Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

No luck?

We were playing him injured.

Luck had nothing to do with it. We managed him poorly.

What did they think it would happen if they kept playing him while he was clearly hampered?
You need to stop pretending you know what you’re talking about.

You don’t.

No luck?

What did they think it would happen if they kept playing him while he was clearly hampered?
I trust their judgement. They thought he could be managed obviously, either that or they thought let’s see if we can damage something else, we don’t really need him.

No luck?

To be fair every single year we hear that most players are playing with some type of niggling injury which is being managed at this time of year.

No luck?

What do you do when the player says "I want to play" (and passes a fitness test) knowing that even at 70% he's better than most?

Please keep in mind that the side's final chances whilst slim, are alive plus he wanted to be there for Pendles.

How would you manage him better?

Last edited:
When you play someone completely underdone with dodgy groins this is what happens. Not a luck thing.

Now we have to pray he fully recovers from a hamstring tendon injury, which is very difficult
Yeah ok not a luck thing but if he put his hand up to play and passed a fitness test then it is what it is. Hopefully get him cherry ripe for a big pre season

When you play someone completely underdone with dodgy groins this is what happens. Not a luck thing.

Now we have to pray he fully recovers from a hamstring tendon injury, which is very difficult
Isn't it the most common injury for AFL footballers?

If so, plenty do seem to recover fully.

Treloar is a perfect example.

It's not like he doesn't have plenty of time to get it right.

Have you ever managed or led a team of say 20 plus people that has specific and conflicting objectives, genuine question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No luck?

I reckon you should start managing our high performance program. Or maybe performative art?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not saying Jordy has OP, but back when it seemed to be a scourge, did the players with OP cop a lot of other injuries. I don't remember it.

Isn't it the most common injury for AFL footballers?

If so, plenty do seem to recover fully.

Treloar is a perfect example.

It's not like he doesn't have plenty of time to get it right.

No, tearing your hamstring tendon is not the most common injury...

How do you know Treloar fully recovered? Because he's playing good footy? If he lost say 2-3% of his top speed, how would you know?

No, tearing your hamstring tendon is not the most common injury...

How do you know Treloar fully recovered? Because he's playing good footy? If he lost say 2-3% of his top speed, how would you know?
Okay. Jordy's doomed then. May as well retire. 🙄

Always count on you for the absolute worst case scenario.

Treloar's playing arguably the best footy in his career. That's what I see.

Not saying Jordy has OP, but back when it seemed to be a scourge, did the players with OP cop a lot of other injuries. I don't remember it.

OP on its own would not increase your risk of a hamstring injury.

The deconditioning that occurs from reduced training loads, would. Especially so in a kicking sport that mandates repeat sprint efforts. It happened late in the game which suggests tired, weak muscles. That's a hammie strain risk factor.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. This is not my field of study.

Last edited:
The incident seemed to be very minor. You wouldn't have thought such could make him do a high hamstring with tendon damage.
But suppose, as the commentators said, coming off injury, he may not have had the training loads required -- I can say he didn't, he barely trained during the week.
And then being such a power player, his body overcompendated in one area of the body to another.

Suppose was bound to happen

2018…Moore and Elliott flew to Germany after recurring hamstring injuries. Elliot’s was the worst.

“Elliott was sent for surgery on his right hamstring in August 2018 after he failed to get through his second successive VFL comeback in July, ending his season without an AFL match.”

Treloar had BOTH hamstrings badly torn with us. I thought good trade because he will never comeback from that. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hopefully the boys still have the German doctor on speed dial.

De Goey will be fine. Better to fix everything now and have this recovery time. He will be fine for 2025.

Oh by the way those fellas Elliott and Moore haven’t done too bad since

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back