Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson going in part got us better anyway, and we were able to be strategic with our signings especially Grundy and JJ
Life Of Brian GIF by Monty Python

You never regret a decision that prioritises family.

I suspect you are right that he was intending to re-sign and then that made things real for his partner and they had to seriously evaluate what they wanted in life.
I imagine that any decision that splits two "loves" leaves you with some regrets but in the greater scheme of things the balance is right.
It was lovely to see the support Will got from Victoria for his 150th. Right behind him I would say. Nice.

This, plus his aerial ability, speed, power and kicking ability. I think he was better playing off wing/hb. Doesn't mean that's where he prefers to play though.
He always wanted to play in the mids but for mine, in a stronger team (like us), he offered best value between the arcs. His height and boot don't count as much in the middle. I think the year he and McInerney interchanged between wing and HBF was probably the best year for both of them.

The brutal reality for Dawson could be that no team is going to win a premiership with Dawson as their best player in the guts. He is good, but perhaps he is not that good.

I think Sydney thought this, hence playing him on the wing (and I’d argue playing him more to his strengths for overall team performance).
I disagree. He's not playing as well this year (I think he has a chronic foot injury?) but the Dawson of 2023 was superb as an inside player.

I disagree. He's not playing as well this year (I think he has a chronic foot injury?) but the Dawson of 2023 was superb as an inside player.
I’m a harsh marker on the lead inside mid (I said that I didn’t think swans would win a premiership with Parker as our lead inside mid a couple of years back - pre 2022 GF).

The reality is that most players don’t win a premiership and much fewer still as the lead mid for their team.

If Jordan does win a premiership as the lead inside mid, it will make him an absolute freak of a player - as I am pretty sure he would have been the best wingman in the comp if he stayed with the swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's probably thinking that living in the same city as GotTheGoodes is punishment enough.
Well when GotTheGoodes spends every second week down at Adelaide Oval for the sole purpose of hurling personal abuse at Dawson, I’m not surprised. He’s lucky he has dodged a stalking order for so long.

I'm with you. Looks right at home with the Crows. Nothing to base this on but I just get the feeling he was never one of the boys at Sydney whereas he's the king in Adelaide.

He probably still has mates here, but he is captain of a club with a decade ahead of him, will get a shot at it no doubt.

Sucks he left us but i'm sure he is happy with his choices.

Well when GotTheGoodes spends every second week down at Adelaide Oval for the sole purpose of hurling personal abuse at Dawson, I’m not surprised. He’s lucky he has dodged a stalking order for so long.
Or has he?

Hope Judas is seeing all the re-signings & sadly pondering what might have been.
A strange post DQ.

He's at home with family, friends and payed very very well. He's almost certainly still has friends within the team.

Players leave. It happens.

A strange post DQ.

He's at home with family, friends and payed very very well. He's almost certainly still has friends within the team.

Players leave. It happens.
All true.

Doesnt mean Im not allowed to hold a grudge.

I’m a petty fellow like that.

And the thread title constantly triggers said grudge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back