Remove this Banner Ad

ST KILDA

B: J.Geary - C 14 D.Joyce 39 S.Savage 5

HB: J.Battle 26 D.Roberton 17 J.Webster 29

C: J.Billings 15 J.Newnes 16 J.Sinclair 35

HF: J.Gresham 4 J.Bruce 27 D.Kent 25

F: T.Membrey 28 P.McCartin 32 M.Parker 34

Foll: R.Marshall 19 S.Ross 6 J.Steele 9

I/C from: L.Dunstan 7 H.Clark 11 J.Lonie 13 B.Long 21 N.Brown 22 E.Phillips 30 N.Hind 40 C.Wilkie 44 N.Coffield 1 B.Paton 33 D.Armitage 20 L.Pierce 42
Assuming the bench gets cut to 6 tomorrow?

All of Parker, Long and Kent playing is encouraging. If we were going with just two talls I’d be even happier. Hind may struggle because of all of our half backs but I’d be happy to see him in the round 1 team as well.

All of Parker, Long and Kent playing is encouraging. If we were going with just two talls I’d be even happier. Hind may struggle because of all of our half backs but I’d be happy to see him in the round 1 team as well.
Would be good to see all 4 play R1

Last week we were going to have the final two on the bench only play little to no minutes (Paton and Wilkie), but had to bring Wilkie on early to replace Pierce, and I imagine it will be a similar story this week.

Brown and someone else will sit out most if not all the game, unless needed earlier.

ST KILDA

B: J.Geary - C 14 D.Joyce 39 S.Savage 5

HB: J.Battle 26 D.Roberton 17 J.Webster 29

C: J.Billings 15 J.Newnes 16 J.Sinclair 35

HF: J.Gresham 4 J.Bruce 27 D.Kent 25

F: T.Membrey 28 P.McCartin 32 M.Parker 34

Foll: R.Marshall 19 S.Ross 6 J.Steele 9

I/C from: L.Dunstan 7 H.Clark 11 J.Lonie 13 B.Long 21 N.Brown 22 E.Phillips 30 N.Hind 40 C.Wilkie 44 N.Coffield 1 B.Paton 33 D.Armitage 20 L.Pierce 42
The last four are emergencies according to the Saints site.
But I thought we only had six interchange this week.

Interesting side this week. Coffield probably the surprise, looks like he has work to do to get into the side. Armo will be back up this year.

Marshall with a chance to grab the no.1 ruck position. A few positions up for grabs, I get the feeling Newnes is a lock in the Rd1 side.

People keep talking about Acres being used in the ruck like he played a Jason Blake role, I only distinctly remember him rucking of any note in the WB game when Hickey went down - the guy has 10 HO's records for the entire season, what other games did Acres ruck where that was his main role for a period longer than 90 seconds?

The guy has a total of 36 hitouts in his entire career over, at what point can you tell me where he was genuinely played as a ruck, ever really?
just meaning we really don't have a back up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair needs to go he was horrible last week. Squibbed it twice i saw it the other 5 saints supporters i was with agreed. I would give hind first crack hes quick and tough. Wont shirk the contest.

How much of the ball did Sinclair get, how much did Hind get? Is someone going to tie a ribbon round the ball and hand it to Hind 20 times a game because you think Sinclair didn't go in hard enough a couple of times?

How much of the ball did Sinclair get, how much did Hind get? Is someone going to tie a ribbon round the ball and hand it to Hind 20 times a game because you think Sinclair didn't go in hard enough a couple of times?
Cant tackle. Wont put his head over the ball. Skirts the pack waiting for the easy kick. Too slow. He would need a big game to be any where near the best 22. Im not the only one who sees it.

Can find the ball. Can win his own ball and use it well. The only thing that can hurt Sinclair’s spot in the 22 is Richo playing him as a forward.

Cant tackle. Wont put his head over the ball. Skirts the pack waiting for the easy kick. Too slow. He would need a big game to be any where near the best 22. Im not the only one who sees it.
Whilst I agree Sinclair needs to find some form if he's to play round one, I also think you've gone on with a fair bit of bull shit with this post.

To say Sinclair can't tackle couldn't be further from the truth. He's got a bloody good and strong tackling technique and has fairly good tackling numbers for the role he plays.

You also need to realise that each player has a role in the side. You have everyone going in for the footy it turns into an under 8's game fairly quickly and you get smashed on the outside. Jack would be instructed to wait on the outside as that's his role and his as good with ball in hand as anyone in that team.

Well over one third of his possessions last year were contested which is very good for a wing man.

I'll admit his pace isn't ideal for his role, but his biggest issue for me is just being able to find the footy. If you get the ball in his hands 25 times a game he's a great asset to the side. If he's not finding the footy though, it might he time to look at other options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Back