Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Bulldogs supporters this off-season. Not our problem your committed to Ashcroft as well, we want two first rounder and we’re not bankrolling Ashcroft by giving you back 30 and 39.

Bulldogs 2020, Sorry Collingwood we’re can’t offer our current and future first for Treloar. However here’s our current first (we will lose in matching JUH anyways) and a future second, but we have to have picks 26, 34 and 42 back though.

Great trading on the Bulldogs behalf, got paid to take Treloar, but let’s not cry foul that were the difficult o es to trade with.
Very silly comparison.
We want to keep Dunkley.
Collingwood shoved Treloar out the door.

Apples/oranges.

Gunston is uncontracted and a free agent. He could’ve walked for nothing, but instead we’ll throw some steak knives back to Hawthorn so we don’t dilute our McStay compo
Yep happens all the time. We let Roughead go for a token pick, ditto Hawks with Mitchell/Hodge
If Hawks get a 4th for Gunston they should take it and run. They're rebuilding.

Trading anything above the McStay Compensation is counterproductive, or we would have just went through free agency.

Commentary has been the Hawks wanted a third rounder, we now have 3, they’ll get what they want.

Circumstances are different too, contracted vs uncontracted. Hawks rebuilding with Fremantle starting to contend. Gunston 18 months older and a 3rd tall, Lobb genuine Key position size and back up ruck.
Chalk and cheese as a comparison.

Not trying to make a big deal of it🤪
Similar age, similar goal output.. arguing that th dogs are underpaying (draft pick30) doesn’t make a lot of sense if you now have to trade in Gunston for something not dissimilar.

By th way... pretty clever not signing him as a free agent, effecting the McStay compo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I suspect the Bears will end up giving us what we want. They’re being busy little beavers to make it happen.

Lions fans have been repeating this ad nauseum this week…Bulldogs will get a solid and satisfactory (if not spectacular) return…we just don’t rip teams off

All of the theatrics and angst were absolutely unnecessary and more about made-for-media drama 🙄

Last edited:
Gunston is uncontracted and a free agent. He could’ve walked for nothing, but instead we’ll throw some steak knives back to Hawthorn so we don’t dilute our McStay compo

Just a bit of heated banter a few pages back.. IMO dogs are probably on th mark with p30 for Lobb.. has always had big potential, but not quite 🤪

Not trying to make a big deal of it🤪
Similar age, similar goal output.. arguing that th dogs are underpaying (draft pick30) doesn’t make a lot of sense if you now have to trade in Gunston for something not dissimilar.

By th way... pretty clever not signing him as a free agent, effecting the McStay compo

Tell me you get the difference between the cost of prying away a contracted player vs cutting losses on an unneeded contracted player with a good opportunity…

it’s absurd how many times this has been ignored on here this week 🤦‍♂️

Just a bit of heated banter a few pages back.. IMO dogs are probably on th mark with p30 for Lobb.. has always had big potential, but not quite 🤪

^^ facepalm

Contracted players cost overs…uncontracted players generally return unders…

that’s why it’s a good idea to adjust your idea of market value accordingly 🙏

Tell me you get the difference between the cost of prying away a contracted player vs cutting losses on an unneeded contracted player with a good opportunity…

it’s absurd how many times this has been ignored on here this week

Lobb is a salary cap dump. Freo need to move his contract so that they can afford Jackson. $750k is what Lobb is on.

Freo told him that he would be traded to a Melbourne team when the trade didn’t go through last year. Bulldogs are the only team interested, due to his large contract. Freo have known for months that we will only give them a second round pick for Lobb and they were happy with that. Now Freo want an earlier second round pick…. So they want in on this deal. We don’t want that and are exploring alternatives (including trading 30 & 37 for an earlier pick).

The situations are very different. Dunkley had multiple clubs offer him a contract and they ALL knew that they need to trade for him. Lions are going to get the Bulldogs pick 18 & a future first rounder…. So, the trade will go through, even IF they are the worst first round picks they could get.

it’s absurd how many times this has been ignored on here this week 🤦‍♂️

We got Taranto done pretty straightforward because he was contracted, Hopper seems to need a bit more work as he’s contracted 🤷‍♂️

FWIW I think Dunkley should’ve nominated th swans. I’m sure Brisbane will get this trade done, but with th father/sons being so good, it has made th situation really difficult..

