Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested JDG is currently in the US training, looks in pretty good shape in some of the footage on his instagram stories. Interesting that he has managed to get out of the country, I guess the new border rules make it a lot easier to get back.

For anyone interested JDG is currently in the US training, looks in pretty good shape in some of the footage on his instagram stories. Interesting that he has managed to get out of the country, I guess the new border rules make it a lot easier to get back.
Is he anywhere near Vegas?

This in the HUN it says,
Gruelling USA workouts reveal new De Goey

Jordan De Goey’s physical condition has come under fire in recent pre-seasons. But the Mapies star is already hard at work across the other side of the world.

Its behind paywall, so I dont know what it says. Any ideas?
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscr...amic-hot-control-score&V21spcbehaviour=append

Last edited:
Jordan De Goey isn’t resting on his laurels after a blistering second half of the 2021 season.
The 25-year-old Collingwood star is working hard in his off-season at The W Training Facility in California, an athlete-focused gym owned by Johnny Louch, as part of his Monster Energy partnership.

Vision from Louch’s Instagram account shows De Goey completing resistance training, box jumps and balance drills with battle ropes during a testing workout.

His physical condition after returning from previous off-season breaks has come under fire, with the Herald Sun reporting early last year that it played a role in his relationship fracturing with then-agent Ben Niall.

[PLAYERCARD]Jordan De Goey[/PLAYERCARD] with Johnny Louch in the United States.

Jordan De Goey with Johnny Louch in the United States.
De Goey hard at work. Picture: @johnnylouch on Instagram

De Goey hard at work. Picture: @johnnylouch on Instagram
Picture: @johnnylouch

Picture: @johnnylouch

But De Goey appears to be in career-best shape as he looks to build on a strong football year.

His transformation into effectively a full-time midfielder coincided with him averaging 29 disposals, five inside 50s and four clearances across his last nine matches of the season.

De Goey finished fourth in the Copeland Trophy behind club champion Jack Crisp, in what was best individual campaign since being short-listed for the All-Australian team after kicking 48 goals in 2018.

He is one of three high-profile Magpie free agents next season, along with Darcy Moore and Brayden Maynard, who will be top re-signing priorities for football boss Graham Wright.

Last edited:
Contract time. Chasing the final big 3-4 year contract of his career before he hits 30.

Of the 3 RFAs... I’d much rather lose De Goey than Moore or Maynard.

He’d likely get a 4 year deal on 700-800k netting us a decent compensation pick in a draft that supposedly has a couple of very good KPF options... or the additional pick to be used when/if attempting to lure Ben King back to Victoria

Leadership group.. pleeeease!

Players vote right?

If I was the Fly.. I'd call him in to my office and ask him if he thought he was good enough to be in the leadership group.. if he said.. oohh I dunno and that re.. I'd say.. look re.. I think you are.. now get the **** out.

Contract time. Chasing the final big 3-4 year contract of his career before he hits 30.

He’d likely get a 4 year deal on 700-800k netting us a decent compensation pick in a draft that supposedly has a couple of very good KPF options... or the additional pick to be used when/if attempting to lure Ben King back to Victoria

Who was the last 25 year old to get an 800k contract despite never having an AA or good BnF result?

Nah, I’m hoping GW locks him away for 4-5 years. Confident he can become our version of Petracca/Dusty. 25-29 yo players hit their peak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I’m hoping GW locks him away for 4-5 years. Confident he can become our version of Petracca/Dusty. 25-29 yo players hit their peak.

I think he’s shown he can turn it on for months at a time at his best... but goes missing for months at a time too.

Turning up to preseason overweight, switching off during games... Motivation can be a problem for him.

Moore and Maynard excel nearly every week. Moore and Maynard are future leaders... De Goey will chase the $$$ and will possibly get lethargic again after the new contract or get in to more trouble at some point.

So of the 3... if one was to go, he’s the most expendable one imo.

I think he’ll have a good 2022. And the suitors will come knocking with attractive deals.

And i actually think given his inconsistency and the stage of the rebuild, that letting him go... rather than getting into a bidding war to retain him... can open up other beneficial possibilities

If he has a great season he can easily our greatest weakness to a potential strength.

Anyone else quite bullish about our season next year? Think he are much more likely to be in that 8-11 range rather than bottom 4.

Makes me wonder if we should trade our future 1st for a 1st this year, since apparently next year's draft is KPP heavy in terms of quantity but not really in terms of quality. Seems like it will be mostly midfielders featuring the top 5 picks next year.

If he has a great season he can easily our greatest weakness to a potential strength.

Anyone else quite bullish about our season next year? Think he are much more likely to be in that 8-11 range rather than bottom 4.

Makes me wonder if we should trade our future 1st for a 1st this year, since apparently next year's draft is KPP heavy in terms of quantity but not really in terms of quality. Seems like it will be mostly midfielders featuring the top 5 picks next year.
I think we're much likely to finish in the 10-14 range than 14-18

I’m happy with quite a few KPPs to get a look at for next year. They’re underexposed as of now, and some will rise while others fall.

Naughton was the first KPP taken in the 2017 ND at #9 (!) and he worked out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back