Judd Rejects Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how Denis Commetti on radio yesterday called him one of the 3 greatest Western Australian footballers.

Not a bad claim for a Victorian.

He was helping West Coke get top price - lets see what he says when its all over. :)

This sounds like a massive beat up to be honest. We can't get Judd only because of the GC relocation hanging over our heads.

Someone is trying to stir you guys up. Juddy had his press conference yesterday, I can't see that he has started negotiations with anyone yet, let alone yesterday when he was more focused on the conference. This is a BS thread.

Welcome back mate!

Thanks mate.

F*cking soft, pansy, oversensitive, blubbering, try-hard hero Hawthorn board.

Isn't it amazing how closely these club boards seem to resemble their actual team?

we shouldnt be looking at judd but trying to play as a 3rd party that trades with carlton to help get them judd.

to get some1 like murphy would be gold but they wont let a pick 1 with 2 yrs experience leave.

They would want 2 much for him.

This sounds like a massive beat up to be honest. We can't get Judd only because of the GC relocation hanging over our heads.

Someone is trying to stir you guys up. Juddy had his press conference yesterday, I can't see that he has started negotiations with anyone yet, let alone yesterday when he was more focused on the conference. This is a BS thread.

Heard on radio this morning that 6 clubs are in contention and North are not one of them. They said north are most likely not to try and deal.

Heard on radio this morning that 6 clubs are in contention and North are not one of them. They said north are most likely not to try and deal.

Agreed.

Dont you think "Juud wants to be a Roo, says no to GC" would be a major headline. Who gets the scoop though? Pharro.

Doesn't wash with me... its a rumour designed to hit us where we hurt and it has no credibility. I don't blame Pharro though, as he said, make of it what you will. However there is 6 pages already of people ready to start a fight over it.

Music to my ears. With the year we are having, our first pick will be 14th or later, so the only currency we could have are our best young players, and I'd rather keep them.

Last time this kind of frenzy happened, although not to the same extent, we traded multiple picks and players for Colby. Great as he was for the club, it leaves a big hole in your recruitment. Let someone else do it.

we shouldnt be looking at judd but trying to play as a 3rd party that trades with carlton to help get them judd.

to get some1 like murphy would be gold but they wont let a pick 1 with 2 yrs experience leave.

They would want 2 much for him.

In all this hysteria of Judd and wanting to go to North, l at this minute say "Who gives a f#$k about Judd!". The three most pressing items that our club have at the moment are:
1. Winning on Saturday
2. Signing Laids
3. Future of the club in Melbourne.

Like a few here, the point 3 is the most urgent out of the whole lot because thats the future! If we take out the premiership and then relocate to the GC, what good does that do for the supporter?

"Wow we are Premiers of 2007 but in 200x, we'll be know as the Gold Coast Rollers"

This whole GC issue has made me sick since the start of the year, even to the point that if the AFL does the shifty and moves us up there without informing the members or supporters, you can stick your GC Kanga's up ya cakehole!!

Music to my ears. With the year we are having, our first pick will be 14th or later, so the only currency we could have are our best young players, and I'd rather keep them.

Last time this kind of frenzy happened, although not to the same extent, we traded multiple picks and players for Colby. Great as he was for the club, it leaves a big hole in your recruitment. Let someone else do it.

Good point. As good as Colby was, the Cats essentially got Cam Mooney and Corey Enright from that trade, both players would have been in our team.

This pisses me off. I totally believe that Judd wants to come to our club. PLayers always have. The fact that this shit is getting in the way is a disgrace. I can totally understand where he is coming from (he doesn't want to go through all this again to get back to Melbourne). It will scutlle any possibility of a Murphy deal as well. he has already rejected QLD.

Already our attraction to recruits has been diminished, and it will get worse if we (will have become they by then) move up there. Footballer don't want to live on the Gold Coast. The GC Kangaroos would be the second QLD team, with a low supporte base, very low crowds, no tradition and AFL owned. Least attractive club in the league for any footballer who has grown up in a strong football state like Victoria, South Australia or WA and is asked to leave his family. They will be praying not to be drafted there, and will leave regulalrly. QLD footballers will still prefer Brisbane.

You haven't thought this through properly, have you guys?

FWIW, if this GC shit hadn't ****ed it up, I would go hard after Judd. It is a risk and we could end up paying way, way too much, but

1. He has plenty of amazing football ahead of him and will probably end up being one of the best footballers in the league. A midfield with Wells, Smith, Harvey, Judd, Harris, Swallow would dominate.

2. He would instantly elevate our membership position. A prelim (or maybe GF or flag), possibly a brownlow and then the addition of Judd. We would get 30,000 for sure. All the Carey youngsters hitting 20 now would jump on board to make sure they get a chance ata GF ticket.

