Judd gets 3 weeks, escapes attempted murder charge

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough punishment, probably didn't deserve any more than 2 or 3 weeks but he had to get a suspension of some sort.

Judd really should just plead guilty and cop the 2 weeks. Would be stupid to fight it, especially when it's only for 2 H&A matches and not finals.

Before we go on can a Richmond or Collingwood fan explain to me what Luke Mcguane's finger was doing being chomped on by Travis Cloke's teeth a few weeks ago and no-one was suspended?

Not only has Judd brought the game into disrepute, if he wins the 2009 Brownlow, he'll do the same to that award. Not much can be done about that, but it will be forever tainted if he does win it.

As for the 2010 Brownlow, my understanding is that a player is ineligible for the award if he serves a suspension during that season, regardless of when the offence occured, but I'm prepared to be proven wrong on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eyelid looks closed to me. And the finger looks like it is in the corner of the socket.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending what he did for one second. But my understanding of eye gouging is forceful contact with the eyeball.

So you are saying that it isn't an eye gouge because Rischitelli didn't keep his eyelid open?:eek:

Only 3 weeks for a deliberate eye gouge/pressure point attack? Even after Judd admitted his actions were pre-meditated and this is the second time he has done this.

Well done AFL, well done. :eek:

So you are saying that it isn't an eye gouge because Rischitelli didn't keep his eyelid open?:eek:
I said what my understanding of an eye gouge was. And I then asked for a definition.

If it falls under the definition of an eye gouge, so be it and I am happy to stand corrected.

Despite what has been implied otherwise of me in this thread, I am not for one minute defending him.

Be it an eye gouge or not, he deserves to go. And I have no problem with that. I am most certainly not going to try to defend his actions along club lines.

Let me put in my two cents worth:

- 2 weeks (or 3 weeks) is fair enough - deserves it.

To all those flogs carrying on about how his halo has slipped - let me ask you one thing (and this applies to all the absolute superstars out there including Buddy, Matthew Lloyd, Gary Ablett, Reiwoldt etc ...):

Q: Just how much of this sort of crap do you think Judd would be copping week in, week out, year in, year out. Judd (and the others above) can't fart on a football field without being rammed into the turf by five players. Big f%^ken deal if they give a bit back occasionally.

Its always been in tatters on bigfooty since he came to carlton :rolleyes:

Fair penalty for a stupid, gutless act

Those suggesting danger of loss of vision and other such fantasies need to wind it back just a few notches I'd say

Fair summary of what's going on imho.

Absolutely stupid act by Judd and the penalty is appropriate, with over the top bigfooty commentry.

What in the name of ****?

I actually think that this statement is more disturbing than the contact for the eye.

Can't believe a guy is trying to use martial arts moves on oppenents in a game of football !.

Unbelieveably stupid thing to have said, as he may have got off if he'd just kept his mouth shut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd gets 3 weeks, escapes attempted murder charge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back