Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

The incident seemed to be very minor. You wouldn't have thought such could make him do a high hamstring with tendon damage.
But suppose, as the commentators said, coming off injury, he may not have had the training loads required -- I can say he didn't, he barely trained during the week.
And then being such a power player, his body overcompendated in one area of the body to another.

Suppose was bound to happen

Not sure what you think was minor about that? He was accelerating from what was almost a touch toes pose. Thatā€™s an excellent way to load high in the hamstring.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are you trying to say? The club only has 1 objective, winning the premiership.

I think Jordy was rushed back to play in Pendles 400 and it's backfired, badly.
I think he was passed fit to play. He suffered a separate injury.

The incident seemed to be very minor. You wouldn't have thought such could make him do a high hamstring with tendon damage.
But suppose, as the commentators said, coming off injury, he may not have had the training loads required -- I can say he didn't, he barely trained during the week.
And then being such a power player, his body overcompendated in one area of the body to another.

Suppose was bound to happen

He gets pushed (heavily) in the back by Sam Walsh just as heā€™s bending down to reach for the ball, causing extra loading through his glute/hamstring

Did you Google that?

I think he was passed fit to play. He suffered a separate injury.
Why is it so hard to accept, (or allow) another opinion?
In commentary Selwood said because of his condition he might not have been able to do the training loads.

PS: I just watched it again and itā€™s yet another tendon injury caused by a push from one of their players, (Walsh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018ā€¦Moore and Elliott flew to Germany after recurring hamstring injuries. Elliotā€™s was the worst.

ā€œElliott was sent for surgery on his right hamstring in August 2018 after he failed to get through his second successive VFL comeback in July, ending his season without an AFL match.ā€

Treloar had BOTH hamstrings badly torn with us. I thought good trade because he will never comeback from that. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Hopefully the boys still have the German doctor on speed dial.

De Goey will be fine. Better to fix everything now and have this recovery time. He will be fine for 2025.

Oh by the way those fellas Elliott and Moore havenā€™t done too bad since

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Those two. Overrated and lucky to get a game. On the delist list

In commentary Selwood said because of his condition he might not have been able to do the training loads.

PS: I just watched it again and itā€™s yet another tendon injury caused by a push from one of their players, (Walsh).
Are you asking me if I allow other opinions?

But you're right, Joel would have said "might not have "

It's the certainty and blame when things go wrong about things you can't be certain of that triggers responses.

Last edited:
Whatever were the reasons for Jordy's injury, I'm gutted both for him and the team šŸ˜Ÿ Even if by some miracle we make the eight, we won't get far without Jordy.
Still, I reckon he will always feel grateful to have played in Pendles' 400th, despite the rotten run of injuries he has had of late. I just hope he won't head to the bars to recuperate. It's a looong off season for him.
We have not been blessed by the footy gods this season, except for Saturday night. Thankfully they showed up for a minute or so right at the end. šŸ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back