Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've already showed off these designs before but I just figured it'd be nice to see how it looks with the various updates to the template and, of course, the gold AFL logo

iyPWusS.png
oO79dhB.png
YwrKiak.png
I didn't know whether I likes the white magpie or not but that black one is fire

Except white is a colour that can be associated with the Bears, and if designed well a white jumper can work.

I reckon for non-Vic interstate games, a Bears-inspired jumper should be worn.
White is also associated with Fitzroy (they used a white monogram for many years).

Pretty amazing that Fitzroy and Bears shared the exact same colours through their history, except for red that is.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fitzroy‘s and Bears original jumpers were just maroon and gold.

View attachment 1834784

Red back with white numbers, based off an AI-generated image of the notorious founder of AFL Information, Trade Rumours & Results :)
That looks awesome, dude. I think the Saints stuff could be a lot better with the colours they have, a lot more stylish, and there's just one example. I like the idea of a mostly white top with thin red, white, and black vertical racing stripes going down one side of the front.

Would work with a mostly black top with red and white raving stripes too, but the white stuff would look mint now that it's no-longer associated with umpires and ties in with the "Saint" concept (yes, I know that there's no real Saint in St Kilda - I know the history of the name - but still)

I didn't know whether I likes the white magpie or not but that black one is fire
fair enough it's still a bit of a work in progress at the moment but the idea was to try make a 'zoomed in' swooping magpie type design. Anything in particular you don't like about it that I should look to change in the future?

fair enough it's still a bit of a work in progress at the moment but the idea was to try make a 'zoomed in' swooping magpie type design. Anything in particular you don't like about it that I should look to change in the future?
I don't honestly know. It just looks better on black.

Maybe the magpie looks a little less cramped when it's not between the stripes and the design has room to breathe?

Maybe the magpie looks a little less cramped when it's not between the stripes and the design has room to breathe?
Personally I'm not sure which I really prefer. The white one is a bit of a homage to the 1927 design which I like, but I feel like the black one is more visually striking and feels much more Swoop-esque in a way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCS Jumper.png GWS Jumper.png
Someone with a bit more savvby than me, can mok these up ...

Top GC Suns Home and Away Jumpers

Second Set GWS Home and Away Jumpers, can someone do a better logo than my MS Paint skills?

View attachment 1842223View attachment 1842224
Someone with a bit more savvby than me, can mok these up ...

Top GC Suns Home and Away Jumpers

Second Set GWS Home and Away Jumpers, can someone do a better logo than my MS Paint skills?

The funny thing with those suns jumpers is, that would likely have been the design if the AFL were smart and used the gold coast (Southport) sharks as the expansion club.

A better jumper, better stadium location, a restaurant, pokies and hotel to fund the club and a successful on field culture.

A staggering miscalculation that was.

The funny thing with those suns jumpers is, that would likely have been the design if the AFL were smart and used the gold coast (Southport) sharks as the expansion club.

A better jumper, better stadium location, a restaurant, pokies and hotel to fund the club and a successful on field culture.

A staggering miscalculation that was.
Read this and the same principles are why the AFL wanted a new team not using one of the existing clubs on the Coast.

Basically, there was a fear that if the Sharks were the team that came in, anyone who didn't like the Sharks or were involved in other AFL clubs on the Gold Coast wouldn't support the new team.

Read this and the same principles are why the AFL wanted a new team not using one of the existing clubs on the Coast.

Basically, there was a fear that if the Sharks were the team that came in, anyone who didn't like the Sharks or were involved in other AFL clubs on the Gold Coast wouldn't support the new team.

Yeah I'm aware of the theory, however I really don't think it would have been an issue (especially post the first couple of years) and the positives would have far outweighed the negatives.

Yeah I'm aware of the theory, however I really don't think it would have been an issue (especially post the first couple of years) and the positives would have far outweighed the negatives.
You would think in time people would get over it (being a Southport expansion) and back them in if their name was Gold Coast.

Not like GC has been a raging success in 12 years anyway.

Last edited:

Same reason I think it was stupid to bring the "the Dolphins" into the NRL and also the thing that probably has hurt Port over the years too. People don't forget who they hate.

Gold Coast Surf

Have their club colours be light blue & gold with navy blue accents similar to the Gold Coast Titans.

Terrible, what's the mascot for surf???

For a start up, in a non footy location, you need the things like mascots etc for the young kids to buy into and get behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back