Recommitted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is some criticism of Dodoro, but the defence of his trading this year and last is strident, and it's not one or two isolated examples.

Again, refer previous comments about Dodoro not valuing his own deal as enough.
There is pleeenty of criticism for Dodoro regarding Daniher. Many believed we should have traded Daniher last year instead of holding onto him. Plenty of criticism for the Shiel trade. Most Essendon fans also believed he unnecessarily made the Fantasia trade complicated.

I don’t have any problems with his conduct regarding the Dunkley trade though except for the length it took to come up with his offer. The final offer of pick 8 and a future second is more than enough. The 3-way trade for Treloar and Dunkley was also enough. Bulldogs just weren’t interested which is fair enough.

You’re misinterpreting Dodoro’s statement. Saying he wouldn’t do the deal if he was Bulldogs doesn’t mean he believes that’s what Dunkley is worth. It means he understands why Bulldogs didn’t trade Dunkley and would do the same for a player like him. A classic case of a player being worth more to a club than the open market considering Dunkley only has 3 quarters of one season last year to even justify a first rounder. There’s a reason why we targeted Dunkley over an Oliver type because he should realistically be cheaper than Oliver. Someone that’s pushed out of the midfield loses value.

Don’t think Dodoro or anyone expected the price to be 2 top 10 picks, which is what a contracted Oliver costs. We offered as high as we could and moved on from it. No issues there. All of Essendon, Bulldogs and Dunkley parted in an amicable way.

Ok so clearly it’s just about not getting the mid time that he wants, and not having to second ruck. He’s just unlucky that he’s competing with 3/4 of the better mids in the comp for that inside mid position. His flexibility has probably hurt him in the end
There have been a nunber of different figures quoted in the media, and then there is the drafting of his brother who he is very close with.

Still suspect he stays

Ok so clearly it’s just about not getting the mid time that he wants, and not having to second ruck. He’s just unlucky that he’s competing with 3/4 of the better mids in the comp for that inside mid position. His flexibility has probably hurt him in the end
Only if you believe those $650k figures. I’ve also seen $800k in the media and also a very well connected poster suggesting it’s closer to $900k.

Neither of them will deny it because Pickering is the one who leaked news of the Bombers' offer to Browne. He hinted that there was some interest on their side and let the AFL media run with it to drive up Dunkley's perceived value. In reality it was Pickering who had some interest in the offer (juicy commission), not Dunkley. He instructed Dunkley to remain silent while the AFL media perpetuate the story that Dunkley is gettable, with the hopes that some more big money offers will come in; offers which provide Pickering more leverage for Dunkley's next contract extension. Unfortunately for them the AFL media have now stretched the story as far as they can before treading into dangerous territory with regard to fabrication.

We shall see I guess

What I don't understand is why people are making such a strong connection between how much we are offering Dunkley and what Essendon would need to give up in a trade. If Dunkley still wanted to join Essendon on only 2x$400,000 is he suddenly only worth 1 first rounder or less? If Essendon convinced Bont to leave at $900,000 would he then have the same value as what the dogs want for Dunkley? The answer to both of those is no. The trade value comes from how much worth he has to the team he is leaving not how much the other team is willing to pay. Which for Dunkley will still be a fair bit, he is a very good player worth a lot to the Dogs.

If we want to offer him big money then we should pony up for him.

Pretty simple.

Can confirm the offer is worth $1.1mill a season over 19 months

(Essendon smartly realised we don’t need any players from September onwards most years, and half the list usually goes in for surgery and are back “for a full preseason” post-Christmas - so have decided not to pay him for those few months.)

Dodoro has done it again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So because I had nothing better to do (silly me), and got a bit jack of this type of claim:

Just stop it.

There was this, which values AMT at a first rounder in next years draft. Laughably bad for us.

There was this, nowhere near a claim we're trying to take your first rounder also.

There was this asking for a theoretical pick 6 & 7 to see if we could get pick 2. Not really a trade I can see Essendon doing even if they were desperate, but it's not THAT far out of the realms of possibility if other picks went back your way.

So please stop posting sh*t like this...

Any ridiculous trade suggestion regarding Merrett and extras, or more than two first rounders HAS NOT been introduced to the thread by any Bulldogs poster. I couldn't even find any that were truly horrendous from an Essendon viewpoint.

If you would please indulge us as to where these are en masse that you seem to be claiming, I'll happily admit I was wrong.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking me to prove but here; This is a bulldogs poster on your board........ whilst it isn't specifically in this thread, it clearly shows the absolute tripe that is being discussed on big footy.

1603924581545.png

Merrett + a First rounder for Dunkley.

L o ****ing L

You wouldn't even get Merrett for Dunkley in a direct swap, even if Dunkley had 6 years left on his contract.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking me to prove but here; This is a bulldogs poster on your board........ whilst it isn't specifically in this thread, it clearly shows the absolute tripe that is being discussed on big footy.

View attachment 997713

Merrett + a First rounder for Dunkley.

L o ******* L

You wouldn't even get Merrett for Dunkley in a direct swap.

Most dogs supporters don’t really care about hypothetical trades no offence. Yes some are ridiculous but the reality is - we are the ones with our feet up at present.

Most dogs supporters don’t really care about hypothetical trades no offence. Yes some are ridiculous but the reality is - we are the ones with our feet up at present.

I'm aware the dogs are in the box seat, cant dispute that. But Merrett + A 1st rounder? Please....

You asked me to prove it and I did. That's all.

No doubt there's also some dumb shit being suggested by Essendon fans too mind you.

I'm aware the dogs are in the box seat, cant dispute that. But Merrett + A 1st rounder? Please....

You asked me to prove it and I did. That's all.

No doubt there's also some dumb sh*t being suggested by Essendon fans too mind you.

Haha mate you just have to ignore it. Merrett and a first isn’t happening. Merrett has officially told the world he’s staying put. Any hypotheticals with him in it, you may as well skip.

Haha mate you just have to ignore it. Merrett and a first isn’t happening. Merrett has officially told the world he’s staying put. Any hypotheticals with him in it, you may as well skip.

i cant ignore it.

stupidity must be called out!

For the first time since the mid 1950s we're actually ok for tall forwards - JUH will get to us this year and he can develop while Bruce/Naughton take the big defenders. Ideally we'd pick up a ruck so English can rest forward as well (he looked better forward than Bruce did this year).

We do desperately need a quality KPD, Keath did ok but is better suited to the no 2 role (free him up so he can intercept more) and Cordy is hit or miss as a 1 KPD.
Except Bruce is an absolute Lemon with a capital L.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Dunkley [OOC 2022, requested a trade to Essendon, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back