Joel Selwood Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I AM JUST ABOUT SICK OF GEELONG. IT JUST ABOUT SUMS AP WHERE YOU SCUM ARE AT WHEN MOTLOP MILKS THE 30 AND KICKS IT BACKWARDS. IT JUST SHOWS WHERE YOUR EGO IS AT. YOUS THINK YOUR SHIT HOT, BUTR MARK MY WORDS: SOMEONE WILL COME AND BITE YOUR ARSE IN SEPTEMBER WHEN IT MATTERS. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!

LMAO!! I'm glad we won just to see you lose your shit! LOL

pretty hard to break tackles when you drop to your knees and throw your arms up

then you don't understand what he does. Drop your knees to lower yourself down, raise your arm to force the tackle higher, then slip out under the tackle. Works a treat, I don't understand why it hasn't been adopted a lot more. There was one at Geelong who used to try it but he wasn't breaking tackles, he was purely playing for a free, it was embarrassing to watch. It was Christensen. The young fella from the Bulldogs and the one from Brisbane were the same as Bundy, but I think they've both tempered it a bit now.

Christensen would stop cold and hold his opponents arm around his neck and drop to the ground whereas Selwood will just continue surging forward.

I was talking with my brother at half time tonight. He's in his 50s and I'm not far off it. We've seen a lot of tough players from the 70s up until now and we both agree, we've never seen one like him. From my point of view, it can actually get a bit emotional watching him play when you see what he puts himself through to win possession and give it off to a team mate, only for the team mate fumble it and waste Joel's work.

He'd be more bearable if Geelong supporters and McAvaney didn't turn the world's blindest eye to his ducking.

Elite, courageous player, but FFS keep your head up and your knees straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be Hawthorn's best player, and by a fairly long margin dare I say. To think you could have had him if you didn't pick up Thorpe. What a stuff up hey. :D:thumbsu:

He'd be miffed too. He could have four flags. ;)

Seriously though he's a champion player and one that I love to watch and love to hate.

Would be Hawthorn's best player, and by a fairly long margin dare I say. To think you could have had him if you didn't pick up Thorpe. What a stuff up hey. :D:thumbsu:

And he could easily end up like Casey Tutungi by doing his routine........... Dos anyone want to see that ? NO!

Then what would happen ? the media and wider community would hang the tackler out to dry even though it would be JS's fault for doing the tactic.
Just like how everyone hates Macaffer for ruining Abletts shoulder with the tackle.

fptsSYt.jpg

Some said sore loser, however they probably wish their own team had more players with such steely resolve, determination, and passion to win. As for the duck talk, would love to see how the keyboarders would fare in the contest. On behalf of all Geelong fans: Go Selwood! Definetly one of our greatest captains.
And his stature only grows. To think he was overlooked by 6 clubs in the 2006 daft because of dodgey knees. Those knees have worked very well for Joel

And he could easily end up like Casey Tutungi by doing his routine........... Dos anyone want to see that ? NO!

Then what would happen ? the media and wider community would hang the tackler out to dry even though it would be JS's fault for doing the tactic.
Just like how everyone hates Macaffer for ruining Abletts shoulder with the tackle.
If he ended up like Casey Tutungi we all know you'd be the first one in there using it to rile Geelong fans up on how Selwood only has himself to blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Selwood Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back