Autopsy Freo outclassed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is a coach that plays attractive footy and is available???
I have no insight into his availability or inclination to coach at the top level again, but geez I’d love to get someone like Choco in the top job. Guy is a master at this game.

I have no insight into his availability or inclination to coach at the top level again, but geez I’d love to get someone like Choco in the top job. Guy is a master at this game.
Yep. If it’s 2 years and then Director of Coaching. Or just Director of Coaching.

If we do go down the road of sacking etc I would like to get Dunstall and someone astute in the media to review the Coaching department and help select the new coach.

Stop with the Freo boys club. It’s nonsense. Remember Vossy opting out of an interview when he saw who was selecting the coach…Former Freo people.

Also hate to say it but David King has made some valid points regarding our gameplan……maybe we get him on board to review. Seriously why not. He is on point about us and our coach. Again I hate to admit it.

Yep. If it’s 2 years and then Director of Coaching. Or just Director of Coaching.

If we do go down the road of sacking etc I would like to get Dunstall and someone astute in the media to review the Coaching department and help select the new coach.

Stop with the Freo boys club. It’s nonsense. Remember Vossy opting out of an interview when he saw who was selecting the coach…Former Freo people.

Also hate to say it but David King has made some valid points regarding our gameplan……maybe we get him on board to review. Seriously why not. He is on point about us and our coach. Again I hate to admit it.
David flipping King? Even you've outdone yourself here. And to think I'd heard it all the last 2 days. Can see how you'd like his over reactions and drama though. Betting scandals, drink driving & running from a car crash, his hugs and excuses for Gaff's punch on Brayshaw. I can't stand him. Hypocritical shock jock and just another of the VFL boy's club.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
What interests me is all this commentary on 'building connection' between team mates, and 'guys going insular'.

Two years ago, going by the club's own accounts and media postings, I saw a team that was very tight together, where players were welcoming each other in board, training together, urging each other on, and whom had all bought in entirely.

That is NOT the team I saw before me in the last four games.

It's got me wondering ....

What the fcuk has changed internally in the interim? Where has that abundant cohesion and buy-in gone?

The biggest changes I personally can point to from an outside perspective, which might have affected team morale or self belief are:
  • mundy leaving
  • Jackson coming
  • JOM coming
  • Logue, acres, tucker, Lob and Meek leaving,
  • drafting a massive bunch of second string forwards (no offence, but none of them have impressed me much yet)
  • josh Carr leaving

Players are also seemingly "focussed on last year", and they need to stop...

What EXACTLY about last year, are they still focussed on?

Is that another way of saying they are missing the people who left?

Because on the face of it, we lost more quality than we got in. Jackson is good, but he's still one man, who can only play in one spot at a time.

What sparked all that personnel to leave? With lobb it was greed, with meek it was opportunity, with logue it was money and opportunity, with tucker it was opportunity, with acres it was security and opportunity.
Or at least that's the way it seemed

I note that out of all the players we lost, lobby was the only one who wanted to go.

The rest wanted to stay.

...but they weren't getting a shot. They were robbed of opportunity, and opportunity is what JL has been promising all the players since he arrived.

We traded the farm however to get Jackson, and he has been gifted a role in the starting lineup. Ditto with JOM.

Was it these trades that made a lie of the club's promise to it's players, to give everyone on its current list an opportunity if they were good enough? Or did that just expose a lie?

Or am I way off entirely?

Is disillusionment the problem? Is feeding spin to the players the problem?

Is selling out the problem?

I ask, because I honestly don't know, and I don't believe the stuff I'm being told by Jlo so far. It smells distressingly of bullshit at this point.

What the fcuk happened to undermine the magnificent cohesion, team spirit and self belief the whole playing group had in spades just nine months ago??

I honestly can't say for sure yet... But something quite tangible to the team's success and team's faith in itself seems to have changed.

We need to find it, and fix it. Or I suspect this team will not start performing like it should ....for quite some time to come.

Without cohesion, we won't succeed, or retain the talent we have attracted.

Without equal opportunity, all the clubs promises of reward for effort will ring hollow, and talent will start to scatter on the winds once again.

This team is nowhere as tight as it used to be. And is nowhere near as tight as the teams it is playing against.

So I say again...

...what the fcuk happened?

Last edited:
What interests me is all this commentary on 'building connection' between team mates, and 'guys going insular'.

Two years ago, going by the club's own accounts and media postings, I saw a team that was very tight together, where players were welcoming each other in board, training together, urging each other on, and whom had all bought in entirely.

So what the fcuk has changed in the interim? Where has that cohesion gone?

