Opinion Joe Daniher - Will he be remembered more as a Bomber or a Lion?

Joe Daniher - will he be remembered more as a Bomber or a Lion?

• Bomber

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • Lion

Votes: 235 92.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Lions manage to win this year's grand final it will definitely sear the public impression of him as a Lion. Naturally big finals performances tend to be replayed the most, and I think when he calls time and hangs up the boots, I'd imagine his top highlights will be his performances in finals, with those last 2 goals against GWS being up there.

He will be remembered as one of the players who didn’t get banned for drug at Essendon. What was the story behind that, how did he avoid taking it?

He will be remembered as one of the players who didn’t get banned for drug at Essendon. What was the story behind that, how did he avoid taking it?

He wasn't at the club.

drugs saga was 2012. Daniher debut was R 11 2013

incredibly hard to be part of something if you aren't there.

Last edited:
We also need to get to the bottom as to why Obama wasn't in the white house during 9/11.....curious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at the thread. I've always considered him a Bomber who finally relented and left for the Lions as a last resort after both he and the club gave each other ample chances to work things out. His entire Brisbane resume feels like an addendum to being Essendon's great hope of the 2010s. He had every chance to be a fabric player with his name and talent and the fact he was a father son destined for Essendon from a young age.

In Brisbane he's simply a professional football earning a living.

Gotta wonder how his career would have panned out if he was draft eligible 12 months earlier. Strikes me as someone who would have retired if he copped a suspension

nah don't think so.

guy worked through 3 years of groin injuries with osteitis pubis, others probably would have quit.

he barley played after 2017 for us, which is the bit that sucks. Spent all the time and money fixing him to leave for brisbane. But thats life.

Gotta wonder how his career would have panned out if he was draft eligible 12 months earlier. Strikes me as someone who would have retired if he copped a suspension
I doubt he would have been into the whole unregistered off the books drugs thing and with then family support would have been able to weather the contientious objection objections...

Then again later in life he took the compulsory covid shot so may be he would have gone along?

nah don't think so.

guy worked through 3 years of groin injuries with osteitis pubis, others probably would have quit.

he barley played after 2017 for us, which is the bit that sucks. Spent all the time and money fixing him to leave for brisbane. But thats life.
Interesting last paragraph, couldn’t get him on the park for two seasons then played at least 19 games a year for us from his first year. I doubt Essendon ‘fixed’ him totally or at all really

nah don't think so.

Don't feel bad mate. My club traded Jesse Hogan for a third rounder 😂

Interesting last paragraph, couldn’t get him on the park for two seasons then played at least 19 games a year for us from his first year. I doubt Essendon ‘fixed’ him totally or at all really

You have a selective memory.

He was playing for Essendon in his last year in the back end of 2020, once he returned from the injury in the later part of the year, he played consecutive games to close out the year............he just couldn't give a shit.

Then his first year with Lions he played 24 games, after all the work he put into him.

You reckon the lions magically fixed his osteitis pubis in a single off season? lololol

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Joe Daniher - Will he be remembered more as a Bomber or a Lion?

Back