Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

No one hates him. No one does. The criticism of his hardness (lack of it) was warranted. But tonight he was superb. That’s the Rachele we need. This is hopefully the making of him.
The way some post about him you get the impression they don't love him. He gets called out every week for any mistake he makes, and then any positive is ignored. His stats are really solid for a 3rd year player but they are dismissed by posters here whenever people use them to show that he is still tracking well.

Some people just don't like him due to his outgoing personality and the fact that he likes to celebrate a goal.

He is not perfect and does make mistakes, but show me a player in the league who is. He is one of the players on our list who is capable of becoming a genuine game breaker.

I wonder if he passed the stupid eye test yesterday
Mark Critch Comedy GIF by CBC

Not for some I'm sure

has so much untapped potential.
His regular caught HTBs, I've tended to see as a good thing. Sure, they're damn frustrating, but shows he's not panicking with ball in hand, instead looking for the best option, or trying to work some magic. I think it's something he can speed up a bit and get better at working out when and when not, to do that.
Even playing a good game, he plays with a sour look on his face. I really get the feeling he is looking forward to seeing the back of Nicks' bald head.

Rash was a different player tonight, and it was nothing to do with possessions or goals kicked.

He played with an intensity that he hasn't shown for ages - that's what most people commenting on him have been calling for (and by the reaction of some of his team mates, so have they).

Not sure if it's improved fitness, head space or something else, but more please.
Possibly being back in vic & playing in front of more family & friends.
I think he said on AA that he'd played a fair bit at Kardinia Park so was probably more comfortable all round.

Funnily enough the celebrations were back yesterday. Kid gets excited and wants to celebrate, let him be him. It won't always work out but when it does he is unreal
Didn’t understand the show me the money celebration. After his glowing 5AA comments on Geelong hopefully it’s not that they’re in his ear!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way some post about him you get the impression they don't love him. He gets called out every week for any mistake he makes, and then any positive is ignored. His stats are really solid for a 3rd year player but they are dismissed by posters here whenever people use them to show that he is still tracking well.

Some people just don't like him due to his outgoing personality and the fact that he likes to celebrate a goal.

He is not perfect and does make mistakes, but show me a player in the league who is. He is one of the players on our list who is capable of becoming a genuine game breaker.

That and never underestimate how much "soft" players are disliked, regardless of skills.

Still, Rachele is firmly on track to break 30 goals this year, which is a very healthy place to be for any small forward.

Didn’t understand the show me the money celebration. After his glowing 5AA comments on Geelong hopefully it’s not that they’re in his ear!

Does it matter? We have Rash locked up until 2029

Does it matter? We have Rash locked up until 2029
Not really

Although if it came out they were chasing him we’d all look At that moment one of our players played the best he has in a long time seemingly because he was playing for a contract for the opposition and used it as chance to publicly te them in keen but up your offer…

We’d all turn on him pretty quickly!

Apart the one time he went up one handed to mark the ball you are spot on.
Probably his best game for the season. He did lots of great things
But I too saw the small chance to go back and take a mark and he only put the one hand up.
Fortunately the ball bounced our way and we ended up with a goal still.

Not really

Although if it came out they were chasing him we’d all look At that moment one of our players played the best he has in a long time seemingly because he was playing for a contract for the opposition and used it as chance to publicly te them in keen but up your offer…

We’d all turn on him pretty quickly!

Oh yeah, he sure owes a lot to the club that publicly insults him and the fans that have shit on him all year.

Amazing Rachele has copped plenty of criticism by some posters when he has had a reasonable year, even if had some quieter games which you expect for a younger player.

Meanwhile our 100+ game small forward continues to post far, far poorer numbers every week, yet Nix offers more positive comments about Murphy than Rachele.

Says everything really, when he justifies mediocrity.

Josh... hopefully this game becomes more your norm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back