Jonny Griffin leaving Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

ManicMiner

Rookie
Aug 3, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
...wants to move back to Perth for "personal reasons"

Blow to Crows - which WA club will get him or needs him most??

I would reckon Freo, seeing as Sandilands has played on his own in the ruckus this year.

“Jon has told his coach Neil Craig and their football manager that he wants to be traded back to Western Australia,” Young said.

http://tiny.cc/drtky

He has shown a bit this year as a second ruck, but he could not pick two worse clubs to choose from. Bradley offers flexiblity (like Hawkins at Geelong and Brown at Collingwood) while there's no way he'll get a game at WCE while Cox is on the list. If he headed to Melbourne he would easily get a game at Hawthorn or Richmond.

are we trading him to the Demons for Andrew Jarman? Its the only type of footy he will get in WA.

I honestly do not get professional footballers who whine about going home when he would be better off at other clubs who need ruckmen. TBH, neither Adelaide club has a ruck division worth writing home about and he could get a gig in Victoria and at GC before the likelihood of him getting picked at either WA Clubs.

are we trading him to the Demons for Andrew Jarman? Its the only type of footy he will get in WA.

I honestly do not get professional footballers who whine about going home when he would be better off at other clubs who need ruckmen. TBH, neither Adelaide club has a ruck division worth writing home about and he could get a gig in Victoria and at GC before the likelihood of him getting picked at either WA Clubs.

I don't get it either. Sure going home would have its appeals, but he has the rest of his life to live in Perth once he retires. He's not a Judd or a Wanganeen or will step into any side. If he went to the GC or Melbourne he would get a game almost every week. One of the WA clubs will sign him up but he won't get too many games early on.

I don't get it either. Sure going home would have its appeals, but he has the rest of his life to live in Perth once he retires. He's not a Judd or a Wanganeen or will step into any side. If he went to the GC or Melbourne he would get a game almost every week. One of the WA clubs will sign him up but he won't get too many games early on.
“He has no issues with the Adelaide football club, but he has a very serious personal reason that has prompted his decision not to seek a new contract with the Crows."

Settle down guys. You never know whats going on in his personal life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eagles should take him. i think that they need a designated back up for cox. natanui can be the 2nd ruckman who could easily develop into kpf or even on the ball. he'll definately play a bit of wafl, but he'll be cheap in terms of contract and trade value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonny Griffin leaving Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back