Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess he's staying then, you'd have to be borderline brain damaged to think Jordan Clark of all people is worth pick 19 or pick 22+ a sweetener. Pick 27 was plenty worth it which was honestly overs in itself. Just walk away at this point.

Lol the hilarity in you calling your own list management team 'borderline braindead' - given it's widely reported that they'll be happy to give up 22 for Clark.

Wow, a bit harsh...

As your fellow Geelong supporters recognise, it's the first pick on day 2 of the draft and I believe it's even more valuable this year. There's concencus that only around 55 kids will get picked up this year and given the lack of games, clubs will be clamouring to pick up the first call of a slider outside of the first round.

Brisbane paid a second rounder for a two spot upgrade to get Robertson. One of your supporters even said it could be traded for a future first rounder on draft night.

Given the choice, i'd be giving 22 + Carlton's F3 every day of the week. Pick 19 still might get us a trade for a couple pick downgrade and a future pick, which we've traded out of the second, third and fourth rounds of.
I totally agree. I mean we could definitely offer you 22 and a future 3rd on the night 😎

Happy to walk away from this trade now. Take 6,8,19 and 22 to the draft
Agree with this but, unfortunately, I cant see Freo doing that. The club has a propensity for overpaying. I am getting deja vu with this Clark trade. Having flashbacks to McCarthy, Hogan and Lobb. Club should have walked away when Cats knocked back 27.

As I said in another thread, Freos drafting has been good but their trading has been poor. If not for a couple of windfalls from GCS it would be very sorry reading indeed.

As I said in another thread, Freos drafting has been good but their trading has been poor. If not for a couple of windfalls from GCS it would be very sorry reading indeed.
Gee wizz the analysis of your drafting btw 20 and 40 in the last decade has been almost leagues worst. You have had 1 hit in 15 goes. Bigfooty list managers could nail pointy end picks.

Why are we doing this to each other? Park it until next Wednesday.

Geelong's earliest pick is 30 and they want something as close to the first round as possible which is totally understandable considering the age profile of their list.

We see more value in 19. If something happens great, if it doesn't move in. Sadly, the collateral damage is Jordan.

Next year.

Geelong's earliest pick is 30 and they want something as close to the first round as possible which is totally understandable considering the age profile of their list.

We see more value in 19. If something happens great, if it doesn't move in. Sadly, the collateral damage is Jordan.

Next year.

A very measured comment and exactly the state of play - kudos :)

Next year.

Agreed...especially the last para.

Agreed...especially the last para.
Without going on the Cats board where I'll likely get triggered by the 1 poster with an outlandish demand, are there many Cats supporters who just want him gone now he so obviously wants out? We have the odd poster ready to fire Lobb out of a cannon, and he has two years left rather than 1

Lol the hilarity in you calling your own list management team 'borderline braindead' - given it's widely reported that they'll be happy to give up 22 for Clark.

Wow, a bit harsh...

Not really. I don't believe he's worth 22.

I don't believe he's worth a 4 year contract.

Our list management team have rocks in their head doing this shit with contracted players. We're so off bringing in other clubs players it isn't funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to walk away from this trade now. Take 6,8,19 and 22 to the draft

All this tooing and froing has been going on long enough, I’m tired of it. Geelong really want to keep him (value him highly ? ), so let him see out his contract.

We will know this time next year whether Clark is as good as some are painting him. Just someone give him a go, play him, so we can all get a better gauge of his worth.

Clark = Splinter Bum.

Not really. I don't believe he's worth 22.

I don't believe he's worth a 4 year contract.

Our list management team have rocks in their head doing this sh*t with contracted players. We're so off bringing in other clubs players it isn't funny.

With all due respect, your opinion means less than zero when it comes to what the actual Freo and Geelong footy club's value Clark at.

The original statement was 'you'd have to be borderline braindead to think he was worth any more than 27'...which is why I pointed out that he must think your list management team is borderline braindead - because they think that.

Has nothing to do with mine, his, yours or anyone else's personal opinion.

I'm personally happy with 22 and no sweetener, but then again, I'm over it all, lol. I know we're just waiting 'til the deadline to see if there's anything else we can squeeze out, but the deal is already likely done in principle if the reports are true that his stuff and his car is already on its way home.

All we can do now is wait 'til next Wednesday and see what happens in that last few hours before the deadline - which is when it will all likely go through.

With all due respect, your opinion means less than zero when it comes to what the actual Freo and Geelong footy club's value Clark at.

No shit Sherlock. Not sure if you realised we're on a footy discussion forum. Not sure how you got to there from my post.

The original statement was 'you'd have to be borderline braindead to think he was worth any more than 27'...which is why I pointed out that he must think your list management team is borderline braindead - because they think that.

Has nothing to do with mine, his, yours or anyone else's personal opinion.

I'm personally happy with 22 and no sweetener, but then again, I'm over it all, lol. I know we're just waiting 'til the deadline to see if there's anything else we can squeeze out, but the deal is already likely done in principle if the reports are true that his stuff and his car is already on its way home.

All we can do now is wait 'til next Wednesday and see what happens in that last few hours before the deadline - which is when it will all likely go through.

Cool. Good chat. Would have again.

Ashcroft is Vic Metro kid. Not guaranteed to nominate Brisbane

I guess it's never guaranteed that a player will nominate a club until they do. He only moved to Victoria in 2018 (when Marcus took up a role in the AFL which he no longer does), was in Queensland prior to that. Think there's another Ashcroft for the 2023 draft too.

All indications, including the "ITKs" on our board, that he is very excited about playing for Brisbane and will nominate there.

That being said, we can worry about getting points for him next year. We don't need to trade out our current firsts for points, especially when we said we're keen to take picks in the top 20 because we haven't done so for a few years.

Interestingly, pick 18 could end up a valuable pick too as it slides out to pick 20 and becomes the last pick that you can take some of the NGA players before their clubs can match bids. If someone was particularly keen to move up a few spots to take someone like an Owens/Windhager if they rated them highly enough, it could have some value.

Last edited:
No sh*t Sherlock. Not sure if you realised we're on a footy discussion forum. Not sure how you got to there from my post.

Cool. Good chat. Would have again.

Lol. It was more to point out that you were inserting yourself into something by stating your own opinion, when I was stating that this was Freo's opinion...in response to another poster stating that you'd have to be 'braindead' to make that trade.

Hence why your opinion didn't matter in that context. Not sure why that upsets you so much, but you do you.

Why would Fremantle use 22 and Carlton's future third this year when he will cost Carlton's 3rd next year as an uncontracted player?

Is having Clark 1 year earlier worth pick 22 in this draft?

Without going on the Cats board where I'll likely get triggered by the 1 poster with an outlandish demand, are there many Cats supporters who just want him gone now he so obviously wants out? We have the odd poster ready to fire Lobb out of a cannon, and he has two years left rather than 1

Some want him gone because they only want to keep players who want to be here but others want to keep him because they think we can change that and they recognise he is the type of player we need. Personally i reckon it will get done for 22 + F3 and both teams supporters will be unhappy with that for various reasons.

27 and 2 F3s is overs no matter how you look at it, Freo would have said this to the Cats and we are probably looking at something in the middle

22 and F3 for Clark and something

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

Back