News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Thought I may as well get a thread going on it anyway as it's big news. Welcome to Carlton John and all the best :thumbsu:

John Barker joins Carlton

The Carlton Football Club is pleased to confirm the appointment of John Barker as an assistant coach with the Club.

“John’s appointment confirms our senior coaching panel for 2011. John, Mark Riley and Gavin Brown will be the assistant coaches in the role of line-coaches working with senior assistant coach Alan Richardson and senior coach Brett Ratten. Darren Harris will continue in the important role of Development and Academy Manager in 2011.

John Barker joins Carlton

Welcome John. Good luck. Poor form to start hating on the man before he has even done anything at the club.

Someone should send a letter to the club, informing them of how the Saints & Hawks forwards functioned with him there.

They must not have access to this compelling information, to which the rest of us are able to base our judgment.

Duck, duck, goose...

I fear the worst but hope the best. I hope he does a damn side better with our forward line than he did when he was at St. Kilda and Hawthorn. If i see players taking marks on the boundry and Carlton ignoring the corridore like forwardlines run by Barker in the past I won't be happy. Lets see how things go though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone should send a letter to the club, informing them of how the Saints & Hawks forwards functioned with him there.

What was ever wrong with the Saints forward line?

And is he to blame for Hawthorn's massive injury list and Clarkson's game plan being worked out?

Not wishing to alarm Carlton fans, but before John Barker came to Hawthorn, Roughead was a great kick. After Barker got through with Roughy, he started taking 2 step run ups and was a worse kick than Franklin! Beware if he tries to change any of your players kicking styles. It will spell trouble.

Lets see what he can do, perhaps he is just unlucky. As a player he was unsuccessful, only an average player which is fine as good player doesn't always equal good coach but he was a part of football sides when they were a rabble. He has coached talented forward lines in quality teams and those forward lines have been a rabble. Allarm bells ring loudly with me. Let's just hope for the best.

Not wishing to alarm Carlton fans, but before John Barker came to Hawthorn, Roughead was a great kick. After Barker got through with Roughy, he started taking 2 step run ups and was a worse kick than Franklin! Beware if he tries to change any of your players kicking styles. It will spell trouble.

Yes, we are aware of your need to find a scapegoat for your poor performances of late, cheers.

What was ever wrong with the Saints forward line?

I can't remember that far back, so I have no idea actually. Good question though, since I've seen it mentioned many times.

And is he to blame for Hawthorn's massive injury list and Clarkson's game plan being worked out?

I have no problem with the appointment - sarcasm was implied.

That may well be the case, but doesn't anyone think that people can learn from their mistakes?

I just can see Barker having gone through an intensive interview process in order to attain a key role, thinking; "All those things that didn't work for me before? I'll try them again."

Remove this Banner Ad

News John Barker joins Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back