Joel Selwood Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And he could easily end up like Casey Tutungi by doing his routine........... Dos anyone want to see that ? NO!

Then what would happen ? the media and wider community would hang the tackler out to dry even though it would be JS's fault for doing the tactic.
Just like how everyone hates Macaffer for ruining Abletts shoulder with the tackle.
Do they? First I've heard of this....

I AM JUST ABOUT SICK OF GEELONG. IT JUST ABOUT SUMS AP WHERE YOU SCUM ARE AT WHEN MOTLOP MILKS THE 30 AND KICKS IT BACKWARDS. IT JUST SHOWS WHERE YOUR EGO IS AT. YOUS THINK YOUR SHIT HOT, BUTR MARK MY WORDS: SOMEONE WILL COME AND BITE YOUR ARSE IN SEPTEMBER WHEN IT MATTERS. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!
****ing lol.... Go to bed kid

Ridiculous that he hasn't won a brownlow

Brownlow is an almost meaningless award.

Leigh Matthews
Wayne Carey
Gary Ablett Snr
Ron Barassi
Ted Whitten
John Coleman
etc

If you want to be a legend of the game, a more accurate reflection of potentially being one of the greats would be never winning one.

Wonderful footballer and wonderful captain. Gives his all week in, week out, regardless of the cost. Don't think he has played a bad game - and only a couple of ordinary ones, otherwise very good for 10 years. True competitor.

Last edited:
Absolute champion. Would not surprise me in the slightest if he wins this years brownlow. Add to that the intangibles that his leadership offers - it would be interesting to see where Geelong would be currently had they not drafted him.

I think the people who hate him are the flogs. He's as tough as they come and if being soft is getting upset after losing a final then every player who's ever lost a final is soft because they all get upset, some of them even cry. I love seeing ppl have a conniption over him, because I know if he played on their team they'd worship the ground he walks on. Hypocrisy runs deep here.

Some said sore loser, however they probably wish their own team had more players with such steely resolve, determination, and passion to win. As for the duck talk, would love to see how the keyboarders would fare in the contest. On behalf of all Geelong fans: Go Selwood! Definetly one of our greatest captains.
The reason a lot sit behind the keyboard isn't because they aren't tough it's because they aren't skilful enough to play local footy. If you want tough footballers watch suburban footy

Absolute knee dropping ducking POS.

The rules of the game needed to be changed because he plays so far outside the spirit of the game.

Poser of the highest order

He's just lucky Otten and Hartigan are far too soft to go through with the job

They certainly don't come any braver.

You just knew that even after taking that heavy hit - that he would be back on the field soon thereafter as soon as he stopped bleeding.

Also has been doing great for my supercoach team all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's good but he's no GWS. I don't see Selwood winning 5 flags over the next 5 years whereas with GWS you'd have to see them not failing to win 5 flags over the next 5 years.. right?

Absolute knee dropping ducking POS.

The rules of the game needed to be changed because he plays so far outside the spirit of the game.

Poser of the highest order

He's just lucky Otten and Hartigan are far too soft to go through with the job

Someone's hurting. He tore your team of pretenders apart.

Did he even get a free tonight?

So if it's so easy to go for the hard ball now then why don't other players do it?
Well you've presented Ian Dunross with the classic response that'll no doubt result in a "I've got nothing" or some back peddling response. Kudos.

He'd be more bearable if Geelong supporters and McAvaney didn't turn the world's blindest eye to his ducking.

Elite, courageous player, but FFS keep your head up and your knees straight.
Ive been on here long enough to know you're Show Some Fight, a good yid boy.

Normally that earns some grace with me but I'll be blunt, if you truly believe he ducks then you're just like the rest that know nothing about football.

Raises his arms to evade tackles. Sure. Ducks... **** no.

So which is it Tulip... Moron or admit you've classed him incorrectly.?
Ducking doesn't merit free kicks as per recent rule changes. Pretty sure that explains why he still receives them in abundance.
Personally I think the ducking technique is cheating.
Plus Selwood is a sore loser when the team loses.

Wouldn't invite him over for a lamb roast thats for sure! :p

Wouldn't want cheaters/duckers at Hawthorn thanks :p

Its a shame he has such a shit record as captain during finals.

:rainbow: Hawk bay flogs escaped from their padded cells. Now back where you belong floggos.

Personally I think the ducking technique is cheating.
Plus Selwood is a sore loser when the team loses.

Wouldn't invite him over for a lamb roast thats for sure! :p
Be much better off inviting Mitch Thorp around for one instead;)

Really? You're calling a champ of the game a cheat when he's not breaking any rules! Damn that's lame!
To be fair mxeet spent four years saying certain players of a certain team didn't do anything wrong, so his judgement could be questioned a lil

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Selwood Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back