Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird should shut the **** up, but Rachele shouldn't be a protected species on this board. He's really cringe sometimes and then can't consistently back it up (yet).

If he played for any other club we'd be calling him a knob/squib/hack. But he plays for the crows so we say he's got a fun personality and his stats show he's better than Shai Bolton.

I don't think the club in handling him well though. Imo behind closed doors they should be sitting him down and saying play with flair and keep celebrating goals, but watch it with the antagonist antics at least until you've got some notches on your belt. Keep working on your game including being harder at the contest.

2 separate arguments in which 1 has far deeper impact on club "culture" and success than the other.

I don't think Rash is a protected species. Nor should he be.

Tex and Fog also said a similar thing to Laird about Rachele’s comments/celebration on the weekend, not sure why Laird is copping all the heat. It seems to be a club wide narrative unfortunately.

Article apparently going to be in the Advertiser.. club says he's dropped for putting himself ahead of his team and was on the cards for a few weeks to be dropped.

You mean after the Geelong game maybe when Nicks said it was probably his best game?

Nothing to do with this weak people, was always on the cards. 🤣
I’m not sure why they can’t just give it to us straight, don’t pretend this was on the cards for weeks after only complimenting his game 2 weeks ago!

Few questions...

• Did they speak to Rachele and say, ok no more, after his comments? If so, only way you justify the week off.
  • Would he have been dropped if we won? if no, you don't drop him now.
  • Would he have been dropped if he kicked 5 goals after the celebration? if no, you don't drop him now.
  • Who leaked to the media yesterday? If not Rachele's camp, sack them too.
  • If leaking to the media was the idea of someone at the club, getting ahead of the story or whatever, sack them for bad advice.
Also, someone mentioned Shuttleworth, is he still there? Useless, failed getting the messaging around the camp right and failed now and probably a hundred times in between. The club needs a far better media/PR team. Our messaging has been horrible for years. Another one of those, maybe he was the best applicant at the time, but I bet they never look to improve with someone else every time his contract has been up since.

Bloody hell. Crouch was dropped to the SANFL and looked like he was going to be there for the rest of his career. Not only did he get back into the AFL side, he signed a new contract. If people really believe that he will walk away from us if we drop him to the SANFL then honestly, he’s not the kid we want playing for us. Rumours and hype!

I think it would more like Rachelle gets dropped for a silly comment whilst the other half forward (LM) kicks **** all goals and is a waste of space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article apparently going to be in the Advertiser.. club says he's dropped for putting himself ahead of his team and was on the cards for a few weeks to be dropped.

You mean after the Geelong game maybe when Nicks said it was probably his best game?

Nothing to do with this week people, was always on the cards. 🤣
So then you know the next time Nicks makes a comment about how much they love his enthusiasm and passion that he's lying through his teeth.

Similar to Melbourne with Petracca, Rachele is contracted here long term. Unless a club offered ridiculous overs, there is no way they’re trading him.

That would change if he flatly refuses to pick up the phone to the club. They'd have to cut their losses. Not saying it's come to that, just that if he was to walk out and go dark, they'd really have no choice.

Few questions...

• Did they speak to Rachele and say, ok no more, after his comments? If so, only way you justify the week off.
  • Would he have been dropped if we won? if no, you don't drop him now.
  • Would he have been dropped if he kicked 5 goals after the celebration? if no, you don't drop him now.
  • Who leaked to the media yesterday? If not Rachele's camp, sack them too.
  • If leaking to the media was the idea of someone at the club, getting ahead of the story or whatever, sack them for bad advice.
Also, someone mentioned Shuttleworth, is he still there? Useless, failed getting the messaging around the camp right and failed now and probably a hundred times in between. The club needs a far better media/PR team. Our messaging has been horrible for years. Another one of those, maybe he was the best applicant at the time, but I bet they never look to improve with someone else every time his contract has been up since.
Yes the article posted said after he made his comments during the week he was told NOT to incite the crowd on GameDay . Which he clearly did

This feels like a senior player-driven situation. Which is not good at all.

Moronic. Over reaction. I think it seems leadership driven as well. It's not like Rachelle can come back next week and earn his spot back either. It'll sit with him through the off season and rightly or wrongly he will question whether he did the right thing signing on with us for so long. There is nothing to be gained by dropping him.

Tex and Fog also said a similar thing to Laird about Rachele’s comments/celebration on the weekend, not sure why Laird is copping all the heat. It seems to be a club wide narrative unfortunately.
Even if dawson said sonething I'd tell him to **** off too. Go be robots somewhere else.

That would change if he flatly refuses to pick up the phone to the club. They'd have to cut their losses. Not saying it's come to that, just that if he was to walk out and go dark, they'd really have no choice.
a professional athlete contracted for another 5 years probably on 700-800k / year refusing to play, therefore breaching contract and not getting paid.

Do you really think that’s likely to happen? Any precedents in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back