Julia Gillard: Fremantle to smash Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post is in response to posters dumping on the performance of Australia's economy over the last 5 years. So it is relevant.
There has been one post dumping on the economy in four pages. What has been dumped on is the politics on both sides. The post was just a hissy fit that had no relevance.

And I agree shut the thread please, otherwise I will have to keep rebutting and I don't want to.

There has been only one post on here that has suggested the economy is stuffed. I have never suggested the economy is stuffed, but it is struggling. No where near the level of our foreign friends but never the less it is tinkering. Besides the incompetence of Julia goes beyond the economy.

Mods please close thread, I can't help myself.

Ill argue with any tosser that says the that the ALP or Julia in particular has stuffed up the economy of the country. That is blatantly untrue.

Now are you are tosser?

Anyone that thinks she is doing a good job is a tosser.

Shouldn't be long now, you will have your answer at the next election.

When you commit to a multi billion dollar NBN without a cost benefit analysis which is over budget and behind schedule it's hard to argue you are good economic managers.

ha - it's funny that people think that our leaders have any say in what happens with the economy anyway - it controls us; only a fool in denial would argue that it's the other way -

ha - it's funny that people think that our leaders have any say in what happens with the economy anyway - it controls us; only a fool in denial would argue that it's the other way -
R u for real? So when governments have to control spending on a promise of a surplus which constrains spending that's not influencing the economy? Have you not heard of fiscal policy?

Not that I agreed with it, but wasn't Labor given credit for avoiding a recession by racking up debt?

R u for real? So when governments have to control spending on a promise of a surplus which constrains spending that's not influencing the economy? Have you not heard of fiscal policy?

Not that I agreed with it, but wasn't Labor given credit for avoiding a recession by racking up debt?

Recession - Economic Booms - G.D.P -

The whole thing is horse shit. We are stuck in a crazy paradigm where we have to grow and grow and grow and consume and consume as much as possible - Make all those numbers on the board look good! GROWTH!!!!

I can only think of one thing that perpetually grows - and that's cancer; eventually it kills its host.

You know I think there is something to say about the fact that the ideas of capitalism came about around the same time that people could start questioning god and not get automatically killed for it - The economists and capital owners made a new myth and they wrestled some power from the church -

Many started to question one system of control, but feel straight for another. We've eaten up every crumb of the 'trickle down' effect theory and we're still sure that it will happen - In the meantime we will consume ourselves out of a sustainable planet -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back