I wouldn't give up any regular players (unless they stated they wanted to go), but pick 3 from 2006 is worth far, far more than pick 3 this year - and the best recruiters in the counry would know that - and someone like Riggio was highly rated over there (gee he did some great things on the VFL on the weekend - and some terrible things - but they will be ironed out).

I think both these players will be guns, but there are unfortunately bigger (and more urgent) issues at the moment, and Judd could help fix them more than any other player. Hansen, Riggio, and maybe our 1st and 2nd round picks this year would give us a shot.

But - it is not going to happen.

I hope this hits home a bit for the board of the damage all this shit does.

Afterall Brayshaw, it is all about the flag isn't it?
Money doesn't = flags.
Spot F'n On.:thumbsu:

We ended up in the top 4, we would only have any serious currency if we traded two players, like Wells and Hale who have some serious currency and on-trade those picks with what we get this year.

One player is not worth it. We over-paid for Thommo, we over-paid for Hay and we are still a good side this year without them. It is better to just take our picks and get the best players and find our own stars, trade good players only when they want to leave.

We could have had another 4 odd good players at the club, I love thommo as much as the next person but he is a short-term decision. We need to invest a whole lot for the long-term. We have no freaking KPP stock at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect. You've got your drafts mixed up.

The only draft that Judd can enter is the pre-season draft as an uncontracted player. Richmond have the first pick in that draft for finishing on the bottom. Carlton's priority pick is in the National Draft, not the preseason draft. If Judd enters the pre season draft he has to nominate a contract price and if Richmond agrees to pay it he becomes a Richmond player. And its fair to say that any club would make room in the cap for Judd. So Carlton can't just get him for nothing.

Kreuzer is in the National Draft, where Carlton has gained the priority selection. So its not possible to select Judd and subsequently lose Kreuzer as they're in completely different drafts.

Fair call - I am confusing the drafts. Thanks for the polite clarification.:thumbsu:

Incorrect. You've got your drafts mixed up.

The only draft that Judd can enter is the pre-season draft as an uncontracted player. Richmond have the first pick in that draft for finishing on the bottom. Carlton's priority pick is in the National Draft, not the preseason draft. If Judd enters the pre season draft he has to nominate a contract price and if Richmond agrees to pay it he becomes a Richmond player. And its fair to say that any club would make room in the cap for Judd. So Carlton can't just get him for nothing.

Kreuzer is in the National Draft, where Carlton has gained the priority selection. So its not possible to select Judd and subsequently lose Kreuzer as they're in completely different drafts.

Can't Judd nominate for the National Draft ala Edwards and Rodan, and get picked up by the Blues.

Can't Judd nominate for the National Draft ala Edwards and Rodan, and get picked up by the Blues.

Not unless West Coast delist him instead of trading him.

If this is true about judd and gc its an injustice that we have soft c@cks running our club.

If only the people who run our club had the same bravery that our players have we would be in much better shape off field.

Come on show some balls and tell andy d to f*** off now,take control of our future.

dont be the people that destroy a way of life for many good people.

If this is true about judd and gc its an injustice that we have soft c@cks running our club.

If only the people who run our club had the same bravery that our players have we would be in much better shape off field.

Come on show some balls and tell andy d to f*** off now,take control of our future.

dont be the people that destroy a way of life for many good people.

our board lacks SHINBONER SPIRIT... sad but true... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

BTW, the board doesn't sit around the club all day.

I don't think the board has even meet this week.

The list manager may have spoken to Judd's Manager. BIG DEAL, he's not going to work out the picks and players, West Coast Are.

Someone in an office told me??????

It wouldn't stick. I'm made of Teflon.;):thumbsu:

Haven't done a search of your posts, but I assume you have been praising Laidley all week Tef?

Brilliant coaching performance on Saturday night.

Haven't done a search of your posts, but I assume you have been praising Laidley all week Tef?

Brilliant coaching performance on Saturday night.

I stated he was average in another thread. Clarkson lost it more than Laidley won it.:thumbsu:

My ratings from last weekend -

Laidley - C
Clarkson - F

I just didn't want to detract from everyone elses high by attempting to rationally discuss the coaching with irrational zealots.

I stated he was average in another thread. Clarkson lost it more than Laidley won it.:thumbsu:

My ratings from last weekend -

Laidley - C
Clarkson - F

I just didn't want to detract from everyone elses high by attempting to rationally discuss the coaching with irrational zealots.

Soft.

Laidley had a very good one and you know it.
There is no shame in being wrong (or so I hear).

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd Rejects Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back