Jonathon Griffin to quit Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the same can be said for Port. Salopek is gone, Krakour is gone, Boak almost gone, Tredrea gone
Salopek isnt gone and will most likely sign a new contract at Port

Boak was never "almost gone". Just because the media went into a frenzy doesnt make it true. I was speaking to a Port player just last week at their training centre tour and he told me that Boak never even considered leaving... was always going to sign a new contract with Port.... same with Robbie Gray

Yes i concede Krak is gone, and yes Tredders retired... 2 out of 4 aint bad?

Honestly don't know much about him surely he is a better option than Clarke atm though. Im sure in time Clarke will be a good player but atm he is to light to handle ruck duties.

that is a pretty stupid article (apart from being a day late)

If he wants to go home, how the **** does Hawthorn come into the fray? unless there is something we all don't know.

Hawks have reneged on their deal with the Tas Gov and signed up with the WA Gov instead?:D

Just posted this on our Board, it's just a thought I had, so put no weight on it, but....

Ablett goes to GC.

WCE trade Cox... to Geelong.

I would love that...I have been saying it for months, although it's more fantasy than anything, WCE won't trade Cox.

As for Griffin, if it really is for family reasons you would imagine he'd be happy to be stuck in the WAFL for a while if it means he gets to go home. You'd think either of the WA clubs would take him simply as insurance in case Sandi/Cox go down...he's not particularly good but for a 6th rounder or something, it makes sense.

AFl site says he has serious personal reasons, has nothing against the Crows and simply wants to go home.

So even if the Hawks enter the fray, it sounds like he's going West, or staying put

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101314/default.aspx

Griffin's manager Colin Young said his client had no issues with the Crows.

"He has a very serious personal reason that has prompted his decision not to seek a new contract with the Crows," Young told sportsnewsfirst.com.au.

"We now have to check with either Fremantle or the West Coast, to see if they have interest in Jon to continue his career with them.

"We will talk to both the WA clubs over the next couple of weeks and see what might transpire in regards to a trade deal for Jon."

Adelaide football manager Phil Harper confirmed in a statement on Friday evening that Griffin had requested a trade, but only on a "win-win" basis.

"He understands that that if a win-win deal cannot be done, he is happy to stay in Adelaide (the next closest place to Perth) and continue his career here," Harper said.

"The club is sympathetic to Jon’s wishes and will work towards a deal that is a positive for all parties."

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathon Griffin to quit Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back