Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely..thats why we struck a deal for the dogs pick 17 and sydney turned it down. Then they moved on and engineered a deal for melbournes 1st round 2022 and put that on the table - rejected. Its almost like the crows have not tried and sydney have done all the heavy lifting to get a deal done :drunk:

Reminder pick 17 with a swap of picks in your favour.

Just because north capitulated doesn’t mean adelaide should too. Cerra is more valuable than Dawson.
These trades all provide context in the current trade period. Even if Cerra is more valuable than Dawson the disparity is not pick 4 equivalent > pick 17 because Dawson is currently the better player and there is only 2 years age difference and perceived position importance between them. The contracts offered are also very similar, despite good midfielders usually earning more anyway. So the disparity in pick value should be minimal say pick 7-8 > then add a few picks more discount for your "bargaining position" (which apparently didn't apply to both North and Freo) and you have a reasonable trade for something around the value of pick 10-12. Sorted. Why is this unreasonable to demand?

If Dawson was contracted what would crows fans give for him hypothetically?

As a Swans fan indeed I would be more than happy to give pick 4 for Dawson knowing his importance to our team and scope for further improvement.

Absolutely..thats why we struck a deal for the dogs pick 17 and sydney turned it down. Then they moved on and engineered a deal for melbournes 1st round 2022 and put that on the table - rejected. Its almost like the crows have not tried and sydney have done all the heavy lifting to get a deal done :drunk:

I would argue that Adelaide were not trying to appease us, rather using it to position themselves to try and snag pick 1 and use Dawson trade as a smoke screen knowing what we know now. Pure speculation but equally feaaible.

Also both offers had sweeteners back your way. Highly likely our second for your third.

Adelaide fans will continue to hate me but seriously, I would give up pick 4 (6) for Dawson and 12 (14) every day of the week. IF pick 4 (6) turns out as good as Dawson you'd be ok with that but you get an extra pick in a range where it's incredibly even.

Seems like a no-brainer to me and I reckon if you asked every draft watcher on BF, they would say the same. That's an easy trade to make IMO and I'm not even taking into account he fact pick 6 seems to be completely bogus for whatever reason

Normally I would say yes but when Adelaide can get him for free in the PSD why would they do that?

If Sydney were offered Pick 17 and some later pick swaps they should have taken it.

Normally I would say yes but when Adelaide can get him for free in the PSD why would they do that?

If Sydney were offered Pick 17 and some later pick swaps they should have taken it.
This trade period alone has shown there can always be reasons why.
Why did North trade for CCJ when they had pick 1 LOL?
Why did Carlton not threaten the same shit for a cheaper deal than pick 4 equivalent for Cerra? Could've used the same reasoning as crows fans saying they will do the old front load the contract for 1mil+ to avoid other clubs picking him up.

I would argue that Adelaide were not trying to appease us, rather using it to position themselves to try and snag pick 1 and use Dawson trade as a smoke screen knowing what we know now. Pure speculation but equally feaaible.

Also both offers had sweeteners back your way. Highly likely our second for your third.
Link..iirc it was sydneys way

Why did Carlton not threaten the same sh*t for a cheaper deal than pick 4 equivalent for Cerra? Could've used the same reasoning as crows fans saying they will do the old front load the contract for 1mil+ to avoid other clubs picking him up.

Maybe there is bad blood from the tippet trade still? Who knows

It's a sh*t position to be in, but that's not Adelaide's problem.

Dawson has no contract with Sydney and has chosen to leave.

People are claiming Adelaide are the bad guys for not paying up for an uncontracted player. Why should they?
Actually I’ve only heard the opposite. Every single media person believes a fair and reasonable deal has been offered. For once the media isn’t portraying us as the bad guy…..actually feels kinda weird

Why did Carlton not threaten the same sh*t for a cheaper deal than pick 4 equivalent for Cerra? Could've used the same reasoning as crows fans saying they will do the old front load the contract for 1mil+ to avoid other clubs picking him up.

Because the Crows have the $$$ to frontload his contract while North and the Pies do not. Some may call is draft manipulation or unethical by sometimes you need to use your leverage when its there.

Given this thread it seems like swans fans think Dawson is their best player... why not pay as your best and he wouldn't leave....

Salary cap. Not sure there would be too many other players on more right now.

Franklin obviously. Parker on 700Kish but that includes captains bonus. Heeney is rumoured to be on 800Kish about now which I think is massive overs, but he's been hampered by injuries which has limited his expected trajectory. Such is life.

