Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is fake. If so, the poster should be banned for posting it and trying to play it off as real.
I’d also like to add that Slippery Pete is my all-time favourite poster and I aspire to reach his level one day

Totally agree with you about these fake posts. They gotta be stopped.

Also — thank you. I appreciate it.

Exactly.

Do they have their fingers on the pulse at all?

The reason fans will sit through a rebuild and still break membership records and have 40k turn up to watch our average displays is because you end up with players like Rachele.

He's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Snuff that out and what do we have to look forward to?
That’s a depressing question for all us tragics on here

If he's copping criticism from players and gets dropped I'm completely done with this club.

If this is all true I recommend him getting traded to hawthorn. Get out of this dump.

Last edited:
They are right.

Will Goodings is spot on here

This is brilliant.
Said it before but years ago I was told players down there don't feel loved, appreciated and like it's a true "club".
This dates back to Trigg's influence and then Chapman etc.

Then people similar to them were continually hired and that's where you start to get that culture right throughout the place and it's so hard to get it out then. New people (off field) come in, that's the culture and they nestle into it or some leave as they don't like/agree with it.

That's why so many players have left over the years all the way back to even guys like Ben Hudson. They don't "have your back" down there and it's more like an organisation. And how many times even on the outside, have we seen that is the case.

Bloody hell. Crouch was dropped to the SANFL and looked like he was going to be there for the rest of his career. Not only did he get back into the AFL side, he signed a new contract. If people really believe that he will walk away from us if we drop him to the SANFL then honestly, he’s not the kid we want playing for us. Rumours and hype!

This is brilliant.
Said it before but years ago I was told players down there don't feel loved, appreciated and like it's a true "club".
This dates back to Trigg's influence and then Chapman etc.

Then people similar to them were continually hired and that's where you start to get that culture right throughout the place and it's so hard to get it out then. New people (off field) come in, that's the culture and they nestle into it or some leave as they don't like/agree with it.

That's why so many players have left over the years all the way back to even guys like Ben Hudson. They don't "have your back" down there and it's more like an organisation. And how many times even on the outside, have we seen that is the case.
yep. "It's a privilege to play for us", not "we're privileged or glad you play for us."

Bloody hell. Crouch was dropped to the SANFL and looked like he was going to be there for the rest of his career. Not only did he get back into the AFL side, he signed a new contract. If people really believe that he will walk away from us if we drop him to the SANFL then honestly, he’s not the kid we want playing for us. Rumours and hype!
No one wanted Crouch.

Bet Josh has a market.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being dropped is not the reason he'd leave.

Being somewhere you don't want to be with no faith it's going to get better would be a reason to leave.

Let's hope we're doing whatever we can to keep him out of that headspace.

Oh wait.

My biggest "issue"* with the dumb pre-game jokes is that it's exactly the sort of stupid nonsense a club having a poor year would do to stoke up enthusiasm for the local derby.

Therefore it's reasonable to suspect Rachele was acting on club instructions.

Which would mean any omission would likely be disciplinary action for doing his job as instructed.

Which is almost definitely a violation of working conditions.

Which is a violation of the player contract.

Thus it's entirely logical to take this to mean Rachele could have said contract torn up Paddy Ryder style.

Therefore it's almost certain that Josh Rachele is about to walk to another club for nothing.

It's just science

*My actual opinion is that it's offensive that I'm expected to have an opinion about this.
man thats quite a take on things....and not at all believable (not sure if you are being serious or not haha)

Being somewhere you don't want to be with no faith it's going to get better would be a reason to leave.

Oh wait.
Similar to Melbourne with Petracca, Rachele is contracted here long term. Unless a club offered ridiculous overs, there is no way they’re trading him.

I don’t think he will leave.

The point is that he should, if I was his manager I’d be telling him to get the **** out of here.

We can literally see two clubs in Hawthorn and Geelong handling similar situations completely differently and how successful both clubs are. I’m sure they’d take Rach without giving it a second thought.

Oh wait.
But that’s not what I thought this thread was about? It was about him being dropped and then the sky is falling responses.

what Josh serves up ion and off the field during showdown week was rubbish, he had one moment where he kicked a clutch goal but apart from that he also squibbed a couple of contest

anyone confiding personality, goal celebrations with offensive comments really do need to have a re-think

we all love Josh’s goal celebrations but he needs to find the right line between celebration and being offensive otherwise he will continue to put a massive target on his own back

success comes from knowing where the line is and being clipped when you cross that line, problem in that manning players are not use to being clipped when they cross the line.

Josh put the pressure on himself pre-showdown and he failed to deliver, and it’s not the first time he’s done this…..

Let’s not kid ourselves if we don’t believe that if you want to be a good side you need to know where that line is and if you cross, you need to own it and there can be consequences

Josh has been disappointing this year, he’s played bruise free footy and his inconsistency contributes to our team inconsistency

I have no issue with him being dropped, but i do have an issue with

1. not being dropped earlier
2. Laird not keeping his comments in house

In terms of Nicks, listen to yesterdays press conference, he protected Josh and put it on the team

Those who subscribe to Josh’s teeth comments and celebration as ok, well we may as well be called Port

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Even if what you said is true... There's no way you could justify doing Rachele before Murphy.

No one wanted Crouch.

Bet Josh has a market.
BS. The armchair coaches in their crows jumpers were emphatically creating the narrative on this one like they bloody do on every player in their pack mentally outcry! Our midfield is not the best, but it’s damn more functional with him in it!

Talking about it on SEN if anyone's interested.

They're smacking the club.
They can't believe the overreaction, there's nothing wrong with a kid being who he is without doing anything bad, other clubs are going to come for him and will be lining up, he's going to have all summer with that being the ending, saying Matthew Nicks you knew what you were getting with him. They can't believe it, neither can first callers.
they're absolutely right. the club has, once again, gotten itself into a completely avoidable and uncomfortable position through their own incompetence. did we see what's happening at melbourne from a communication perspective and want some of that?

if they club didn't like the teeth stuff, pull him aside after match review or whatever and have a word. then if anyone is on the radio or whatever during the week play it down and compliment rachele and whatnot. it's ****ing basics of looking after your players once something blows up in their face or something. and if you 'have' to drop him, say he's going in for a knee cleanup or something. it doesnt matter if it is self inflicted, he's a member of the club and the club sticks together. so of course we did the complete opposite.

BS. The armchair coaches in their crows jumpers were emphatically creating the narrative on this one like they bloody do on every player in their pack mentally outcry! Our midfield is not the best, but it’s damn more functional with him in it!

Oh yeah, it's heaps good. What's been the benefit again, remind me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back