Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he stays at Collingwood. Probably just trying to up the offer from pies. Interesting that there’s plenty of smoke around Treloar being pushed out. JDG will possibly have a few more $ available to him.
If Trelaor is pushed out it may moderately be to help tie up JDG & Mihochek I think club must have their eye on someone that they know is gettable.

Reckon he stays at Collingwood. Probably just trying to up the offer from pies. Interesting that there’s plenty of smoke around Treloar being pushed out. JDG will possibly have a few more $ available to him.
I really don’t think that we’d be pushing out Treloar just to give Jordy a few extra $$. As far as I can see our offer to him isn’t about whether we have cap room, it’s about what he’s actually worth. We seem to have stood our ground on his value and there are no other clubs around this time who want to make an offer that would artificially inflate his worth by the looks of it.

If Trelaor is pushed out it may moderately be to help tie up JDG & Mihochek I think club must have their eye on someone that they know is gettable.
and if that someone is a forward, JDG gets his midfield minutes. We need to change up that midfield mix. As good as JDG is forward, he's got plenty to offer in the midfield.

and if that someone is a forward, JDG gets his midfield minutes. We need to change up that midfield mix. As good as JDG is forward, he's got plenty to offer in the midfield.
Yes, JDG's next evolution is to become a topshelf midfielder, so if he stays he needs to have a massive preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the glimpses what he has produced so far in his career has been below expectations , Has been touted the next 'Dusty' for the last 5 years but never playing at the top level consistently for extended period.
2 years at $500k is his value on what he has produced and if he thinks he is worth more - Bye

Its pretty much what Richmond did with Dusty prior to his last contract before free agency , From what i remember i think it was $450k x 3/3 years he signed in the period he toured the GWS facility

What happened to that idea that players take less so they can build a better playing list... that seems to be out the door at the moment.
And yes I’m aware my club has plenty of players pushing for the best deal possible.

Its kind of interesting how far he has has fallen. Still clearly a good player, but it just feels like when he was up for grabs a couple of years ago clubs were fallen over trying to chat to him. Now its just basically crickets. I guess the trade season hasnt actually started yet and thats why, but still.

JDG is more Stringer than Dustin Martin. In fact, Stringer had a better career than JDG at the same age with off-field issues.

I don't know how his value is above 700K per year, nor do I believe he is worth two firsts.
He's only worth it on potential, hopefully he stays and on reasonable coin, buckles down and delivers on his potential. He's no Dusty but he has talent.

Apart from the glimpses what he has produced so far in his career has been below expectations , Has been touted the next 'Dusty' for the last 5 years but never playing at the top level consistently for extended period.
2 years at $500k is his value on what he has produced and if he thinks he is worth more - Bye

Its pretty much what Richmond did with Dusty prior to his last contract before free agency , From what i remember i think it was $450k x 3/3 years he signed in the period he toured the GWS facility
....and Dusty hasn't looked back and has it all now, individual success, money and the ultimate team success. He will be loved by Richmond fans for ever.

....and Dusty hasn't looked back and has it all now, individual success, money and the ultimate team success. He will be loved by Richmond fans for ever.
He certainly will and i imagine not just Richmond fans either

Personally i think De Goey is doing himself a disservice by going through this contract crap so often, It would be in his best interest to just sign a 7 year deal for $5 mil and concentrate on football as he will never be a $1 million a year player. sure it may be slight unders than what he would get at another club but i would highly doubt he wants to leave Pies anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back