Mills might be on similar cash?

Point is, our offer puts him in the very top bracket given our current salary constraints.

Because the Crows have the $$$ to frontload his contract while North and the Pies do not. Some may call is draft manipulation or unethical by sometimes you need to use your leverage when its there.
North would have as much or more capspace then anyone else in the league at the moment. The PSD doesnt get used for players like this (and in a general) for a reason. If whoever is drafted at 6 this year is better than 7-8 years of Dawson AND whoever is drafted at 14 I'll be absolutely stunned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the contract offered is $1.0m year 1 then $600 x2 and $400 x 2. Crows should pay a fair price as the PSD option runs the risk of clubs not trading with them in the future if they do it too often. I would have thought Melbourne's 2022 first was fair given he is out of contract. Who knows, Melbourne may have injuries to key players in 2022 and/or premiership hangover and drop down the ladder?

How do you know how much $ North have got, what about Gold Coast who might be pissed you're about to raid them next year? The way a lot crows fans act and think they know what is going on behind the scenes if North fans acted the same and represented their club's thoughts, then it would make me think the only reason North traded for CCJ was to keep that PSD #1 open for the only logical situation that looks possible to benefit from which = Dawson to PSD.

A Carlton fan said Cerra didn't want to do that frontload thing because Cerra wanted Freo to get full value for what he is worth. Maybe Dawson will be the same or maybe the crows hope he is a more grubby, unloyal person? Who knows.

Last edited:
North would have as much or more capspace then anyone else in the league at the moment. The PSD doesnt get used for players like this (and in a general) for a reason. If whoever is drafted at 6 this year is better than 7-8 years of Dawson AND whoever is drafted at 14 I'll be absolutely stunned

Quite likely we have more cap space this offseason than North, or at least, have more of a gap between the amount we've spent and the 95% floor.

After all, I think with Dawson, we just scrape having 10 players who are above 50 games on our list as a crude measure of how many options would take up cap space.

How do you know how much $ North have got, what about Gold Coast who might be pissed you're about to raid them next year? The way a lot crows fans act and think they know what is going on behind the scenes if North fans acted the same and represented their club's thoughts, then it would make me think the only reason North traded for CCJ was to keep that PSD #1 open for the only logical situation that looks possible to benefit from which = Dawson to PSD.

It would make little sense to make a new recruit effectively your highest paid player who doesnt want to be there in the first place.

I maybe cynical but I find it hard to believe players really care how their former clubs are compensated, particularly if a reasonable offer was put on the table to start with.

Quite likely we have more cap space this offseason than North, or at least, have more of a gap between the amount we've spent and the 95% floor.

After all, I think with Dawson, we just scrape having 10 players who are above 50 games on our list as a crude measure of how many options would take up cap space.
That's irrelevant really, money is not stopping North taking someone in the PSD which is the main point. If you have more capspace its like saying Jeff Bezos has more money than Bill Gates

It would make little sense to make a new recruit effectively your highest paid player who doesnt want to be there in the first place.

I maybe cynical but I find it hard to believe players really care how their former clubs are compensated, particularly if a reasonable offer was put on the table to start with.
Depends on the person. A lot truly don't but some do.

It's so obvious that Adelaide can walk Dawson to the PSD without any risk of something going wrong and them missing out on him altogether. Why are they still trying to reach a deal with Sydney? Do they not realise they can get him for free?!?

They need to read more Big Footy.

I understand the contract offered is $1.0m year 1 then $600 x2 and $400 x 2. Crows should pay a fair price as the PSD option runs the risk of clubs not trading with them in the future if they do it too often. I would have thought Melbourne's 2022 first was fair given he is out of contract. Who knows, Melbourne may have injuries to key players in 2022 and/or premiership hangover and drop down the ladder?
They wont accept anything besides pick 4 so id walk away say gagf go to psd

That's irrelevant really, money is not stopping North taking someone in the PSD which is the main point. If you have more capspace its like saying Jeff Bezos has more money than Bill Gates
So you say north pick him up he sgns a 1year deal front loaded then same time next year he says see ya im out that makes sense 🤣🤣

If Dawson was contracted what would crows fans give for him hypothetically?

As a Swans fan indeed I would be more than happy to give pick 4 for Dawson knowing his importance to our team and scope for further improvement.

If contracted, I'd say value was around pick 8-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

Back