Trade Requested John Noble [RFA 2026] - requests trade to a club outside of Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think we get 26. Be presently surprised if we get 20. But why not ask for 12 as an opening gambit.
Yes I think we've already seen manoeuvering going on. Doesn't hurt to ask, still have to negotiate in good faith I think we've been doing that recently.
Well done on typing alot of words with literally no value, impressive :)
Can't match you for efficiency ;)

Reply respected.
You're a good sport. It's annoying when circumstances mean your man is seemingly disrespected, Rioli is obviously a star and would improve any club.

Is Richmond loading up picks this year? Seems like the right draft to do it, reportedly a great pool and very deep, lots of clubs jostling to get into the 4 given how even its been recently.

The Pies are scratching around for picks, I'd say its 99% likely we trade Noble but its also likely we get slight overs due to circumstances: not because its the Suns, just because they need reliable run and defense.

Usually when a player nominates a single club it ties the contract holder's hands a bit more.

Good run and carry, provides defensive pressure and puts he's body on the line, 26 does it
Doesn't get injured. Fast with good running patterns His body use to be weak but he has put on some good muscle over the last 2 years, which means his tackling and evasion has gone up. His disposal has improved slightly but still a bit of a weakness. Should be good for 75-125 games.

For those that don’t know him, (seems there’s a few).
100% team man.
Played 112 game in 5 1/2 seasons.
Gives 100% all the time and doesn’t shirk a contest.
Provides great run off HB or wing and his disposal is generally pretty good.
I’d be happy if he stays.

If John Noble gets the Pies pick #12 then we need to fold the suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy must play amazing football when I am not watching.

Did you watch Geeong v Collingwood this year? Close to our best with 800-odd metres gained, 150m more than anyone else on the field... It's weird you can miss him with that hair.

Is not worth pick 12 outright but 20 or 26 are close. They get pushed out to 25-30 in any case

I don't get it. Seem average at best
John Noble is not a star but has become a very reliable player over the past few seasons. Gives 100% every game, runs and carries/attacks well, defends well, decent disposal. Every team needs players like him. Craig McCrae is shattered to lose him.

John Noble is not a star but has become a very reliable player over the past few seasons. Gives 100% every game, runs and carries/attacks well, defends well, decent disposal. Every team needs players like him. Craig McCrae is shattered to lose him.

He didn't make Collingwood's 23 for the grand finals last year. So I doubt McCrae could be too disappointed.

He didn't make Collingwood's 23 for the grand finals last year. So I doubt McCrae could be too disappointed.
No one has any idea who's in Carltons best 23 for a grand final for the last 25 years. He played about 23 games last year and every game but 1 this year. He is around the mark for our best 22.

No need to doubt, he was on SEN a couple of weeks back talking about it:

"Johnny came in and told us the he wanted to request a trade to Gold Coast,” McRae said on SEN’s The Run Home.

“It was really difficult actually, I felt really compromised. Sitting there and listening to Johnny, and I won’t share everything, but when he said my dad’s up there, my mum’s up there, my brother has just moved up there, amongst other reasons.

“I’m a family first guy. We have family first as one of our big cultural values. So he says that and I’m like, ‘Oh god’. He’s got a two-year contract, he’s one of our best-performed players this year and I’m going, ‘Hang on, you’ve got family first which is a moral dilemma for me, I don’t want this guy to go, he’s not disgruntled’.

“He’s not disgruntled and he understands he’s got a contract but he wants to make certain choices around moving closer to family and other things that have been put in front of him.

“So we’re sitting going of course we want to support your family but we’re not in a hurry to let you go as a footy club because he’s such a value to us.”

McRae did reiterate that in order for Noble to get his wish, the Suns must agree on a trade that satisfies the Magpies.

“I said to John that I’ll leave it up to the others to see what that looks like,” he added.

“But I’m just letting you know mate, we’re not in a hurry to let you go. It’s going to have to be a pretty good deal for us to decide this because you’re on a two-year contract, we don’t have players cued up to play the roles he plays.

“Like I said, he’s not disgruntled. He understands if it doesn’t work out he’s playing with us next year.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested John Noble [RFA 2026] - requests trade to a club outside of Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back