The biggest changes I can point to from an outside perspective, which might have affected team morale or self belief are:

• mundy leaving
  • Jackson coming
  • Logue, acres, tucker, and Lob leaving,
  • drafting a massive bunch of second string forwards (no offence, but none of them have impressed me yet)
  • josh Carr leaving

Because on the face of it, we lost more quality than we got in. Jackson is good, but he's still one man, who can only play in one spot at a time.

And we traded the farm to get him. Was that the problem? I ask, because I honestly don't know, and I don't believe the stuff I'm being told so far. It smells distressingly of bullshit at this point.

What the fcuk happened to undermine the magnificent cohesion, team spirit and self belief the playing group had in spades just nine months ago??

I honestly can't say for sure yet... But something quite tangible to the team's success and team's faith in itself seems to have changed.
Trading away so many players would definitely play a part. Especially guys like Logue and Acres who were big club men that everyone liked.

So what the fcuk has changed in the interim? Where has that cohesion gone?

The biggest changes I can point to from an outside perspective, which might have affected team morale or self belief are:

• mundy leaving
  • Jackson coming
  • Logue, acres, tucker, and Lob leaving,
  • drafting a massive bunch of second string forwards (no offence, but none of them have impressed me yet)
  • josh Carr leaving

And we traded the farm to get him. Was that the problem? I ask, because I honestly don't know, and I don't believe the stuff I'm being told so far. It smells distressingly of bullshit at this point.

What the fcuk happened to undermine the magnificent cohesion, team spirit and self belief the playing group had in spades just nine months ago??

The amount of turnover we've had is quite large. Turnover always causes disruption of varying levels, especially for a young team who don't have oodles of experience to call upon.

The turnover we've had is in some big structural areas to the way we play, so it's not surprising there are issues with connection and cohesion on the field.

How long that takes to gel, who knows, there are many variables.

I note that out of all the players we lost, lobby was the only one who wanted to go.

The rest wanted to stay.

...but they weren't getting a shot. They were robbed of opportunity, and opportunity is what JL has been promising all the players since he arrived.

Was it these trades that made a lie of the club's promise to it's players, to give everyone on its current list an opportunity if they were good enough? Or did that just expose a lie?
Well Acres, Tucker and Logue all requested trades so I am not convinced that they "wanted to stay" for whatever reasons known to them.
I would debate the "werent given a shot" and "robbed of opportunities".....Acres and Logue played 20 games last year. Tucker played 14. Meek was given a few games, but it was always going to be hard for him to establish himself in the side with Darcy the preferred first ruck.
I dont think lack of opportunity for Logue, Acres and Tucker was the motivating force....
If logue, acres and Tucker had of stayed, do you think that they would not be playing this season?

If logue, acres and Tucker had of stayed, do you think that they would not be playing this season?
I don't honestly know. Possibly they may be. Logue tucker and acres all spoke highly of the club after they left, and praised the internal culture, saying it made it hard to leave, which is what prompted my comments.

My concern is more the general lack of cohesion that seems to be occurring along with this supposed preoccupation / infatuation / whatever one wants to call it... with the results of last year. Surely the messaging over the need for continued effort and constant improvement at the team and individual level has not changed... so why then these references to preoccupation with the past?

. I am not saying that the personal departures I mentioned were cause to any effect.

I am saying it the team's collective psyche seems to have shifted in some fashion, and I am merely looking for the cause.

I don't honestly know. Possibly they may be. Logue tucker and acres all spoke highly of the club after they left, and praised the internal culture, saying it made it hard to leave, which is what prompted my comments.

My concern is more the general lack of cohesion that seems to be occurring along with this supposed preoccupation / infatuation / whatever one wants to call it... with the results of last year. Surely the messaging over the need for continued effort and constant improvement at the team and individual level has not changed... so why then these references to preoccupation with the past?

. I am not saying that the personal departures I mentioned were cause to any effect.

I am saying it the team's collective psyche seems to have shifted in some fashion, and I am merely looking for the cause.
I hope they didnt get carried away with their own hype...JLo included.

Well Acres, Tucker and Logue all requested trades so I am not convinced that they "wanted to stay" for whatever reasons known to them.
I would debate the "werent given a shot" and "robbed of opportunities".....Acres and Logue played 20 games last year. Tucker played 14. Meek was given a few games, but it was always going to be hard for him to establish himself in the side with Darcy the preferred first ruck.
I dont think lack of opportunity for Logue, Acres and Tucker was the motivating force....
Logue sees himself as a very good backman and we made him sacrifice this and forced him to play in our dysfunctional forward line. We would have been better off trialling Chapman, Clarke or Young further up the ground to fit him into his natural position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logue sees himself as a very good backman and we made him sacrifice this and forced him to play in our dysfunctional forward line. We would have been better off trialling Chapman, Clarke or Young further up the ground to fit him into his natural position.
We didn't make him sacrifice it in any sort of permanent way. A preseason could have had him back in his favoured position. The money and being treated all special by a club looking to poach him had him out the door.

