Johncock ruled OUT !

Remove this Banner Ad

Its kinda sad that we are relying on the Crows injuries to help us over the line. Would be much better to see us win against a full strength Adelaide side.
But, even with all their injuries The crows are still a very good side, we will have to be sharp in all areas to get over them.

A lot of journos are bringing up the last time we played the crows at AAMI but, and we had 8 of our best 22 out then.
Horses for courses, and you can only beat who they put out on the park.
50/50 game now !!

Its kinda sad that we are relying on the Crows injuries to help us over the line. Would be much better to see us win against a full strength Adelaide side.
But, even with all their injuries The crows are still a very good side, we will have to be sharp in all areas to get over them.

Dude, a win is a win is a win. I don't care how we get it!

We aren't relying on it, we are just reporting who's out. I would think Adelaide fans would be pretty wrapped if Pavlich was ruled out..

Do you think Steve Bradford cares?

Our team from last time (in bold those who are likely to play this week) - 12 changes:

Greg Broughton
Paul Duffield
Steven Dodd (Silvagni)
Antoni Grover (JVB)
Paul Hasleby
Kepler Bradley (Mayne)
David Mundy
Brett Peake (Morabito)
Stephen Hill
Byron Schammer (Crowley)
Luke McPharlin
Clayton Hinkley (Barlow)
Nicholas Suban
Chris Tarrant
Scott Thornton (Headland)
Matthew DeBoer (Hayden)
Dean Solomon (McPhee)
Hayden Ballantyne
Zachary Clarke (Sandilands)
Tim Ruffles (Johnson)
Garrick Ibbotson
Ryan Murphy (Pavlich)

Our team from last time (in bold those who are likely to play this week) - 12 changes:

Greg Broughton
Paul Duffield
Steven Dodd (Silvagni)
Antoni Grover (JVB)
Paul Hasleby
Kepler Bradley (Mayne)
David Mundy
Brett Peake (Morabito)
Stephen Hill
Byron Schammer (Crowley)
Luke McPharlin
Clayton Hinkley (Barlow)
Nicholas Suban
Chris Tarrant
Matthew DeBoer (Hayden)
Dean Solomon (McPhee)
Hayden Ballantyne
Tim Ruffles (Johnson)
Garrick Ibbotson
Ryan Murphy (Pavlich)

yeah good post. although if we had timmy ruffles in this week, it would go from being a win by 1-2 goals to being a win by 10+ goals ;)....... man i wish he was playing :(

Greg Broughton
Paul Duffield
Steven Dodd (Silvagni)
Antoni Grover (JVB)
Paul Hasleby
Kepler Bradley (Mayne)
David Mundy
Brett Peake (Morabito)
Stephen Hill
Byron Schammer (Crowley)
Luke McPharlin
Clayton Hinkley (Barlow)
Nicholas Suban
Chris Tarrant
Matthew DeBoer (Hayden)
Dean Solomon (McPhee)
Hayden Ballantyne
Tim Ruffles (Johnson)
Garrick Ibbotson
Ryan Murphy (Pavlich)

WOW every change is an improvement with the possible exception of McPhee for Solomon which is about square. Very interesting

Dude, a win is a win is a win. I don't care how we get it!

We aren't relying on it, we are just reporting who's out. I would think Adelaide fans would be pretty wrapped if Pavlich was ruled out..

Do you think Steve Bradford cares?

Pavlich out is alot different than Johncock being out mate. lol

Be difficult for our boys to win this one now , Johncock just provides so much run and carry that we desperately need. That takes the tally to 7 of our best 22 out in Johncock , Porplyzia , Burton , Knights , Otten , Sellar & Martin while van Berlo , Maric and McLeod all limping into round 1 with sore spots and lack of match fitness. This morning I was thinking we were a pretty good thing but now after this latest setback and looking over our injury list again, I'd imagine you'd account for us fairly comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be difficult for our boys to win this one now , Johncock just provides so much run and carry that we desperately need. That takes the tally to 7 of our best 22 out in Johncock , Porplyzia , Burton , Knights , Otten , Sellar & Martin while van Berlo , Maric and McLeod all limping into round 1 with sore spots and lack of match fitness. This morning I was thinking we were a pretty good thing but now after this latest setback and looking over our injury list again, I'd imagine you'd account for us fairly comfortably.

That would be true I'd imagine, but your best 22 is a fair bit better than our best 22.

Certainly sucks for the Crows, but great news for Fremantle.

Johncock is a great defender and a huge blow for them IMO.

Getting a little worried though, all signs are pointing to a Freo victory but we know what happens most of the time in that scenario.

we need that ounce of luck. we haven't won a RD1 fro along time and probably only once in the last 10 yrs.

winning RD 1 could provide the momentum to possibly be 2-2 or 3-1 after Rd 4.

Definetly a big loss for the Crows, a big player for them. All I'm looking for on Sunday is a 4 quarter effort from the boys. We are reknown for dropping off in the second half for who knows why, if we can stick at it for the whole game we are a real chance to win this.

A lot of journos are bringing up the last time we played the crows at AAMI but, and we had 8 of our best 22 out then.
Horses for courses, and you can only beat who they put out on the park.
50/50 game now !!

And they're missing 6(??) of their best 22 Sunday so we should win?

we need that ounce of luck. we haven't won a RD1 fro along time and probably only once in the last 10 yrs.

winning RD 1 could provide the momentum to possibly be 2-2 or 3-1 after Rd 4.

Exactly we are always playing catch up after the first game. Also I dread the purple Haze games we always seem to play like crabs in those games cannot remember winning one. Len Hall games we lift for, purple Haze games seem to be the opposite. Be stoked if we can manage a win, especially given the opposition in the weeks after this.

We have an infinitely better team than round 1 last year.
We got rolled by 4-5 by the Bulldogs.
We should win this

Luckily we're infinitely better than then lach, coz' if memory serves me correctly we lost by closer to 10 goals after being in it until the 4th :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Johncock ruled OUT !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back