Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It either will or they're waiting to see if they can squeeze some extra value out of barging in on a trade for Lobb. There will be a back pocket trade option right now that both agree on for 22 but, to be honest GWS owes us a solid for the Cameron trade. Got them the pieces they needed for Collingwoods 1st plus players, and drew down their cap preventing any fire sales.
GWS owe you jack s**t.

Geelong are complete knobs about players they want to keep

This has made my day. Just Beautiful. 😂 absolutely rent free in your head for years. Let it go. Stop looking for excuses. Kelly is out of shape and content now. Like the majority of the 800k plus players at the Weagles.

Down to splitting hairs for Clark but if Wells says no to your offer of #24/25 then you can guarantee it won’t happen. Take it to the bank. He hasn’t said that yet so let’s just wait and see. Unlike most of the usual clubs that absolutely get firm trying to win trade week and get a head on a stick for their deprived fan base, Geelong just get things done.

We've already done well to get it down to 22 from 27 after the cries from WA that 27 was already overs. May as well see what else we can wring out before pulling the trigger.
Wells to go into Draft Day mode and give Bell the ‘we live in a different world than we did 30 seconds ago’

Then demand picks from Freo… all of them. Time to give them the West Coast treatment :laughv1:

Geelong are complete knobs.
efa

if its true that they told freo they'd do pick 22 if they could get it an are now reneging, thats pretty bad. you can't burn trust like that, and that sort of reputation gets around the clubs. it will make clubs think twice about doing other deals to allow for a trade with geelong in future.

efa

if its true that they told freo they'd do pick 22 if they could get it an are now reneging, thats pretty bad. you can't burn trust like that, and that sort of reputation gets around the clubs. it will make clubs think twice about doing other deals to allow for a trade with geelong in future.
Honestly how much credibility would you give that rumour?

It'd be more likely they've agreed to 22 in principle but are waiting to see if anything falls in the lap of either party that makes it a better trade for both. There's heaps of time left for the conditions to be changed and they seem to have a back pocket agreed trade if it doesn't.

The trade is done. They just just won't put the paperwork through until they know it's the best trade available

Honestly how much credibility would you give that rumour?

It'd be more likely they've agreed to 22 in principle but are waiting to see if anything falls in the lap of either party that makes it a better trade for both. There's heaps of time left for the conditions to be changed and they seem to have a back pocket agreed trade if it doesn't.

The trade is done. They just just won't put the paperwork through until they know it's the best trade available

I agree, there's a lot of excitement over media comments that should really be taken with a serious grain of salt.
Having said that, 22 is significant overs so it is getting a little ridiculous.

efa

That is why i doubt it is actually true.
Sounds like something Sam Manure would feed Snitch Leary via Barrett the Rabbit.

Injury prone mid for Pick 19 or 22?! We have enough of those. Better to use pick 19 or 22 to draft Mitch Knevitt from the Geelong Falcons. 194cm inside bull, top 2 for 2km time trial - sounds like Fyfe!

I'm inclined to think Pick 22 is fair value.

Pick 19 - I would think Freo would rather use this at the draft than get Clark.

Pick 27 is probably garbage in this draft lets be honest. Clark is probably worth more than that, despite being banished to VFL he's got more upside than a total unknown at pick 27 (~or 30 odd after bids?).

So the trade is probably agreed in principle around pick 22 with some further discussions needed on some secondary swaps in 3rd or 4th round to balance it up (whichever side thinks they need a balance up).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury prone mid for Pick 19 or 22?! We have enough of those. Better to use pick 19 or 22 to draft Mitch Knevitt from the Geelong Falcons. 194cm inside bull, top 2 for 2km time trial - sounds like Fyfe!
yes you should then we can trade him back for a first rd pick in 4 years time

I love it when Freo get all chippy and start talking big about the next Fyfe they will be acquiring at either of their rolled gold picks #21 or #24/25 which is what they have.

Until they look at the reality of last 10 years drafting at that range. You’re definitely a forgiving and resilient bunch I’ll give you that 😎

I'm inclined to think Pick 22 is fair value.

Pick 19 - I would think Freo would rather use this at the draft than get Clark.

Pick 27 is probably garbage in this draft lets be honest. Clark is probably worth more than that, despite being banished to VFL he's got more upside than a total unknown at pick 27 (~or 30 odd after bids?).

So the trade is probably agreed in principle around pick 22 with some further discussions needed on some secondary swaps in 3rd or 4th round to balance it up (whichever side thinks they need a balance up).

Part of the issue there is freo dont really have any later picks to do swaps with (they traded them all out) which is why 19 will end up having to be involved even if geelong need to send a later pick along with clark. I cant see it getting done without 19 involved.

I love it when Freo get all chippy and start talking big about the next Fyfe they will be acquiring at either of their rolled gold picks #21 or #24/25 which is what they have.

Until they look at the reality of last 10 years drafting at that range. You’re definitely a forgiving and resilient bunch I’ll give you that 😎
In the jungle they must wait until their picks are 6 and 8.

Thinking they'll yell jumanji in this draft

Part of the issue there is freo dont really have any later picks to do swaps with (they traded them all out) which is why 19 will end up having to be involved even if geelong need to send a later pick along with clark. I cant see it getting done without 19 involved.

Freo seem fairly active in the trade period.
Lobb for one seems almost a certainty to move to GWS.

So they're not without their options to get more picks to add a sweetner for the Cats.

Freo have initially asked for Sam Taylor for Rory Lobb. 😂

I’m outraged, disgusted, horrified. Freo are pack of knobs, Pri$ks. Walk away now Giants. Walk away.

Am I doing this right??

2010 - Luke Parker Pick 40
2011 - Elliot Yeo Pick 30 Brad Hill Pick 33 Tom Mitchell Pick 21
2012 - Nothing worth any note
2013 - Zach Merrett 26,
2014 - jack Steele 24, Touk Miller 29,
2015 - Josh Dunkley 25,
2016 - Shai Bolton 29, Sean Darcy 38
2017 - Tim Kelly 24, Sam Taylor 29 Oscar Allan 21

Haven't done 2018 onwards as a lot of those players are still developing.

So yes there is some talent around those picks.... picking them is another thing though as there is a lot of average footballers.

Also... how bad is the 2012 draft. The fallaway after 18 is horrendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back