Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Found this interesting
This is what the AFL needs but at same time need to do it right (one team all dark one all light)

Prior to the season, home teams are given a window of time to go on a portal called “LockerVision”and select which uniforms they will wear at home. After every home team makes its choices, the NBA opens the portal again for the road team to pick.

Full link:
Yeah, good read. It doesn't have to be as hard as we make it:

"Home teams pick which uniform they will wear at home and then the visiting team will choose a contrasting uniform."

That's really all it has to be, it's just up to the AFL to enforce it.

From the back, the only way to identify the jumper as Carlton is the sponsors. The average person on the street with any rudimentary knowledge of the AFL teams and team colours would rightfully believe it it a Giants strip.

I was outside when that game started but could still see the telly. I caught a glimpse and thought, well I keep doing what I'm doing because obviously the game hasn't started yet. Thinking they're still showing previous match ups. I reckon it was 10mins in when I thought, why the hell are they still showing GWS v Geelong match ups. So I went inside....... Oh I see.

I was outside when that game started but could still see the telly. I caught a glimpse and thought, well I keep doing what I'm doing because obviously the game hasn't started yet. Thinking they're still showing previous match ups. I reckon it was 10mins in when I thought, why the hell are they still showing GWS v Geelong match ups. So I went inside....... Oh I see.
AF3A0071-5A1D-4B72-9EC6-DEED1FC2E5E1.jpeg BE8F7625-5259-4A5C-A212-92601DDD925B.jpeg
They’re just not even similar aside from both having some orange.

I’d prefer they not wear this match up in a clash jumper but even that wouldn’t be the worst clash we’ve seen. Let alone enough to confuse the two teams in a different game.

So North v Bulldogs and Richmond v Carlton the two likely problem games this round?
North vs dogs won't be a problem if:
North in white shorts and dogs in blue shorts (don't give me the bs home shorts etc)

Richmond vs blues - if blues wear their white jumper- no issue. Although, it's a big 4 clash that the afl love to roll out the "traditional" jumpers and create issues with

North vs dogs won't be a problem if:
North in white shorts and dogs in blue shorts (don't give me the bs home shorts etc)

Richmond vs blues - if blues wear their white jumper- no issue. Although, it's a big 4 clash that the afl love to roll out the "traditional" jumpers and create issues with
So yeh neither of those things happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. The two teams can wear those guernseys and the away team can wear the white shorts.
Look, I’d prefer not but I still don’t think it would be the worst clash we’ve seen.

More to the original point it’s perplexing to me that anyone with a passing knowledge of football would have seen Carlton, in a navy jumper with a big white monogram and mistaken them for GWS.

That Demon away kit is my most hated in the comp. Not a fan of the blue

I've always liked Melbourne's 'Color TV' royal blue jumper with red yoke. I think it looks great, but each to their own. If you want to see a really bad Melbourne jumper, check out their silver 'tin-man' jumper of the late 2000s, that is one of the worst ever.

One other great jumper I haven't seen in years is the Brisbane Bears' 1992-1996 jumper, maroon in color with a gold and white vee. You still see it being worn in country and suburban leagues, but I haven't seen the Lions wear it for at least 20 years. I've seen them wear new jumpers inspired by the design, and on occasion the triangular BB jumper of the Bears' early years of 1987-1991, but not the jumper worn at the time of the merger.

I would love to see the Lions play games against Port Adelaide wearing the second Bears jumper in one, and a 1980s/1990s Fitzroy jumper in another, as Port obviously never played Fitzroy or the Bears.

To me Carlton v Richmond right now is a clash. Carlton should be in all lighter colours. ie in an all white strip. The inverse of their home jumper looks good and is a complete contrast to Richmond's black.

White shorts alone isn't enough to quickly and clearly segregate players easily in the run of play, tackles and scraps etc. It just looks busier on the field when Carltons white jumpers are hanging up somewhere unused.

Same as WCE v Hawks, the genius decision to have 2 yellow jumpers on the field. Hawks should be in white jumpers to match the shorts. Dark vs light.

Last edited:
Never gonna change until it costs them a game and a player says he thought it was a teammate.
If they wear it against freo and port then they need to wear it against Richmond collingwood and Essendon.

I just dont watch the games now (that game not even on free to air up here anyway today).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back