Who would you take right now?

• Bontempelli

Votes: 132 42.9%
  • Kelly

Votes: 176 57.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised to see that it's that much in favor for Kelly

If Kelly continues to get media love this year or maybe slightly fail to reach his 2017 standard wait for the turn.

Bontempelli is now apparently overrated and has stagnated because he was AA and best and fairest of the premiers one year and didn’t back it up or do better the next

Hey North, here's an idea: how about developing your own stars instead of trying to steal other clubs'? I know North won it's 70s flags using checkbook recruiting but come on.
Lame.. every club has developed its own “stars” but you can do so much when gc and gws have dominated drafts for 3-4 years we pulled a couple potential stars with late picks but back to your point it’s always good to grab a ready made star is it not?

Of course, he's not going to publicly come out and state that. You don't have any concept of normality whatsoever.

Utter bullshit.

I must have challenged a dozen people on this matter and every single one of them skulked away without delivering.

Produce the post and link where I stated Martin was coming to North! Off you go.
Oh please..you know it's not BS - you and Philly were both named and shamed re, that's why your rep copped a battering...remember? o_O

At least Philly copped his whack and uses an alt account now ;)

Carry on old boy...

Oh please..you know it's not BS - you and Philly were both named and shamed re, that's why your rep copped a battering...remember? o_O

At least Philly copped his whack and uses an alt account now ;)

Carry on old boy...

Link, get it.

If your next response isn't a link or a concession you disappear off my screen.

Delusions of grandeur much mate?

Talk about having tickets on yourself :drunk:

iu

See the club he re-signed at, is it North?

No, but he didn't sign for six years at GWS either.

He'll be a North player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but he didn't sign for six years at GWS either.

He'll be a North player.

It appears people are struggling to analyse:

J. Kelly - 2 x $800,000 (top 5 player)
T. Greene - 6 x $1,000,000 (In the 40's at best)

Do they honestly believe Greene's offer, or better, wasn't put in front of Kelly?

It appears people are struggling to analyse:

J. Kelly - 2 x $800,000 (top 5 player)
T. Greene - 6 x $1,000,000 (In the 40's at best)

Do they honestly believe Greene's offer, or better, wasn't put in front of Kelly?
It seems North fans are struggling to understand:

Had a huge offer from North

Chose not to take it.

When he is out of contract in 2 years. he will have 17 other clubs that are going to be ready to throw everything at him. North won't be the only team to be offering him a huge money and to think he is a lock to come after already rejecting you is ridiculous.

I’d imagine pretty much all GWS supporters wouldn’t swap Kelly for Bontempelli, and most Bulldogs fans wouldn’t swap Bontempelli for Kelly either. Most other fans will likely vacillate between the two as they progress unless one ends up obviously better. Recency bias probably plays a bit of a part here too.

My hope is that when Kelly is looking for offers from other clubs in a year or two, the war chest at Whitten Oval looks pretty good as Boyd’s contract was hopefully front loaded (many posters apparently in the know claim this was the case). Bont being one of his mates hopefully helps out there too.

Then nobody will care about who’s the best, they’ll just worry about how the **** they’ll stop them.

I’d imagine pretty much all GWS supporters wouldn’t swap Kelly for Bontempelli, and most Bulldogs fans wouldn’t swap Bontempelli for Kelly either. Most other fans will likely vacillate between the two as they progress unless one ends up obviously better. Recency bias probably plays a bit of a part here too.

My hope is that when Kelly is looking for offers from other clubs in a year or two, the war chest at Whitten Oval looks pretty good as Boyd’s contract was hopefully front loaded (many posters apparently in the know claim this was the case). Bont being one of his mates hopefully helps out there too.

Then nobody will care about who’s the best, they’ll just worry about how the **** they’ll stop them.
There'll be a few clubs lining up mate...will be interesting.

It seems North fans are struggling to understand:

Had a huge offer from North

Chose not to take it.

When he is out of contract in 2 years. he will have 17 other clubs that are going to be ready to throw everything at him. North won't be the only team to be offering him a huge money and to think he is a lock to come after already rejecting you is ridiculous.
He signed for 2 years to win a flag.
Hes trying to do what Danger did at the Crows in 2014-15.

He signed for 2 years to win a flag.
Hes trying to do what Danger did at the Crows in 2014-15.
And what if he doesn't win a flag in that 2 years but doesn't think North are close to contending? Will he re-sign again for another 2 years? Will he go to another club that he feels can contend? No one knows.

Hey North, here's an idea: how about developing your own stars instead of trying to steal other clubs'? I know North won it's 70s flags using checkbook recruiting but come on.

How are Townsend, Prestia, Caddy and Nankervis doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Josh Kelly vs Marcus Bontempelli - who would you take now

Back