Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was just a young, flustered footballer thing because he was finding AFL harder than he thought it would be.
It was absolutely a problem for him last year, but a mental thing rather than a skill issue

Coming into this year with confidence in his leg will be super important

Interesting theories.

Last year he goes into his shell and runs around gathering no touches after that shite first half. This year he kept at it. All three goals were class
Yep, he was poor in the first half, the commentators even mentioned that a few times. What impressed me was his willingness to persevere after a poor start, which is a trait he was lacking previously. The goal kicking accuracy seems to be back, so I’m really keen to see how his year progresses.

Utterly sh*tful for a half, almost 3 quarters really. Half arsed efforts, body language was atrocious, he looked completely disinterested, like he would have rather been anywhere else doing anything else other than playing footy. Pulled his finger out eventually but by then it was too late.

He certainly wasn't the only one but he has to be better for longer than that.

Positives and negatives from his game. Reckon he is one you just need to put around stoppage to get him involved when it's not working for him. Get the emotion out of it and just go on natural footy instinct.

He gets a pass for his first game of the year - can't say the same for many others this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he was getting in positions to affect the contest in the dying moments.

Can't say the same for a dozen players on the field tonight.

Yes he didn't execute well. He's not a finished player yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back