Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

He certainly will and i imagine not just Richmond fans either

Personally i think De Goey is doing himself a disservice by going through this contract crap so often, It would be in his best interest to just sign a 7 year deal for $5 mil and concentrate on football as he will never be a $1 million a year player. sure it may be slight unders than what he would get at another club but i would highly doubt he wants to leave Pies anyway
Hopefully a bit of an eye opener for him, may be a million dollar player at North..lol.

there are two people I know who think the trade is reasonable. Degoey and his manager. and one of them is too soft to leave melbourne

I don't believe it, but I don't think the trade is too bad? Maybe not the pick, a straight swap would be interesting. De Goey is also a few years younger.

As unlikely as this would be to happen replace pick 30 with Jarrod Cameron and
I’d be like where do we sign!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As unlikely as this would be to happen replace pick 30 with Jarrod Cameron and
I’d be like where do we sign!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So Yeo + Cameron for De Goey?
Yeah nah, you would be hard pressed trying to get a straight swap between the two let alone getting us to add in extras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade week Tom Browne saying JDG dad telling clubs his staying. 2 years and gets him to FA.
Well that was quick, another "ITK" (In the Know) piece of information proven to be absolute BS.

Makes the delusional carlton supporters in the Oliver thread look pretty funny now. But then again, who knows it might happen, it's just very entertaining to see blues supporters putting so much faith.

Ohhhh m8 I would do filthy things to get Elliot Yeo to Collingwood

Ohhhh m8 I would do filthy things to get Elliot Yeo to Collingwood

Change your supported club to Essendon?

What happened to that idea that players take less so they can build a better playing list... that seems to be out the door at the moment.
And yes I’m aware my club has plenty of players pushing for the best deal possible.

Cotchin and Riewoldt apparently took a combined 400k or so less to get Lynch in. Selwood too. Helps when you know you're going to get looked after long term though post career.

I'm so disappointed we couldn't get Dusty over the line. I'm OK about Gaff and Heeney - they are good but their contract offers from us were inflated.

I'm stoked about missing De Goey. Imagine paying him a million a year for 3 good games, a court case hanging over his head, mercenary courting at every contract year all the while promising he'd be really good if he played midfield but also wanting the stardom of being the full forward.

He is not Martin's arseh*le. He's a solid 600k match winner and I think the Pies would be pinching themselves that he's coming out of contract at a time a lot of other clubs will be risk averse - no real stupid offers coming De Goeys way that would entice him to actually leave, so his price doesn't get artificially driven up.

I'd have him for the price the Pies have him for but pick 2 and a million a year is not worth it. Same goes with Carlton not being interested. Greedy. Better do 2 Dusty/Danger/Bont/Fyfe mid-forward years if he wants to command 1 mil plus a year come free agency. And if he wants that the Pies should kick him out the door.

I'm so disappointed we couldn't get Dusty over the line. I'm OK about Gaff and Heeney - they are good but their contract offers from us were inflated.

I'm stoked about missing De Goey. Imagine paying him a million a year for 3 good games, a court case hanging over his head, mercenary courting at every contract year all the while promising he'd be really good if he played midfield but also wanting the stardom of being the full forward.

He is not Martin's arseh*le. He's a solid 600k match winner and I think the Pies would be pinching themselves that he's coming out of contract at a time a lot of other clubs will be risk averse - no real stupid offers coming De Goeys way that would entice him to actually leave, so his price doesn't get artificially driven up.

I'd have him for the price the Pies have him for but pick 2 and a million a year is not worth it. Same goes with Carlton not being interested. Greedy. Better do 2 Dusty/Danger/Bont/Fyfe mid-forward years if he wants to command 1 mil plus a year come free agency. And if he wants that the Pies should kick him out the door.
That’s the spirit. All that rejection and your still positive

I watched the 2018 Grand Final again and there's no doubt he has similar attributes to Dustin Martin, but on a lesser scale.

Like Dusty you don't need many possessions to have a big influence and people really need to stop judging players on their possession count.

I watched the 2018 Grand Final again and there's no doubt he has similar attributes to Dustin Martin, but on a lesser scale.

Like Dusty you don't need many possessions to have a big influence and people really need to stop judging players on their possession count.
Dusty has averaged 20 disposals in every single season he has played, De Goey has never averaged 20.

If you judge De Goey off his 2020 season his name shouldn’t be in the same sentence as Dusty’s

As a Collingwood supporter, I’m astounded you’d put yourself through that for a second time, unless you’re some kind of masochist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back