Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong-Korea.png

something like this but with a footy or life guard or something

imo I thought the bulldogs jerseys were a downgrade this year. Hoping to return to a red collar next year, made the jersey pop that nicely.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.35 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.35 pm.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.51 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 4.47.51 pm.png
    782.7 KB · Views: 83

image the support the Suns would have gotten if they were called the Sharks and were basically South Port massive boost as well from the Baby Shark bs as well could of have a great brand, kit and a lot more fans and probably higher caliber players and possibly better success
Higher caliber players as in draft picks or free agents? It's still based on the gold coast, I doubt the Southport or Sharks name would have any bearing on luring players as opposed to the 'SUNS'. As for draft picks, I don't think the name of the club has any bearing of homesick players wanting to return home

got bored and did up another set of jumpers a la what i did a few years back. jumpers are home-clash-third-heritage. dumped white shorts where unnecessary cause, well, the AFLW did so the AFLM should!

Adelaide
hot take but i prefer the 8 hoops to the 6 or 7 hoops - they just look too thick to me and the main issue with the current one is a sizing issue (and even then its a league wide problem - how the **** has no one done anything about it yet?). clash and third are red and yellow versions of the 2015-2019 clash (the home inverses didn't work with navy shorts + red/yellow shorts just didn't look right). heritage is, of course, the 1996-1998 preseason.
Adelaide.png

Brisbane
home is.....well the exact same. fitzroy/victoria kit has the blue cuffs and shorts while the bears/clash kit has the cerise instead of the home maroon. heritage is the 1956-1973 fitzroy kit.
Brisbane.png

Carlton
can't ever go wrong with good old navy blue. carlton the outline monogram clash is annoying! get rid of it! bring back the inverse like i did here! third is the baby blue jumper (at least they're in blue - baggers fans would you prefer the white or the baby blue as your clash?). heritage is the 1890-1913 jumper (pre-monogram era carlton! put a mini one above the sponsor cause i liked it)
Carlton.png

Collingwood
home is, naturally, the classic pre-2001 home. like with adelaide, the current stripes are just too thick so went back to the pre-2021 stripe thickness. clash is, of course, the inverse (can't go wrong with that!). third is the classic swoop that really needs to come back in its original glory. heritage is based off the 125th anniversary jumper in 2017 (and, for legal purposes, the 1953-1975 home jumper). pies fans will also be keen to observe a gold afl logo cause y'all won the flag in 2023.
Collingwood.png

Essendon
will essendon make any sort of remotely major change to their home jumper for the first time in (checks notes) 134 years? the answer is no. i decided to throw out their silly constitution and did a proper inverse as they should have done 15 years ago! third kit is one of my personal cult favourites which every other bombers fan hates (is there even one out there who liked the grey kit?). heritage is, shock horror to dons fans, the last home kit that didn't feature red and black! (whatever you do essendon supporters, don't look up hawthorn's 1905-1911 home kit).
Essendon.png

Footscray (F.K.A. Western Bulldogs)
change the name back! move the hoops further up! make the collar red! dump the silly clash they had and bring back the proper white inverse! bring back the full red kit as a third! make the 1975-1996 kit the heritage! come on its not that difficult.
Footscray.png

Fremantle
can't really go wrong with their current set now tbh. dumped the unnecessary sidepanels on the clash cause they look silly. #BringBackTheAnchor as a third. heritage is, naturally, the 1995-1997 away (and cause, like no one else uses green! - at least until the tassie team arrives).
Fremantle.png

Geelong
can't go wrong with the home or clash kits - thank you north for bringing back the white home! third is a two-tone hoops design i've seen done before and thought it looked really cool (based off the 1859-1862, 1865-1871 kits). heritage is based off the 1876-1881 kit, the first ever geelong kit to use hoops.
Geelong.png

Gold Coast
come on do a redesign already! home is a harlequin design which is a nod to SLSC caps (and i just realised could be seen as very stylised rays emerging from the sun logo). clash is blue but with a red and yellow hoop in the middle - looks like the sky, land, and sea of the GC. the logo gets a much needed simplification cause the current one is wayyyyy too complicated and cluttered with the white outline everywhere and the silly blue bit on the left (seriously, what is the point of the blue bit? does anyone have a genuine answer i'm actually curious). third is something i did recently but tidied it up - i hereby decree it the bert & ernie jumper (salute to those two legends!). heritage (GASP! yes, you saw right, the suns have been around long enough where they can have one!) is based off the 2009-2010 clash (because i wanted a predominantly yellow jumper).
Gold Coast.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greater Western Sydney
GWS apparently won't put a charcoal back on their home cause they are embracing the orange and 'orange team' moniker (tbf that some solid marketing and i respect that - Kelli Underwood really in hindsight was a genius coining that nickname!). in that case, go all out and make the home an orange version of the never surrender jumper - call it the 'orange team' jumper. clash (well 2nd kit actually) is the never surrender jumper - can't go wrong there. third is something i've wanted to do for ages - a canberra/ACT jumper in ACT colours! heritage is the legendary 2010 'Team GWS' home that everyone here has been calling for.
Greater Western Sydney.png

