Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Interesting, pretty surprised about that but tbf your situation is fairly different, they’d be killing their current and future drafts on 1 gun kid and an older decent forward pocket. It’s not really comparable to bringing in a pick 1, and a gun mid in his prime and on top of that another first round kid.

But who knows with the AFL lottery, in that case F1, F2 & 21 gets it done, I really don’t think that’s much to ask considering where the picks likely land, both teams would walk away happy - I’d suspect Brisbane happier than us as we haven’t managed to get a top 10 pick for a player we really should be.

In that situation we’d probably prefer you to upgrade 21 for us with the F2 so we never touch it and Freo can’t ask for it. We’d get our two late first rounders we’ve asked for and would use 30 & 39 to get Lobb done, and you’d have all your players whilst only losing a future 1st. Would be a terrific trade period for you so let’s be honest youd be stupid to not get that done, and we’ve made it clear we’ll accept that.

Any talk of a single F1 or F1 & 21 with picks back is bullshit

I personally think it'll land as pick 21 and F1 +/- some inconsequential pick swaps.

I would like to see Lions trade up 21 with a club into the first round now they have the draft points. Maybe with Sydney for 1 of their firsts or their future first if they have academy players coming next year?

21 + F2 for 17 or F1

Some updates from the Herald Sun. Suns not entertaining a play for Dunkley. 21 + future first seemingly considered a fair offer by most respected recruiters.

SUNS OUT OF DUNKS RACE

Josh Dunkley’s manager said on Saturday that “he wants to move to Queensland” — but you can rule out Gold Coast Suns attempting to swoop on the reigning best-and-fairest winner as the standoff between Western Bulldogs and Brisbane Lions threatens to test Wednesday’s 7.30pm trade deadline.

Former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson once attempted a raid when trade talks between St Kilda and Essendon broke down over Jake Carlisle. Clarkson arrived unannounced at Carlisle’s Florida hotel but he turned down the Hawks’ offer and was eventually traded to the Saints. But the Suns are not interested in stepping in, leaving the Dogs three days to broker a fair trade or send Dunkley to the draft.

For what it’s worth, respected recruiters reckon a fair price is probably a first-round pick and a second-round pick. The Lions do still have No. 21 (second-round) and their 2023 first-rounder.

No club would like receiving nothing, but I guess they won't give them away for something insignificant either.

Plenty of time to find some middle ground.
I'm certain a middle ground will be found, just don't understand the idea behind refusing a trade. If you let him go to the PSD that would be giving him away for something less than insignificant.

Some updates from the Herald Sun. Suns not entertaining a play for Dunkley. 21 + future first seemingly considered a fair offer by most respected recruiters.

SUNS OUT OF DUNKS RACE

Josh Dunkley’s manager said on Saturday that “he wants to move to Queensland” — but you can rule out Gold Coast Suns attempting to swoop on the reigning best-and-fairest winner as the standoff between Western Bulldogs and Brisbane Lions threatens to test Wednesday’s 7.30pm trade deadline.

Former Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson once attempted a raid when trade talks between St Kilda and Essendon broke down over Jake Carlisle. Clarkson arrived unannounced at Carlisle’s Florida hotel but he turned down the Hawks’ offer and was eventually traded to the Saints. But the Suns are not interested in stepping in, leaving the Dogs three days to broker a fair trade or send Dunkley to the draft.

For what it’s worth, respected recruiters reckon a fair price is probably a first-round pick and a second-round pick. The Lions do still have No. 21 (second-round) and their 2023 first-rounder.
It's a worse trade offer than what Richmond did for Taranto and Dunkley is a better player.

SUNS OUT OF DUNKS RACE

Oh geez, well now that respected recruiter 1 & respected recruiter 2 have put their reputation on the line with these ‘probably’ calls I can’t see how we don’t accept 😂

Brisbane have to actually offer this first, F1 & 21 has come a longggg way from the value of roughly pick 25 you offered up front hAsnt it, maybe that offer was a bit insulting then, as we’ve mentioned, what a surprise

I'm certain a middle ground will be found, just don't understand the idea behind refusing a trade. If you let him go to the PSD that would be giving him away for something less than insignificant.
It's for the long term. Dogs have a history of players getting traded for unders or really struggle to get the value they want. Dogs don't want to be like looked as pushovers. Really Pickering and Dunkley should of looked at whether a satisfactory trade could get done with the club before hand. Despite being uncontracted other teams have gotten really close to what they're worth. A F1 being worth 15-18 and 21 for 39 is not a good price. The 2 firsts price are late because they're late firsts. If Lions manage to land pick 10 or 12 then that'll be a good price for him.

