Josh Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW

News coming through is that the Saints have offered their Brendon Goddard compensation pick (13), pick 24 and pick 34 for Gold Coast pair Josh Caddy and Tom Hickey.

Gold Coast have reportedly knocked back the deal.

WOW

News coming through is that the Saints have offered their Brendon Goddard compensation pick (13), pick 24 and pick 34 for Gold Coast pair Josh Caddy and Tom Hickey.

GC wont use 24 and 34. We wont know what Saints will get for Goddard yet. So it would be Caddy and Hickey for a possible pick 13.

So help me **** I hate trade month.

It's not as bad as the Laidley years at least.

Heres how I envisage handling this year if he was still there

"I think Bastinac and Ziebell are on the table and we are just waiting to see what we can get"

Trades done so far:
Round 4 pick for Eric Mackenzie
Round 3 pick for Clinton Young

As for Free Agency Jordan Russell, Steven Salopek and Brett Thornton would all be in blue and white stripes as we speak

It's not as bad as the Laidley years at least.

Heres how I envisage handling this year if he was still there

"I think Bastinac and Ziebell are on the table and we are just waiting to see what we can get"

Trades done so far:
Round 4 pick for Eric Mackenzie
Round 3 pick for Clinton Young

As for Free Agency Jordan Russell, Steven Salopek and Brett Thornton would all be in blue and white stripes as we speak

So bang on.

Laidley emerges from trade talks late on second day, pouncing from behind a startled Donald McDonald to delcare:

"We have put Todd Goldstein on the trade table."

GC wont use 24 and 34. We wont know what Saints will get for Goddard yet. So it would be Caddy and Hickey for a possible pick 13.

They have to use any picks traded to them. So 24 and 34 would definitely not be attractive.

So bang on.

Laidley emerges from trade talks late on second day, pouncing from behind a startled Donald McDonald to delcare:

"We have put Todd Goldstein on the trade table."

Laidley and free agency. The mind boggles.

Dean-Laidley-5596074.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW

That's hilarious on two fronts.

WOW

This seems so unlikely...

(1) I don't see why the Saints would even think they'd want that, and they'd give up all bargaining power with Mitch Brown.
(2) They don't have pick 13 to offer...
(3) No source?
(4) They've come out and stated that our most important target is a KPB - and we'd lose all hope of getting one, even one in the draft, as we'd have no pick until the 40s or something.

I'm calling bullish*t

Barrett just slagged us off big time lol.

He just believes in being aggressive in trade week = good things. I recall him loving Crazy Vossy and believing he did great that year.

I am curious... I wonder what Carlton would want for swapping first round picks.

Tell us more please.

Essentially said we were sitting on our hands when trade week started and we are now finding it difficult to have meaningful conversations with other clubs.

Said that we beleive that we will get Caddy but that Geelong must be in front and that we are behind.

had a crack about us not having Lachie stitched up into trade week and that he is being shopped around (by his manager)

had a crack about too many similar player (edwards/milky/mckinley) on the list and only 1 will stay.

I couldn't disagree with anything he said.

Most of it was speculation.

How could you agree to us not being in the Caddy race? If Geelong wanted him and GC want the compo pick why hasn't it been done yet? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Unless he is part of the conversations how would he know how meaningful they are.

sounded a bit sour grapesish to me.

I only caught a little bit of it where he was saying we were "miles" behind Geelong with Caddy because they have the compensation pick. Must have been more to it. Not our fault we don't have the better draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back