Hawthorn
dump the silly brown shoulder panels on the home! inverse is too class so it comes back as the clash. ditto the mustard pot as the third. heritage is the 1934-1949 jumper (i.e. the current cla- sorry 'legends' jumper but with a more accurate vee).
Hawthorn.png

Melbourne
can't go wrong with the home or clash - just dump the silly sponsor box and you're set. third is a nod to all the red clash jumpers from over the years.....well really the 2015 clash (why was it dropped? it was great and certainly a better choice for clash than the silly white one they had in 2017). heritage is the 1919-1924 jumper - outlined sponsor box on the front is meant to give it a bit of a 'retro' feel by simulating a sewn-on sponsor logo.
Melbourne.png

North Melbourne
home is, well you can't go wrong with it. clash is the return of the inverse that was used from 2011-2021. third is the bounding roo but with a mainly white back (like the 1995 preseason/clash). heritage is, of course, the 1925-1932 home.
North Melbourne.png

Port Adelaide
#bringbackthebars. the logo also makes a comeback. clash is based off a cartoon from 1994/1995 which depicted a hypothetical 'Port Adelaide Pirates' home jumper (Port being known as the Pirates/Raiders was a great idea and really what they should have gone with instead of the 'power' moniker which is a bit too abstract really - the power to what? the power to poo? - honestly, as an aside, the Port Adelaide Pears would've been a comically hilarious nickname - how many elite sporting teams are named after a fruit? not to mention the 'pear-shaped jokes' that would have inevitably been made whenever port produce comedically incompetent displays of football). third is the teal vees cause, well, teal is a cool colour anyway. heritage is the original 1997-2009 home.
Port Adelaide.png

Richmond
home and clash are really going to be their forever set after the 2017 flag. cut the sash off above the number + below the sponsor to create a point of difference with the bombers. third was inspired by a design i think by fancyscum or redcrow a few years ago? let's call it the 'tiger stripes' jumper (cause that's what it looks like). heritage is based off the 1887-1909 guernsey.
Richmond.png

St. Kilda
can't go wrong with the home, clash, and third - the traditional home, the candy stripes clash, and the legendary crusader third. heritage is based off the 1915-1918 WW1 jumper (interestingly, idk whether it was coincidental or not, but the stripes order from left to right is the order of the colours of the belgian flag - i was wondering why the red and black were swapped around and that may be the reason why).
St Kilda.png

Sydney
can't go wrong with the home or the south melbourne/victorian jumper. third is based off the original opera house jumper from 1987-1991 and the 2017-2021 clash while the heritage is the 1920-1922 home - the only ever jumper witha predominately red front.
Sydney.png

West Coast
home is the best. no way to improve perfection. ditto the clash - the golden wings inverse. third is, well, put simply, the greatest thing ever (please god west coast let this be the retro jumper for 2024 the sheer joy from the FJGD board will be incredible). heritage is the other option in the (definitely democratic and not-at-all rigged!) poll - the 1995-1999 home.
West Coast.png

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Looking for a favour from one of you talented people...

Could someone please slap together a design for St. Kilda clash that is basically an England flag...red cross on white, like a medieval crusader. Curious how it would look...

Cheers!

Full credit goes to Freight Train for the design and everything, I only changed the blue and added the sponsors, but I saw their design for another club's retro jumper and thought it could look good for gold coast.

View attachment 1847196
I like the idea.

Couple of proposed changes..

Thinner sashes
Red needs to be full across both shoulders, the blue doesn't quite work there.
Yellow sash thicker than the blue, maybe somewhere between 1.5 and 2x thicker.
Then the base colour of the guernsey (red) would be more pronounced.

Then for something out there..
Make the blue and yellow sashes end in "flame" ends to give it that Suns identity.

Like this different coloured shades of yellow and blue.

1699248659243.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back