I guess we arent refusing a trade, we just aren't happy with the offer.

PSD is just a threat, it won't end up their.

Last edited:
Brisbane have to actually offer this first, F1 & 21 has come a longggg way from the value of roughly pick 25 you offered up front hAsnt it,

Is this your first trade week?

Is this your first trade week?
No but most clubs are respectful enough to not start with trash, and still be on trash a week in.

Put it simply, with Brisbane now having the currency to satisfy us without losing their F/S’s, we’ve made our acceptable offer clear.

If this is not done by Monday morning then Brissy are taking the piss and still trying to **** us, there is literally no reason for it drag on any longer considering the current circumstances. You have what’s required & you don’t need it for other trades/draft, you know what’s needed, get it done and stop ****ing around.

If it was me I’d give you to close of business Monday or id be telling Dunks to find another offer he’s happy with and give us two days to sort out a trade or head to the draft.

It’s really that simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but most clubs are respectful enough to not start with trash, and still be on trash a week in.

Put it simply, with Brisbane now having the currency to satisfy us without losing their F/S’s, we’ve made our acceptable offer clear.

If this is not done by Monday morning then Brissy are taking the piss and still trying to * us, there is literally no reason for it drag on any longer considering the current circumstances. You have what’s required & you don’t need it for other trades/draft, you know what’s needed, get it done and stop ******* around.

If it was me I’d give you to close of business Monday or id be telling Dunks to find another offer he’s happy with and give us two days to sort out a trade or head to the draft.

It’s really that simple

Putting "it's really that simple" at the end doesn't turn subjective interpretations into objective, unassailable fact.

We'll see where things end up but IMO Pick 21 + future first (or the equivalent) has pretty much shaped as the likely outcome for about 4 days now. Enough for both clubs to feel like their team improved their position over the week.

Again, this narrative has played out year after year. We're not in some unprecedented ground here. You aren't the first supporter base to think you got an insulting offer at the outset.

If this is not done by Monday morning then Brissy are taking the piss and still trying to * us, there is literally no reason for it drag on any longer considering the current circumstances. You have what’s required & you don’t need it for other trades/draft, you know what’s needed, get it done and stop ******* around.

It’s really that simple

Giving me 2014 Collingwood vibes with that deadline

It’s really that simple
If it was me I’d give all the potential buyers of my house close of business Monday or I’d be telling my agent to find a better offer so it gives me 2 weeks to sort out settlement, or the house goes to someone for free and I get nothing

It’s really that simple.

If it was me I’d give all the potential buyers of my house close of business Monday or I’d be telling my agent to find a better offer so it gives me 2 weeks to sort out settlement, or the house goes to someone for free and I get nothing

It’s really that simple.
That is such a horrible analogy rofl.

Go have a browse of the Bulldogs board or any other social media if you need to be cured of the idea that anything other than a tiny percentage of Dogs supporters are keen to see him stay. The guy requested a trade to the Bombres and has been out the door for two years and there’s not much attachment to him. It’s why in this unique instance the PSD wouldn’t be a club killer. Fair percentage of supporters are completely off him or don’t care about him going, other than the trade return.
I doubt Dunkley will want to come back, but what you’re saying is simply untrue.
Yes Dunkley might not be liked on social media, but social media doesn’t represent our entire fanbase. Our fanbase as a whole deeply respects Dunkley.

As for “go look at” our BF board. Sure we all love BF, but again it doesn’t represent the majority of any club. In fact it more represents the angry, loud mouthed segments of a club,

A bit of respect to our actual fanbase wouldn’t actually go astray here.

Lol first of all Bartel says the Taranto trade was “two firsties”, which already highlights he is clueless and not worth listening to. Then the other opinion is from failed lib political reporter, massive bulldogs nuffie Mark Stevens who is about as biased as as it gets.

Worth adding that Bartel is GWS’ football director so he’s not going to be saying they got overs for Taranto is he.

SUNS OUT OF DUNKS RACE

The Gold Coast thing gets brought up at exactly this point in every trade negotiation we are involved in by oppo fans when they don’t like reported details of early offers and it never goes anywhere. Rinse and repeat.

I doubt Dunkley will want to come back, but what you’re saying is simply untrue.
Yes Dunkley might not be liked on social media, but social media doesn’t represent our entire fanbase. Our fanbase as a whole deeply respects Dunkley.

As for “go look at” our BF board. Sure we all love BF, but again it doesn’t represent the majority of any club. In fact it more represents the angry, loud mouthed segments of a club,

A bit of respect to our actual fanbase wouldn’t actually go astray here.

I’ve seen your opinions on various things and I’d rather not engage with you, cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back