JLT2 - Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just imagine if you to the Bombers though

Are you drunk or too dumb to construct a sentence. The Bombers played finals last year and we’re playing them away. You’re playing Fremantle, one of the worst sides last year, at AO.

You really aren’t very bright.

Keath defended well when he was on. Pity he got injured.

Jenkins confidence is shot - he has never been this bad. Hope the GF hasnt destroyed him.

Good to see Vader get on the CEY train after years of calling him a hack, not in our top 40 players and the first guy to be delisted every season without fail. He will now go for Hamptons throat and call himself an expert if he gets squeezed out R1 :)

Hampton, Knight & Gallucci playing should apply plenty of pressure. Problem is 2 are not ready yet.
Add two of those, plus Milera, adds that speed

Jenkins confidence is shot - he has never been this bad. Hope the GF hasnt destroyed him.

Good to see Vader get on the CEY train after years of calling him a hack, not in our top 40 players and the first guy to be delisted every season without fail. He will now go for Hamptons throat and call himself an expert if he gets squeezed out R1 :)
:eek: He WHAT ?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Should be used as a big body tagger and that’s about it.

You’d hope given his fitness levels he can maybe get on his bike when win the ball back, and work his opponent over offensively. Should be looking to either run into space and be a link in the chain, and hopefully execute a simple kick to a forward running out the back, or at lest run hard enough to really open up the ground and create space for our mids to run into the corridor.

It’s a pretty simple game plan, but that’s really the only areas I can see him being effective in for us.

Seedsman and Atkins are going to need to put in good seasons, as I don’t think Gibson and Mackay are going to provide us much on the outside.
Also have Knight, Milera & Gallucci to come into the mix too... who are imo better long term options than Gibson & Mackay.

Thoughts on some players...
Gibson - Pretty much what we expected when we got him. Runs all day and gets a lot of the ball, but God his disposal is awful.
CEY - Looked really strong and won some good clearances. Could well play in R1. If it's a choice between CEY and Hampton, CEY wins every day of the week.
Hampton - No change since 2017, when he was consistently one of our least effective players in the 9 games he played. Turnover looking for somewhere to happen.
Gibbs - Surprisingly fumbly.
Betts - Never managed to get into the game. Beginning to wonder if we've seen the best of him, in which case giving him a long contract will turn out to have been a big mistake.
Fogarty - Really good in the first half. Very quiet in the second half. Partly due to the ball being mostly in Port's forward line, partly because Port tightened up on him and didn't give him the leeway he had earlier. Will play in R1 if Tex isn't ready to go.
Hartigan - Dear God he was awful. If he wasn't standing by and watching Watts kick goals, he was kicking it out on the full himself. Let that settle in for a while - 5 of Watts' 6 goals were kicked on Hartigan.
Murphy - Didn't kick a goal, but showed himself to be a real hard nut.

Umpiring - Adelaide players almost had to be decapitated in order to win a free. Felt like poetic justice when Pittard did his hamstring, given that the umpire refused to pay the "holding" free to Atkins. Then there are other examples, such as allowing Port to substitute a left footer for Neade when Mackay kicked it out of bounds near the point post. Ridiculous number of Adelaide frees that were missed.

Umpires playing to the crowd and probably scared they’d get bitten by a feral.

When I saw Fog playing down back I was not concerned about the result.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This is something I want to have a look at in the replay. It seemed , not only Fog, but some changes were made to find out some things.

All credit to Port. 72 points to 20 in the 2nd half says they wanted it , and they certainly can take a lot of heart from that outing as they sorted some issues out after half time. Jake Neade played well. Its a nice luxury to have to be able to leave a Grey in the forward pocket.

Eddie was ineffective in his pocket and JJ did some things in ruck.

All joking aside ....the Social Media attacks after the GF, and the ADEL Fishbowl, may have in fact broken his will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you drunk or too dumb to construct a sentence. The Bombers played finals last year and we’re playing them away. You’re playing Fremantle, one of the worst sides last year, at AO.

You really aren’t very bright.

B

You really aren’t very bright.[/

Yeah drunk lol, but is it a long weekend in South Australia, give me a break haha.

The bright bit, no i don't glow in the dark;)

Also have Knight, Milera & Gallucci to come into the mix too... who are imo better long term options than Gibson & Mackay.
Neither of those impressed today

Neither of those impressed today
Both should be treated as depth players & we would be crazy to give either significant games ahead of better younger talent.

Should be used as a big body tagger and that’s about it.

You’d hope given his fitness levels he can maybe get on his bike when win the ball back, and work his opponent over offensively. Should be looking to either run into space and be a link in the chain, and hopefully execute a simple kick to a forward running out the back, or at lest run hard enough to really open up the ground and create space for our mids to run into the corridor.

It’s a pretty simple game plan, but that’s really the only areas I can see him being effective in for us.

Seedsman and Atkins are going to need to put in good seasons, as I don’t think Gibson and Mackay are going to provide us much on the outside.
Dmack looked lost today. Doesn't look like he's put on an ounce of muscle kicks better than Gibson (My nan probably does) but doesn't get near it enough. We can't win a flag with him in the side.

Both should be treated as depth players & we would be crazy to give either significant games ahead of better younger talent.
IMO CEY gets a game R1 ......I'd prefer Greenwood over Gibson, whose disposal was average & reaction times to plays, slow

Given the need for speed, there's a spot for Mackay ......but not on today's performance

Still, as i've said infinitum, Hartigan is certainly more than adequate .....but with both he & Talia as effectively stoppers, and losing Lever ....we're short on creativity & attack from defense

That's why i'd go Keath B4 Hartigan .....the big body means naught, if you don't have the nous to use it

Remove this Banner Ad

JLT2 - Game Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back