Jimmy Toumpas - traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

So, Did Anyone hear that we recruited Zeus? :) I'm Referring to him as Zeus or Thor from now on. Thor would be good because then you could say he's hammering the ball into Mitch, or hammering his opponent.

Pretty awesome result. I was sure we were getting Ollie, but on Wednesday I read an article suggesting that GWS would not pick up Jimmy which would allow us to take him over Ollie and that Ollie would probably go to the dogs.

As AOSMD said - atleast he ended up at port and not the dogs.

He is such a Dimitri.

Toumpas.jpg

So, Did Anyone hear that we recruited Zeus? :) I'm Referring to him as Zeus or Thor from now on. Thor would be good because then you could say he's hammering the ball into Mitch, or hammering his opponent.

Pretty awesome result. I was sure we were getting Ollie, but on Wednesday I read an article suggesting that GWS would not pick up Jimmy which would allow us to take him over Ollie and that Ollie would probably go to the dogs.

As AOSMD said - atleast he ended up at port and not the dogs.

Sorry mate, but Thor is a Norse god, not a Greek.

Jimmy Toumpas is a gun. In the mould of another ex-Eagle Scott Camporeale. Will watch his career at Melbourne with great interest. Would expect he would be ready to play AFL straight away. Took to SANFL league footy like a duck to water and was terrific in the 2011 premiership. Joins other ex-Eagles Steven Stretch, Paul Prymke and Mathew Whelan at Melbourne. Not sure there have been many others from WWT to Melbourne over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy Toumpas is a gun. In the mould of another ex-Eagle Scott Camporeale. Will watch his career at Melbourne with great interest. Would expect he would be ready to play AFL straight away. Took to SANFL league footy like a duck to water and was terrific in the 2011 premiership. Joins other ex-Eagles Steven Stretch, Paul Prymke and Mathew Whelan at Melbourne. Not sure there have been many others from WWT to Melbourne over the years.
Probably Jako is worth a quiet mention.

He is such a ****in wog. I love it! Had a whole greek contingent with him at the draft, what a ****in crack up!

Welcome aboard Jimmy Toumpas! Very happy with this selection now. Seems very eager to get stuck into it. Can't wait for 2013! :)
Got the right bloke. Good luck to Wines at the Power though. Least he didn't have to play for the dogs ;)
I reckon most recruits would prefer to play for the doggies than a basket case like port.. Maybe a little bit of bias their, but I think most non port supporters would agree.

On a different note, congrats on getting toumpas. Will add some much needed pace and leadership to your team, he'll be like a second or third year player straight away. Great leader and a very mature young fella. Best possible outcome for you blokes. You've addressed quite a few needs this draft/trade period and although some were strange selections like Rodan who will only be their for a few years, I guess he's a senior body and has some toe which fills a hole.

Just curious, but would you guys had of picked Orourke if toumpas was taken by gws, or gone with wines? The rest of the dogs board were certain that he'd get through to us up until a week out from the draft, although I thought if he was available for you guys, you would have snapped him up.

I reckon most recruits would prefer to play for the doggies than a basket case like port.. Maybe a little bit of bias their, but I think most non port supporters would agree.

On a different note, congrats on getting toumpas. Will add some much needed pace and leadership to your team, he'll be like a second or third year player straight away. Great leader and a very mature young fella. Best possible outcome for you blokes. You've addressed quite a few needs this draft/trade period and although some were strange selections like Rodan who will only be their for a few years, I guess he's a senior body and has some toe which fills a hole.

Just curious, but would you guys had of picked Orourke if toumpas was taken by gws, or gone with wines? The rest of the dogs board were certain that he'd get through to us up until a week out from the draft, although I thought if he was available for you guys, you would have snapped him up.
I'd rather play for the dogs than Port. We would of taken Wines. O'Rouke is a bit soft, we were after tougher players, while he is a gun with the ball he lacks a defensive game and not the best contested ball winner and we wouldn't of taken him, Wines was easily the toughest player in the draft we would of loved him at Melbourne but Toumpas' all round game and talent was too good not to take.

He is such a ****in wog. I love it! Had a whole greek contingent with him at the draft, what a ****in crack up!

The thing is, he seems a genuine kid - he isn't one of those fake wogs.

Doubt we were too keen on O'rourke. Not sure why gws were, he plays the same role as Toumpas but Toumpas has more upside imo.

Doubt we were too keen on O'rourke. Not sure why gws were, he plays the same role as Toumpas but Toumpas has more upside imo.
Just wondering, why didn't you guys want wines at the dogs? Just a bit of tongue in cheek sort of thing or something deeper than that? You reckon he'll want to head back to vic when his contracts up to play with/near viney, but if the dogs had taken him, he mightn't have cared who he plays for just as long as he can hang out with his best mate? Or am I thinking too deep into it and you blokes just think we're shit house and he wouldn't want to play for us.. Haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Toumpas - traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back