Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn have history with white number panels on their singlets. They had it when they won their first 2 premierships, and reintroduced in 2008 which coincided with beginning of the most recent premiership era. Given it's a 'legends' singlet commemorating Peter Hudson, the club thought it was appropriate to include it as it was a feature of the singlet during his time at the club.

I doubt the Port Adelaide design was considered at all. Overall it really didn't cause an issue between telling the two match-day teams apart.
"Singlets"???

But did they have the panel when they had their gold jumper with brown V?

If not then it's a poor execution of a "Legends" jumper. It's akin to Essendon calling their clash jumper a "Heritage" jumper.

I don't think it did but they seem to explain around it here.

In 2022 we continue to honour the legends of the brown and gold with our adidas Legends Guernsey. In this iteration we honour the contribution of AFL Legend and Hawthorn Hall of Fame Legend Peter Hudson. Widely celebrated amongst the Hawthorn family, Hudson's Legends Guernsey carries on the original gold and brown 'V' design, while adding unique aspects to honour his time in the brown and gold.

The hawks number panel is ugly and ruins a really clean strip. Also with the amount of yellow in the guernsey, they could easily wear brown shorts with it and it would still work as a viable clash.

We have worn brown shorts with it twice in the past I believe. It looked fantastic both times.

You've spelt shit wrong. White number panels has always looked crap on light jumpers. They can work OK on darker jumpers though.

nah it looks good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide out there clashing with themselves. Putrid guernsey/shorts combo.

Adelaide have the same problem we used to have when we had 4 colours - the home jumper looks decent but every other design combo looks terrible.

Essendon and Adelaide has always been problematic, see this match. But you’re all quite correct in suggesting a yellow-based guernsey would be best when the Crows play away to Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda and Fremantle.

These matches may only happen twice a year but it’s not without precedent for teams to have a second alternate.
For example, Brisbane has a white jersey that has only been seen twice in the last two years.

Essendon and Adelaide has always been problematic, see this match. But you’re all quite correct in suggesting a yellow-based guernsey would be best when the Crows play away to Essendon, Melbourne, St Kilda and Fremantle.

These matches may only happen twice a year but it’s not without precedent for teams to have a second alternate.
For example, Brisbane has a white jersey that has only been seen twice in the last two years.
Adelaide had a white strip for years, but surely a white strip or yellow strip would be sufficient. I didn't think it was as bad of a clash as others I've seen but it's still ridiculous that it happens.

If Sydney or Gold Coast vs Essendon at home is acceptable then Crows in red shouldn't be an issue. Can't have it both ways.

Sydney now have a white based South Melbourne jumper for Vic so it's even less of a faux-issue. Gold Coast could wear either of their jumpers vs Essendon and it wouldn't be an issue either.

Any idea what will happen this week when North play Geelong? it is a North home game meaning they will be in mainly white, do Geelong even have a dark clash jersey?
The fact that we haven't seen an answer to this so far worries me

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back