Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's genuine back-up rucking, not what Bertha was trying to convince us was happening. Was a nice story though!
I think the biggest complaint about it was that he was rested/left out due to being sore for a week and came back rucking the next and then got officially injured

Seemed madness at the time

Cheers bro, appreciate the warm sentiment! ;)
Apologies to all for regularly drifting off into a sophisticated psychedelic kind of nightmare! As you put it...lol
In my defence that description is pretty much spot on for what's goin down in my world!
So it's eventually bound to come out being the aimless dramatic dribbler i am! :oops:

Could well be that emotional Euro blood......But i'd prefer to not think about the disturbing reality
And just blame Richo for everything! It's rather therapeutic you know! :think:

Nothing wrong with a psychedelic dream, MM. Psychadelics are now at the cutting edge of treatments for chronic depression and complex PTSD.

I'm linked up we it's a study where chronic suffered of PTSD are being given just 25 mls of Psybocillin in two doses, six weeks apart. The chronic depressives are being treated with Ketamine. The results overseas in similar trials have been remarkable.

In some cases, chronic and persistent conditions have been resolved, almost spontaneously. Here's hoping. Keep dreaming MM!

I think the biggest complaint about it was that he was rested/left out due to being sore for a week and came back rucking the next and then got officially injured

Seemed madness at the time
The 2 minutes total time in the ruck that game would have had no more bearing on his groin injuries than if he was running on the wing all game or marking in the forward line. If he was cleared to play, then he should have been fine to stand in the ruck for those few contests.

It still doesn't answer the question though, people keep saying how Acres was used in the ruck, that's cool, I watched most games I don't recall where he was used in the ruck where that was a primary role, except the one game against WB as mentioned, and that was due to an injury.

Taking a ruck at a stoppage here or there isn't being used as a ruck, I could point to a lot of players who have gone up as the ruck because they were simply the tallest at the stoppage at the time for whatever reason, it's annoying when people are trying to recreate history to suit their own narrative which isn't true - at least not as true as they'd like it to be.
It's. A. Joke.

People use the few times Acres was put into the ruck as indicative of Richo playing players out of position and putting thoroughbreds in jeopardy.

Looking forward to seeing if any of Acres, Long, or D-Mac get up for the game.

Wouldn't be surprised if, now that we have added some more speed, pressure and goalkicking options to the forwardline, Acres is now seen as much more of a "mid". He may even be effectively fighting with Dunstan for one spot, if Stuv doesn't get up for R1.

Amazing that they don't have a thread up for this game on the Bulldogs board with the squads only 20 mins away from being named!
They're all out popping pingas with Libba and getting devo with Bevo.

ST KILDA

B: J.Geary - C 14 D.Joyce 39 S.Savage 5

HB: J.Battle 26 D.Roberton 17 J.Webster 29

C: J.Billings 15 J.Newnes 16 J.Sinclair 35

HF: J.Gresham 4 J.Bruce 27 D.Kent 25

F: T.Membrey 28 P.McCartin 32 M.Parker 34

Foll: R.Marshall 19 S.Ross 6 J.Steele 9

I/C from: L.Dunstan 7 H.Clark 11 J.Lonie 13 B.Long 21 N.Brown 22 E.Phillips 30 N.Hind 40 C.Wilkie 44 N.Coffield 1 B.Paton 33 D.Armitage 20 L.Pierce 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty strong squad. Acres, Austin and McKenzie missing, hopefully playing a game at Sandy?

Probably means these three miss round 1.

Excited to see how Roma goes in the ruck. Good team to ease into it against.

Started terrifically well when he played ruck against from memory Adelaide early last year, but then dropped right off as the game wore on. Hopefully he's got a better tank now to be able to go on with it.

Blake has had some issues with his back for a little while now. I did mention this weeks ago when I went down to main training. Nothing like Carlisle, so don't stress. Club expects him to play early in the year.

My guess is Acres still injured. Would be nice for the club to tell us what he’s got

He walked straight down into the rooms at the intra and looked in a bad mood. He walked past us a few meters away and I thought he looked like it might have been something bad.

He walked straight down into the rooms at the intra and looked in a bad mood. He walked past us a few meters away and I thought he looked like it might have been something bad.

Probably frustrated. Has he ever had an injury free pre-season? Poor kid can’t catch a break.

Sinclair needs to go he was horrible last week. Squibbed it twice i saw it the other 5 saints supporters i was with agreed. I would give hind first crack hes quick and tough. Wont shirk the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Back