Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is it seemed to be positioning more than workrate.

Outcoached. They had a plan how to pick us apart and we weren't able to adjust.

I don't think iq on the wing helped. He's not smart enough. We no longer own the wings. They're just pulling straight back into defensive 50.

Pace plays a part as well as positioning.

When you tease the opposition to kick you need to be close enough to make it or have the pace to do so if you misjudge slightly.

Atm we are miles off regularly. We have looked slow across the ground too often this year vs last.

Just struggled to get going at any point this year id say its probably his poorest season ever for the black and white.

Hopefully they shut him down for the rest of the year and he can come back fresher and fitter than ever for big 2025 because shit we are going to need him.

Just struggled to get going at any point this year id say its probably his poorest season ever for the black and white.

Hopefully they shut him down for the rest of the year and he can come back fresher and fitter than ever for big 2025 because shit we are going to need him.
He won’t want to miss Pendles’ 400th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It came as Collingwood coach Craig McRae said Jordan De Goey’s season was likely over after he suffered a suspected high-grade hamstring tear during the third quarter.

“I would’ve thought that’s going to be difficult for him to play in the short to medium term,” McRae said.

“I’ve just been told it’s high grade and it’s obviously not great for him.”

Pies set for season-ending De Goey blow as Carlton sweat on Curnow scans

Well that sucks.

It came as Collingwood coach Craig McRae said Jordan De Goey’s season was likely over after he suffered a suspected high-grade hamstring tear during the third quarter.

“I would’ve thought that’s going to be difficult for him to play in the short to medium term,” McRae said.

“I’ve just been told it’s high grade and it’s obviously not great for him.”

Pies set for season-ending De Goey blow as Carlton sweat on Curnow scans

Well that sucks.
It's so disappointing because he reminded us just how dangerous he is and what a huge impact he has on our team even when hampered by injury. Oh well- put him on ice and get him ready for another premiership tilt in 2025.

All good comments.....but were is our next Jorden De Goey going to come from? He will be 29 next year. I recall when Buckley had hamstring issues......you never ge rid of them for long. It finished his career,
I thought the same about Treloar, thought his body was done. But he's flying. Fingers crossed for jordy

Many players go thru this - it is a tough game - rest him bring him back fully fit next year
I agree, Jordy is done for the year. Great opportunity to refresh and come back ready to have a great season next year.

All good comments.....but were is our next Jorden De Goey going to come from? He will be 29 next year. I recall when Buckley had hamstring issues......you never ge rid of them for long. It finished his career,

Fatalistic post.

1. Show me other teams that have a JdG in waiting. WC aside, there are not many of them. Where's Melbourne's next Petracca? Carlton's next Cripps?
2. Hammies can be career-ending but not all cases are the same. Bucks tore his off the bone. We don't know any details about Jordy's injury yet.

Fatalistic post.

1. Show me other teams that have a JdG in waiting. WC aside, there are not many of them. Where's Melbourne's next Petracca? Carlton's next Cripps?
2. Hammies can be career-ending but not all cases are the same. Bucks tore his off the bone. We don't know any details about Jordy's injury yet.

Freeman did a hamstring tendon injury in his first practice match and never had the same explosiveness. Hopefully its just a regular tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back