We got Taranto done pretty straightforward because he was contracted, Hopper seems to need a bit more work as he’s contracted 🤷‍♂️

FWIW I think Dunkley should’ve nominated th swans. I’m sure Brisbane will get this trade done, but with th father/sons being so good, it has made th situation really difficult..

Sorry Taranto UNcontracted🤪

Lobb is a salary cap dump. Freo need to move his contract so that they can afford Jackson. $750k is what Lobb is on.

Freo told him that he would be traded to a Melbourne team when the trade didn’t go through last year. Bulldogs are the only team interested, due to his large contract. Freo have known for months that we will only give them a second round pick for Lobb and they were happy with that. Now Freo want an earlier second round pick…. So they want in on this deal. We don’t want that and are exploring alternatives (including trading 30 & 37 for an earlier pick).

The situations are very different. Dunkley had multiple clubs offer him a contract and they ALL knew that they need to trade for him. Lions are going to get the Bulldogs pick 18 & a future first rounder…. So, the trade will go through, even IF they are the worst first round picks they could get.

Cool story, bro

It comes down to:

- if Freo blinks, they keep their asset

- if WB blink, they get nothing for an asset

That’s why Dogs could afford to play hardball with Dunkley against Essendon but simply can’t afford to with the Lions…the ‘or else’ is an empty threat 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Dunkley have nominated the swans if he wanted to move to Brisbane for family reasons….

Very silly comparison.
We want to keep Dunkley.
Collingwood shoved Treloar out the door.

Apples/oranges.
Similar players but only difference is your club had the whipping hand, and used every bit of it.

I’m sure Collingwood would have been more dissatisfied then your club is going to be by dealing with us.

Silly comparison because it doesn’t fit the bulldogs victim mentality about losing Dunkley for slight unders.

Yes, contracted players cost more 👏

I also suspect that the transaction with GWS involves some wink wink…let’s see what the other deal with Hopper ends up looking like

Tigers had to overpay and do it early in the process because the other Melbourne-based clubs would come knocking whereas Gold Coast is not Brisbane (think Geelong) and are not in the mix financially anyways

The Dogs will at some point accept the reality of their situation and stop the fan posturing

Last edited:
Yes, uncontracted players cost more

I also suspect that the transaction with GWS involves some wink wink…let’s see what the other deal with Hopper ends up looking like

Tigers had to overpay and do it early in the process because the other Melbourne-based clubs would come knocking whereas Gold Coast is not Brisbane (think Geelong) and are not in the mix financially anyways

The Dogs will at some point accept the reality of their situation and stop the fan posturing

Good post

We all get on BF with a bit of fire, and carry on.. but forget that we’re talking about real people with real life issues. I feel sorry for Dunkley, trying to get away from his club (for whatever reasons) twice.. I hope th lions can get this done, for his sake (he seams like a good egg)

Cool story, bro

It comes down to:

- if Freo blinks, they keep their asset

- if WB blink, they get nothing for an asset

That’s why Dogs could afford to play hardball with Dunkley against Essendon but simply can’t afford to with the Lions…the ‘or else’ is an empty threat 🤷‍♂️
The 'or else' is if the Dogs dig their heels in and let him walk to the PSD. Some may argue its taking a stand as a football club, others would say its stubborn and stupid to not get at least something. Either way Brissy does not gets its target in an area of desperate need. I'll be shocked if it does get to that.

Similar players but only difference is your club had the whipping hand, and used every bit of it.

I’m sure Collingwood would have been more dissatisfied then your club is going to be by dealing with us.

Silly comparison because it doesn’t fit the bulldogs victim mentality about losing Dunkley for slight unders.
Is this the same Collingwood who we openly traded Lipinski over too last year without a fuss?

It’s a silly comparison because it’s a silly comparison. Tim Taranto is the perfect comparison but hypocritically, there’s a few Brisbane fans that refuse to acknowledge it for some bizarre reason.

The 'or else' is if the Dogs dig their heels in and let him walk to the PSD. Some may argue its taking a stand as a football club, others would say its stubborn and stupid to not get at least something. Either way Brissy does not gets its target in an area of desperate need. I'll be shocked if it does get to that.

That is just a longer way of writing: “empty threat”

Is this the same Collingwood who we openly traded Lipinski over too last year without a fuss?

It’s a silly comparison because it’s a silly comparison. Tim Taranto is the perfect comparison but hypocritically, there’s a few Brisbane fans that refuse to acknowledge it for some bizarre reason.

Because brisbane have another bulldogs player who will be an even tougher trade that we need to deal for later in the trade period?

Perfect comparison

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back