Judd deal done tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

They will probably have a reserve say, like bidding for a house.

Let's just say for example WC are willing to take 3,20 and Kennedy and it is agreed on monday, couldn't the trade still go ahead on monday?

No. Monday is nothing more than discussing trading rules with the AFL and informal talks. No official trades can be made until Tuesday at the earliest.

Kennedy was a pick 4, and the WCE are keen on their WA boy Josh

So was Andrew McDougall. Perhaps we traded him a year too early.

Please..........foolish logic. :rolleyes:

We are not trading to bolster East Freo's list next year. He would be behind Hansen, Staker, Chad Jones and Mitch Brown in the KPP stakes at the Eagles I would have thought.

So was Andrew McDougall. Perhaps we traded him a year too early.

Please..........foolish logic. :rolleyes:

We are not trading to bolster East Freo's list next year. He would be behind Hansen, Staker, Chad Jones and Mitch Brown in the KPP stakes at the Eagles I would have thought.

he's barely 20 years old and will be much better than those listed above.

Nick Stevens was adament that he he wanted to go to Collingwood and not be traded to Carlton. Once trade week was over he was consigned to the fact that Carlton were going to select him with their first PSD pick and everything worked out.

The same thing would happen with Judd if he goes to the PSD. But a trade is most likely to be sorted out.

Thats not the case, but if making shit up is your thing dont let me stop you.

Stevens was a lot more open to where he went that Judd. He made a preference, but was open to where he went.

Problem is, you and a lot of other people are assuming West Coast would be afraid to do that if worse came to worse. They're as shrewd as shrewd when it comes to this business. They will obviously try to get a deal done, but think about it. They're losing Judd anyway, and even without him along with Geelong probably still have the best midfield in the comp. They don't have anywhere near as much to lose as some make out they do.

Exactly West Coast built a premiership team with one pick in the top 10 they will back themselves to do it again. They've played in finals most years and have had bugger all high picks and the ones they have had havent done much(except Judd but hes leaving ).

They will not be known as patsies at the trade table for the rest of time for a speculative pick 3 and some other crap. Its better to get nothing and keep your reputation .

Not really. Only Steve and Trevor Woodhouse will be in Melb. They wont confirm the deal until Tuesday so blokes like Nisbett will have time to think it over.

And I agree with the OP, Carlton not in the bag yet. They cant afford to **** around too much. Other clubs are circling. For their sake, I hope the Blues arnt arrogant enough to think Judd had any particular reason to pick them over another side. It was a toss of the coin. If Blues dont do the right thing, he will re-toss the coin.
Other clubs circling around ? :D
You clearly have no idea :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other clubs circling around ? :D
You clearly have no idea :rolleyes:

You nutbar.

The main reason he went with you guys is because he thought you could offer WC the most. It was a toss of the coin between you and Collingwood. If you dont play ball, the Pies will come right back into the mix. They have better facilities, better coach, more money and better playing list. I'm sure it wont be that hard to convince Chris that Carlton are being totally unreasonable and the Pies are a good option.

I'm not ruling our Essendon and Melb just yet either. Pleanty of times during trade week players dont go to their preferred club. Dont think that the Blues have any more to offer than the other clubs.

You nutbar.

The main reason he went with you guys is because he thought you could offer WC the most.
Where did you pull this from? I've seen it mentioned by a few WC supporters.

Judd picked Carlton because we made him the best offer. I seriously doubt he's made such an important decision based on what's best for WC.

Stevens was a lot more open to where he went that Judd. He made a preference, but was open to where he went.

Oh come on! Stevens wanted Collingwood. Flat out. Judd has said once through his manager that Carlton is his "preferred" destination.

Stevens settled for Carlton because he had to, not because they were on a short list of five clubs. Yet on the other hand you claim that Judd is single-minded in his desire for Carlton? Do you not see the paradox in your argument?

Oh come on! Stevens wanted Collingwood. Flat out. Judd has said once through his manager that Carlton is his "preferred" destination.

Stevens settled for Carlton because he had to, not because they were on a short list of five clubs. Yet on the other hand you claim that Judd is single-minded in his desire for Carlton? Do you not see the paradox in your argument?

when did stevens actually say he wanted to play for collingwood, he never sai d that. It was the media just like they have done with judd. But he choose carlton deal with it, he told collingwood he wont be playin with them next year, and said the same to the other clubs.

tigers have put #2 , 18 & a player on the table
blues need to to put up #1 & 3 or he is in yellow & black

There is only one problem with this, and it's only a very minor technicality :)rolleyes:).

CHRIS JUDD DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR RICHMOND. His manager has said this, and Judd didn't even have Richmond on his list of 4 clubs.

The only way you could possibly get Judd is through the preseason draft, and I can tell you that it won't get that far. In any event, he would out-price you so you can't pick him up.

Thats not the case, but if making shit up is your thing dont let me stop you.

Umm.. Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm afraid it is true. Stevens first suggested he had a preference of Coll & Carl, but when Port were close to agreement with Carl, Stevens said no.

Then Port agreed to a swap with Melb for pick 5. Stevens said no.

That's why we hate him at Port - because he did the dirty on us, and wasted everyone's negotiating time. We had other players who wanted trades, but couldn't negotiate them until the last minute because we were so tied up on Stevens. Perhaps he was happy to go to Carl, because he liked the club or the $$$, but he didn't want them to have to trade pick 2 to get him. Whatever, was still dirty and dishonest.

You nutbar.

The main reason he went with you guys is because he thought you could offer WC the most. It was a toss of the coin between you and Collingwood. If you dont play ball, the Pies will come right back into the mix. They have better facilities, better coach, more money and better playing list. I'm sure it wont be that hard to convince Chris that Carlton are being totally unreasonable and the Pies are a good option.

I'm not ruling our Essendon and Melb just yet either. Pleanty of times during trade week players dont go to their preferred club. Dont think that the Blues have any more to offer than the other clubs.

This is such a dumb concept. It suggests Judd didn't ask Carlton what their trade stratergy was, which he would have been an idiot not to do. As if he just picked Carlton as he thought they could do the easier trade without asking each club what their proposed trade was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd deal done tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back