Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Players Melbourne teams will have to give up for Judd, at a bare minimum;
Carlton: Murphy or Fevola.
Collingwood: Cloke.
Essendon: ???
Geelong: Hawkins, Bartel, G. Ablett.
Hawthorn: Franklin (he and G. Ablett the only ones worth more than Judd?).
Kangaroos: Harvey (at the very minimum as he's older).
Melbourne: McLean.
Richmond: Deledio.
St. Kilda: Riewoldt.
Western Bulldogs: Cooney.

If you're not prepared to give up any of these, don't expect Judd at your club.

agree - essendon have got nothing to trade with

suggest - McLean would be an insult as would Cooney. 2 of them together wouldn't really even be a start

It's funny how QUICKLY perceptions change . . .

WC fans - Judd is a traitor

Non-WC fans:
One idiot says he's not worth the 5th pick cause the 5th pick will be a 200game superstar and Judd doesn't even have 200games left in him. I'd like to know the % of top-10 draft picks who even play 200games

Now he's an injury riddled HFF who's not worth squat

I think he'll go for plenty, J. Hay got 2 1st rounders for the hawks didn't he

shits me upthe wall when idiots now think they can get quality for peanuts

i've always said u have to trade quality for quality, bloody annoying

Re: It's funny how QUICKLY perceptions change . . .

I've only just logged on after work so i haven't really got the general feeling but i think if any West Coast fans are calling him a traitor it's more their disappointment and anger spilling over than any logical point.

If any true West Coast fan thinks the man that effectively was the reason we played in two Grand Finals and won us a premiership and then did the right thing by the club giving them an opportunity to trade him is a traitor then you are either an idiot or suffer from a severe case of memory loss.

WC fans - Judd is a traitor

Non-WC fans:
One idiot says he's not worth the 5th pick cause the 5th pick will be a 200game superstar and Judd doesn't even have 200games left in him. I'd like to know the % of top-10 draft picks who even play 200games

Are you quoting me? At least get it right!

I said, Higgins + Griffen + pick 5 isn't a good deal because both players will have massive 200+game careers. The draft pick number 5 is a gamble, but still has potential to produce a 200 game+ player, and you would be lucky to another 200 games out of Judd.

Know tell me that doesn't make sense.

I've only just logged on after work so i haven't really got the general feeling but i think if any West Coast fans are calling him a traitor it's more their disappointment and anger spilling over than any logical point.

If any true West Coast fan thinks the man that effectively was the reason we played in two Grand Finals and won us a premiership and then did the right thing by the club giving them an opportunity to trade him is a traitor then you are either an idiot or suffer from a severe case of memory loss.

so will you be PM Cheif for a username change? or waiting to see what team you'll be supporting next year :D

havn't heard one wc fan call him a traiter, infact most are happy and wich him all the best. We are mostly excited about what we might get for him. its quite exciting really

Some of the bile being spewed forth on the West Coast forum is pathetic.
Poor guy wants to come home.. Let's kill him.. Hang, draw, quarter, tar, feather and finally burn in the middle of Subiaco Oval.

Yep by far biggest footy club in Australia, look at their record, 2 flags in 50 or so years, i just wish my club could achieve like that. All hail the mighty Collingwood.

And yeah the Eagles would love Toovey, you're on the ball with that one, gees you really are a genius arent you.

Yes we are the biggest football club in Australia like it or not. Collingwood know how to market the club and players. This means for Judd alot of money outside in the corporate world.
I feel the Eagles would like 2 players plus a draft pick and Collingwood paying 400k per year to them. It worked for the Tarrent deal.

Poor guy wants to come home.. Let's kill him.. Hang, draw, quarter, tar, feather and finally burn in the middle of Subiaco Oval.
agreed

reveller said:
so will you be PM Cheif for a username change? or waiting to see what team you'll be supporting next year

I appreciate everything Juddy has done for the Eagles and he's still a god in my eyes, just now i won't get to see him in the flesh every second week :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you quoting me? At least get it right!

I said, Higgins + Griffen + pick 5 isn't a good deal because both players will have massive 200+game careers. The draft pick number 5 is a gamble, but still has potential to produce a 200 game+ player, and you would be lucky to another 200 games out of Judd.

Know tell me that doesn't make sense.

it might have been you, i'm not sure but i've read alot of judd crap in the last 30minutes

one of the worst was the collingwood supporter questioning the worth of giving up fevola + pick 3 for judd cause judd was only a pick 3 himself. I MEAN, HOW MANY BLOODY pick 3's in afl draft history were as good as judd

also, i just remembered ottens was traded for 2 1st rounders, so it gets me thinking about the stupidity of a few of our posters here who are suggesting he's worth, for example, kennedy + pick 20

Yes we are the biggest football club in Australia like it or not. Collingwood know how to market the club and players. This means for Judd alot of money outside in the corporate world.
I feel the Eagles would like 2 players plus a draft pick and Collingwood paying 400k per year to them. It worked for the Tarrent deal.

That Eddie mantra really has infected all Collingwood fans hasn't it?

Yes I am devistated and yes I believe he is a traitor. Could've understood this if he didn't take the captaincy but he did so he is (a traitor).

havn't heard one wc fan call him a traiter, infact most are happy and wich him all the best. We are mostly excited about what we might get for him. its quite exciting really

Check out the WC board for what they are calling him...and are you serious? Why would you be happy having your best player (and arguably best in the comp) leaving? You don't have to put on this facade. People will understand if your pissed that one of your champs has to leave...Happened to Brissie with Headland, Aker & Michael.

I do agree that this could be a blessing in disguise for the Coasters though. Perhaps they pick up a couple of great young players & a quality forward and dominate the comp for another couple of years.

Re: Eagles Could Get Nothing For Judd

BULL**** Judd will go for nothing. If he goes for nothing it will be the biggest dog act in history. He should have enough common sense and integrity to not go unless WCE get fair compensation.

I thought school holidays were over. FFS.

go have a look at how Jeff White moved from Freo - and don't think he wasn't a solid gold super-prospect at the time.

Crow-mo I would still have a problem, however no where near as much as I do now if he wasn't captain and decided to leave. Especially at the time when the captaincy was selected it was publicly known that he rejected the captaincy because of the possibility of leaving the club.

I agree. He's gone, I'm very disappointed, maybe even shattered, but we move on. He was great for our club and our club was great for him. Onwards and upwards.

Crow-mo I would still have a problem, however no where near as much as I do now if he wasn't captain and decided to leave. Especially at the time when the captaincy was selected it was publicly known that he rejected the captaincy because of the possibility of leaving the club.

you're going to have a problem because you're being a petty, shortsighted homer - nothing to do with the player.

he's given you great service, and in return you whine like a bitch. I bet that's just the sort of reaction to make him regret his decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd threads (merged)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back