Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Dunkley is more than welcome to head a lot further west than Footscray.
Nah. If a trade between Brisbane and Western Bulldogs don't work out then I can see Gold Coast coming into the equation. I think that's why Bulldogs are using the media to narrate these PSD threat. GC comes in offer Doggies pick 6 and nab him.

Nah. If a trade between Brisbane and Western Bulldogs don't work out then I can see Gold Coast coming into the equation. I think that's why Bulldogs are using the media to narrate these PSD threat.
More than anything, I think Dunks would be terrified at the prospect of playing for North. The PSD threat may cause him to reevaluate where he's willing to play if Brisbane don't offer what the Dogs want, just to avoid ending up being taken at Pick 1

Does Brisbane have enough list spots to take all the picks they have into the draft?

Of course not. Surely there's rules against stockpiling way more picks than you can use, just for points

Nah. If a trade between Brisbane and Western Bulldogs don't work out then I can see Gold Coast coming into the equation. I think that's why Bulldogs are using the media to narrate these PSD threat. GC comes in offer Doggies pick 6 and nab him.

They're desperately clearing cap even with pick 7 thrown in to prepare for extensions of Rowell, Anderson etc. This may push GC back into cap problems they're trying to get out of. Dogs can dream but GC is likely to pass.

Of course not. Surely there's rules against stockpiling way more picks than you can use, just for points
We'll delist a few more and pick them up later. There are options.

I suspect the Bears will end up giving us what we want. They’re being busy little beavers to make it happen.

It was always going to be somewhere in the middle of both clubs opening positions.

People seem to forget how trade period works every year in the same way women forget what childbirth was like right up to the moment they go into labour again.

There is nothing unique about this trade. We’ve seen it all before. It’s why I just can’t understand all the premature angst. But I guess we’ve seen all that before too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are, but clubs have plenty of loopholes to open up list slots for the draft period

Yep, including live trading on the night between future and current picks.

There are, but clubs have plenty of loopholes to open up list slots for the draft period
Yep, I don't understand why people get worked up about this. It is pretty simple > list spots available = draft selections allowed to be taken to the draft.

What happens on draft night is where the final wriggle room will happen.

Zero chance of GC happening. They didn’t go out of their way to salary cap dump players just to sign Dunkley on $700k+/year on a whim.

The hypocrisy, lol. Bulldogs are chasing Lobb and only want to give up pick 30 for a contracted player who kicked 36 goals, carrying Freo's forwardline.
Bulldogs supporters this off-season. Not our problem your committed to Ashcroft as well, we want two first rounder and we’re not bankrolling Ashcroft by giving you back 30 and 39.

Bulldogs 2020, Sorry Collingwood we’re can’t offer our current and future first for Treloar. However here’s our current first (we will lose in matching JUH anyways) and a future second, but we have to have picks 26, 34 and 42 back though.

Great trading on the Bulldogs behalf, got paid to take Treloar, but let’s not cry foul that were the difficult o es to trade with.

Anyone else just hoping for the chaos of Dunkley going to the PSD? Or even better (and I'm not just saying this as a Swans fan), he somehow finally ends up in Sydney and his father's head explodes

This is where Dunkley should have nominated.. this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does this mean Brisbane are giving th hawks something better than pick 30 for jack Gunston??

Trading anything above the McStay Compensation is counterproductive, or we would have just went through free agency.

Commentary has been the Hawks wanted a third rounder, we now have 3, they’ll get what they want.

Circumstances are different too, contracted vs uncontracted. Hawks rebuilding with Fremantle starting to contend. Gunston 18 months older and a 3rd tall, Lobb genuine Key position size and back up ruck.
Chalk and cheese as a comparison.

Does this mean Brisbane are giving th hawks something better than pick 30 for jack Gunston??

Gunston is uncontracted and a free agent. He could’ve walked for nothing, but instead we’ll throw some steak knives back to Hawthorn so we don’t dilute our McStay compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back