John McCarthy passes away in Las Vegas. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...>What horrible news condolences to Johns friends and family and the PAFC

We lost my cousin about 12 months ago at a very similar age, to a very sudden and unspected death and it has ripped my whole family apart, i hope his family can stay strong and be there for each other...Young healthy people are not meant to die :( TRAGIC TRAGIC news :(

wow. just replied to a hawkins thread, only to see this one straight after...

shows the discussion of the worth of a teams key foward to be extremely petty in the scheme of things.

what horrible news. really deflating.

RIP - best of wishes to all who knew him.

RIP J-Mac

Am friend's with someone whom is very close to him. Absolutley gutted for them and can't stop thinking about their loss.
Never met the guy but people who had always gave a great account of what a fun, polite bloke he was...and still is.

Horrible news. Just a few weeks ago my old man was commenting that he'd been a great pick-up for Port. I really feel for his family and friends, they must be devastated.

Just saw the replay of the KT presser... geez that was hard to watch, you could tell he was trying to hold back the emotion. :(

Andrew Demetriou about to speak on FoxNews on the matter also.

Some of our boys are over in Vegas as well, and I hope this is a reminder for them to stay safe.

Keith Thomas did a fantastic job with his press conference. Would have been hard.

No doubt they would have been in touch with the Port boys and offered support as well

At times like this club ties are cast aside as they seem trivial by comparison

Unbelievable.. You see these guys run around and take for granted they are there and will be, like we do with everyone I guess..

Sorry goes out to all involved, shocking news..

RIP John

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty damn disappointing of media outlets to be posting images of Port players visibly distressed and grieving as they walk into Alberton. Where's the right to privacy these days? Same goes with taking photos of a grieving PM over the weekend. It's disgraceful even in times like this that all media outlets want is hits on their website and all the money they can get.

Tragedy to say the least. Never right when somebody has their life cut so short.

Pretty damn disappointing of media outlets to be posting images of Port players visibly distressed and grieving as they walk into Alberton. Where's the right to privacy these days? Same goes with taking photos of a grieving PM over the weekend. It's disgraceful even in times like this that all media outlets want is hits on their website and all the money they can get.

This pissed me off immensely also.

Did Maguire have to make this about Collingwood FFS. My God, had to stop the car I was so angry.

He was a Collingwood listed player for a lot longer than he was a Port player. Why the hell shouldn't be have something to say.

This isn't about Port Adelaide football club and you basking in the attention.

If his funeral is this week will it affect some of the collingwood players heading into this weeks game?

shocking way to go, I live in the area he is from, gonna hit the peninsula pretty hard. Sorrento seniors are in the grand final this weekend(johns junior club), they will be trying to win it for him you would imagine.

If his funeral is this week will it affect some of the collingwood players heading into this weeks game?

I doubt it will be to be honest. The body won't be released for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back