Logue asked for a contract extension with us at the start of 2022 for much less than north ended up giving him and got rebuffed. It was a complete list management **** up by the club, end of story

The club made off season decisions that indicate they don't agree.

- we traded out our best kpf, and the only one we had who lends any plausibility to our penchant for bombing it long inside 50. I think it's pretty clear that with Jackson coming in we thought had that covered and maintain that strategy.

- we traded out our only plausible swing man, again indicating that we were confident he was surplus to requirements.

- we traded out our best performing wing and the club indicated we had depth to manage that. The failure to find a solution to the loss of Acres is embarrassing.

- we traded out of a couple of drafts worth of first round draft picks with the clear indication that Jackson was the final piece for our game plan. This year's draft pick looks like something that will really get Melbourne fans salivating over.

- we have seen no reason to fast track our high end midfield draftees and instead have them on the slow train in development terms.

- we have traded in a mature midfielder which now seems to have resulted in our best performed big bodied mid from last year now playing at Peel, while simultaneously putting in borderline performances himself.

- we have determined that our midfield situation is so good that Fyfe is no longer required.

All of that is telling me the club believes we do have the cattle.

What we do have is an excellent list for a coach to inherit.Yes, I understand you've beenn
Yes Gav. I understand you've been bashing me around the ears waiting for your 'told your so' moment. No offence, but you sound like a petulant child.

Yes, the club has made mistakes. Yes we expected better.

Feel free to jump off. We will be fine without you.

Just re-watched the second half after i had cooled down a bit .I thought it could have ended up differently had that kick from Henry gone through (the crows player pulled one out of his arse to get that backside of his boot on it) would have got the margin back to 3 goals with plenty of time on the clock.Adelaide got some freaky goals after that and it was all over.Tipping the boys to bounce back on Friday.Bring in Brodie and Sturt and have a real hot crack .Things can turn around quickly but just got to sort out that forward line .

Logue asked for a contract extension with us at the start of 2022 for much less than north ended up giving him and got rebuffed. It was a complete list management * up by the club, end of story

That's a monumental **** up. I remember that. If Cox or Pearce is injured we are even more ****ed now.

That's sack able

What really passes me off is when people say everyone who.leaves is a spud. Neither Logue or Acres where playing as spuds last year. Logue was put out of position and Arcres was our best wing

Too easy. I'm a Ross Lyon fan.

Coach is the most difficult position we have had to fill at the club and we have been successful once. And I don't think we have made ourselves attractive to potential coaches with how we handled both Harvey and Lyon. Any of our coaches in fact. We have verged on disgraceful.
We’ve been no worse than Essendon and they got Brad Scott, doing ok this year.

St Kilda re-signed Ratten mid last year, then sacked him a couple months later. Everyone laughed at their incompetence at handling coaches. Now they’re flying with Lyon.

If there’s no one good available at the end of the year, we should keep Longmuir and bolster the football department. Better assistants, a director of coaching like Balme / Choco if we can get one. If we do neither then the board should consider a full clean out from Bell down in 2024 if we continue being mediocre.

That's a monumental * up. I remember that. If Cox or Pearce is injured we are even more ****ed now.

That's sack able

What really passes me off is when people say everyone who.leaves is a spud. Neither Logue or Acres where playing as spuds last year. Logue was put out of position and Arcres was our best wing
Yep. Even last season I thought that we are one or 2 injuries to key backs away from a disaster. Nothing has changed in that regard.
When you build a side around an awesome defense with very little in terms of depth, you are playing cross your fingers.

Yep. Even last season I thought that we are one or 2 injuries to key backs away from a disaster. Nothing has changed in that regard.
When you build a side around an awesome defense with very little in terms of depth, you are playing cross your fingers.

Logue was that necessary insurance

Pick 21 this draft could be anything good or bad

NFI why we had to hand over this year's first on top of last year's first and second round picks for an uncontracted Jackson when no other teams were bidding as he only wanted Freo.

We will miss out on a much needed top 4 pick at the rate we are going. Something that could fill a list need such as another quality kpf to help Amiss in the future as Tabs is close to delisting

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo outclassed by the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back