Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 27 was never enough for a contracted player but 22 is fair for a kid that's played what under 15 games in 2 years? His clearly not in Geelongs best and wasn't even sighted in the 23 team finals line-ups.
Not sure what the hold up is.
Just trying to see if there's assets that could be brought to a Lobb trade I assume. The trade sounds like its agreed. People just taking the opportunity to slander each other now

What’s going on with this one?? From the silence it sounds like geelong has said 19 or come back next year basically??

surely everyone is happy with that. Geelong keep a player they don’t want to shop, and freo get to keep their prized picks.

now it’s just a wait and see if Clark has a breakout season and costs next years first, or if he fizzles and costs a low pick

What’s going on with this one?? From the silence it sounds like geelong has said 19 or come back next year basically??

surely everyone is happy with that. Geelong keep a player they don’t want to shop, and freo get to keep their prized picks.

now it’s just a wait and see if Clark has a breakout season and costs next years first, or if he fizzles and costs a low pick
Or... Freo have tabled pick 22 because they and Clark and his management were told that's what would get the trade done. In the meantime, we've gone about our business and aquired pick 19 and Wells has shifted the goal posts requesting that pick, all while Clark has himself started moving his stuff back to Perth and put his car on a train back to WA.

The deadline gets closer, Clark and his management publicly come out speaking out against Geelong and they either accept 22 or keep a disgruntled player on their list another 12 months, who Scarlett ruined and has also walked from the club.

Good work :thumbsu:

Bigger things going on for both clubs.
We have Lobb out and unknown in. You have Ceglar and Fort to facilitate.
Given there's been no media noise, think both sides are pretty happy, and will look at this once the air clears

Western Australian clubs really know how to fxxk with heads of their home grown talent. Promise them a long contracts, but go missing when they have to step up for a trade. Funny lot over in the west.

I wish Fremantle went missing just a little more often than they do, got a long history of staying in trades they should have walked away from. Maybe we can make this one a new leaf.

I wish Fremantle went missing just a little more often than they do, got a long history of staying in trades they should have walked away from. Maybe we can make this one a new leaf.

True. For what it’s worth if 22 was the only viable pick we probably would take it but with 19 also available to be traded it’s reasonable to expect we’d request it for a contracted player who was a former first round pick offered a 4 year deal. Freo, to my mind, are being petulant. If Clark was uncontracted, completely different story.

Western Australian clubs really know how to fxxk with heads of their home grown talent. Promise them a long contracts, but go missing when they have to step up for a trade. Funny lot over in the west.

Did I fall asleep for a week and miss the end of trade week or are you just playing the man?

True. For what it’s worth if 22 was the only viable pick we probably would take it but with 19 also available to be traded it’s reasonable to expect we’d request it for a contracted player who was a former first round pick offered a 4 year deal. Freo, to my mind, are being petulant. If Clark was uncontracted, completely different story.

19 has extra value being the first pick of night two and Fremantle have already moved from 27 to 22 for a guy that's played 14 games in the last two years. It'd be just as easy to claim that it's Geelong being petulant but more likely both clubs are simply focused elsewhere today and the deal will be signed off by Wednesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 has extra value being the first pick of night two and Fremantle have already moved from 27 to 22 for a guy that's played 14 games in the last two years. It'd be just as easy to claim that it's Geelong being petulant but more likely both clubs are simply focused elsewhere today and the deal will be signed off by Wednesday.

A deal will be done I’m sure. It will either be 19 with something back your way in a pick swap or 22 with the pick swap coming our way. You really wonder why it takes to the last hour to get this shit done.

I love it when Freo get all chippy and start talking big about the next Fyfe they will be acquiring at either of their rolled gold picks #21 or #24/25 which is what they have.

Until they look at the reality of last 10 years drafting at that range. You’re definitely a forgiving and resilient bunch I’ll give you that 😎

Next Fyfe? I saw one tongue in cheek comment.

And it's not just about who we might pick. Good chance we might trade 19(21) on the second day. The difference in value between 19(21) and 22(24) is much more significant than just 3 picks. In the realm of a late second rounder. That's the sort of price that has been paid when the 1st round is done, and clubs come back the next day and someone really wants to be first cab off the rank (e.g. Brisbane with Robertson).

If Geelong accepted 24, to get our 21 on draft day they would have to give us 24 back, plus one of their picks in the 30's. They know this perfectly well, and are trying to get that premium without paying for it, otherwise it would put Clark's value in the mid 40's.

No it isn't reasonable.

Beg to differ. He’s contracted. You’ve offered him a long deal. It’s not that fxxking hard. And now leave the kid hanging…
You gave a verbal undertaking that 22 would be sufficient to get the trade done, then you went back on your word. It' grubby and unethical. I don't personally find that reasonable negotiation.

You gave a verbal undertaking that 22 would be sufficient to get the trade done, then you went back on your word. It' grubby and unethical. I don't personally find that reasonable negotiation.

There is literally no evidence of this. It's just hyperbole and is completely based on word vomit from Sam Edmund.

Yes we may be interested in 19, but that also doesn't change the fact that you guys got both 19 and 22 in on the proviso that it was for your own list management decisions, and not just to satisfy us in a trade for Clark.

That's actually from your staff, rather than from Edmund - who can barely tie his shoes in the morning.

There’s been no confirmation of that. You had 19 before 22 so it doesn’t even make sense from a chronological point of view. We asked for 19 when you’d received it with the Brodie trade. And then you embarked on a further trade later on. Furthermore at the outset we initially said that it would take a late first round pick to get a deal done.

Didn't Clark decide against putting in the trade request last year because he was offered more gametime this year? In terms of broken promises to Clark Freo isn't the villain.

Not sure where you got that from? He had 2 years left on his contract. Would be highly unusual to request a trade mid contract as a young player particularly.

It's the same as the Cameron trade last year. If the buying club has it, the selling club is going to want it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back