Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

All true.

Doesnt mean Im not allowed to hold a grudge.

I’m a petty fellow like that.

And the thread title constantly triggers said grudge.
All you need to do is recognise that people can change their minds over the course of a few months, in a Covid impacted season, and then there's no reason to hold a grudge.

This is the new Tom Mitchell thread.

Some players are willing to forego extra money, leave further away from family, all to maximize their chances of experiencing premiership success.

Others have other priorities. Dawson is getting paid handsomely to captain a club in his home state and win games against Port Adelaide. And that’s enough for him.

In the meantime, we have a core group of players who are keen to stick together for years to come to hopefully build a premiership team and have only improved since Dawson left back in 2021.

Some players are willing to forego extra money, leave further away from family, all to maximize their chances of experiencing premiership success.

Others have other priorities. Dawson is getting paid handsomely to captain a club in his home state and win games against Port Adelaide. And that’s enough for him.

In the meantime, we have a core group of players who are keen to stick together for years to come to hopefully build a premiership team and have only improved since Dawson left back in 2021.
Oh yes, forgot about that one. Very good comparison.

Port has Sack Hinkley, we have the Dawson thread.

Every club needs a thread to rally around.

It’s like when you tell your young kids “if you ever get lost, I’ll meet you here”.

If Bigfooty posters get lost, they just meet here.

We really shouldn’t have traded him. Got nothing out of it. Poor effort. Should have put a better offer for him.

Imagine if he still played for us.
If he still played for us he wouldn’t have planned his September holidays in June.

Great player disappointing he left but that’s the way it works.

I think KB's explanation was probably pretty spot on. They're looking for a house in Sydney, and choosing between various 3 BR unrenovated semis without car-parking on the fringes of town; the same $ in Adelaide buys him a 5BR McMansion with swimming pool, car parking for 15, and a 9 hole pitch & putt golf course.

But no need for COLA of course...

I think KB's explanation was probably pretty spot on. They're looking for a house in Sydney, and choosing between various 3 BR unrenovated semis without car-parking on the fringes of town; the same $ in Adelaide buys him a 5BR McMansion with swimming pool, car parking for 15, and a 9 hole pitch & putt golf course.

It's almost like he didn't know he could buy property in a different state

It's almost like he didn't know he could buy property in a different state
Wouldn't have been the main reason. Family was. Pretty good reason tbh. Then made the choice to play for his childhood club (ugh).

We need ways to mitigate the go home factor, i.e. academies, sometimes money isn't going to be the main reason.

Not sure I could ever begrudge someone wanting to be closer to family, even if it sucked for us (and I moved away from home at 18 for study/work, didn't return).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KB should have cottoned on……

I think it's Taylor who wouldn't have been brought in. More specifically, who ever has the higher contract of Adams and Jordan
Jordon is an excellent get. He's a long-term player, potentially in a number of roles with good level skills and fitness. Fits the core player group beautifully and might be 10 years with us.
Adams was literally a last minute "would you like fries with that" opportunity and we couldn't help ourselves. Horse was looking for experience and he filled that requirement. If we knew then what we know now we may well have said "thanks but no thanks". Sliding doors moment.
Seriously doubt $ had any influence.

James Jordan wouldn’t have been traded in. Shame to not have Dawson and Liz on opposing half back flanks
And with that reply, you just explained why he left us. By moving to Crows, he became an elite mid, captain and the heart and soul of the team. Had a great 2023, not so much this year (chronic injury) but I'm backing him to bounce back next year.

And with that reply, you just explained why he left us. By moving to Crows, he became an elite mid, captain and the heart and soul of the team. Had a great 2023, not so much this year (chronic injury) but I'm backing him to bounce back next year.
Doubt very much that that was the reason he left:
1) He'd just spent the last half season on the wing.
2) His partner wanted back to SA and both sets of parents were pushing too.
3) The Crows were encouraging him like crazy but remember he started on the HBF with them.
4) His contract $ would buy a lot more in Adelaide.
The rest is true enough.

Jordon is an excellent get. He's a long-term player, potentially in a number of roles with good level skills and fitness. Fits the core player group beautifully and might be 10 years with us.
Adams was literally a last minute "would you like fries with that" opportunity and we couldn't help ourselves. Horse was looking for experience and he filled that requirement. If we knew then what we know now we may well have said "thanks but no thanks". Sliding doors moment.
Seriously doubt $ had any influence.

Fully agree on both points/players.

I'm not sure we need much hindsight. Adams was a complete luxury purchase we didn't need. Knowing Heeney was going to the middle and having Jordon available always meant Adams was going to compete with Parker and block Sheldrick. It's bad list management in my mind and the money could have been better spent

I'm not sure we need much hindsight. Adams was a complete luxury purchase we didn't need. Knowing Heeney was going to the middle and having Jordon available always meant Adams was going to compete with Parker and block Sheldrick. It's bad list management in my mind and the money could have been better spent
💯
Although I doubt we expected Heeney to be as successful as he has been.

Now I’m the biggest Heeney fan going round - read my posts at start of season where I declared him the best player lol, but only JHWF optimism could have predicted the year he’s having.

I saw Adams and Grundy as Longmire going all in to try and win a flag. Didn’t know what we’d get but was happy with our mindset to take a punt.

Might surprise us in finals, don’t give up on him yet. If he doesn’t perform in the QF he probably gets dropped.

More friendly observations from JHWF.

Doubt very much that that was the reason he left:
1) He'd just spent the last half season on the wing.
2) His partner wanted back to SA and both sets of parents were pushing too.
3) The Crows were encouraging him like crazy but remember he started on the HBF with them.
4) His contract $ would buy a lot more in Adelaide.
The rest is true enough.
I don't think anyone leaves a club for one reason alone and agree with all your points.

However, I think we never viewed him as an inside player and saw him as a wing / HBF / HFF, as reflected in how much we ultimately traded him for. To be fair to the club, I don't think many would've predicted how good he'd be as an inside mid or captain for that matter. He has shown a degree of hardness and leadership that he never really exhibited with us. Good luck to him and well played by the Crows. I hold no hard feelings at all and enjoy watching him play.

I don't think anyone leaves a club for one reason alone and agree with all your points.

However, I think we never viewed him as an inside player and saw him as a wing / HBF / HFF, as reflected in how much we ultimately traded him for. To be fair to the club, I don't think many would've predicted how good he'd be as an inside mid or captain for that matter. He has shown a degree of hardness and leadership that he never really exhibited with us. Good luck to him and well played by the Crows. I hold no hard feelings at all and enjoy watching him play.
I agree with most of what you said, but **** the Crows. They can go eat a giant bag of dicks. We all knew what he was worth and they bent us over massively. I hope they miss the 8 every year he is on their list.

Josh Rachelle shows a bit of personality, goes on radio and jokes that the Port supporters have very few teeth.

Kicks a goal in the showdown and taunts the Port crowd in his celebration.

Crows drop Rachelle after they lose.

Jordan Dawson goes out in front of the media and says riling up the Port fans ‘unnecessarily’ doesn’t help us win.

Crows board absolutely roasting him for that take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back