Just another Richmond failure

Remove this Banner Ad

Let us face the facts here by casting our mind back to the beginning of ths season. I reckon the majority of us knew that season 2012 will be a major challenge, particularly in the first few rounds of what appeared to be an unfavourable fixture. Admitedely, we absolutely surprised a couple of teams during this up and down season, yet were overwhelmed by teams we expected to win & YES, the Cairns match really hurt, as it has seriously snuffed out our faint chance of making the finals, and also confirmed that our list will be overhauled by several axings at season's end.
IMO, we can still salvage something from this season by winning at least another 3 matches (including a couple of major scalps), giving our boys sufficient confidence to make the 8 next season without excuses!!!

Great supporters you,ve got there tiges. You know the word "supporters". I haven,t seen the club I am a member of this year, missed the ballot for the Eagles game here , lived here quite a few years now, spent my first forty years in Melbourne , never ever leave the Hawks, win lose or draw, never. My sons are the same.
Congratulations. Happy for you. Maybe when you've followed a club that has made the finals twice in 30 years, you'll understand and you will be qualified to comment. We have 50,000 members through 30 years of shit. We have more genuine supporters than most clubs.
Most of us, have just had the shit beaten out of us for so long, it starts to hurt. I have hurt emotionally for a while now, but Saturday was the first time in my football supporting life where I actually felt physically sick and hurt. It's Monday, and I still feel sick about it. Noth so much the result, but they way in which we were 10 points up with 55 seconds to go against a side that hadn't won for 22 games and we stillmanage to throw it away.
You can only be hit with the disappointment stick for so long until you start to actually hurt from all the beatings.
You see, if we supporters could actually change clubs or stop following, we would. But we can't. It's in our blood and a lot of us are angry that we invest so much emotional energy into following this club. Trust me, if I could stop, I would. But like one of your own children, my love for this club is unconditional. It's just that sometimes, you need some time apart to continue the relationship and make it stronger.
I might not go to many more games this season, but that doesn't mean we are not supporters.
We have wonderful supporters in a way in which your club will never understand and for your sake, I am glad you will never have to go through what we have, and are continuing, to go through.
Until you can actually walk a mile in our shoes, your opinions on our support are irrelevant, because it is something you will never understand especially as your side waltzes into yet another finals campaign and perhaps a premiership. So forgive me if I completely dismiss your opinion on our level of support. It's not a criticism of you personally, but you and every other non-Richmond supporter simply have no ****ing idea how it feels to be us and to have so much emotional scarring to prove it.

....or you could've just reminded him that after not making finals for 10 years and only twice in 30 years, including multiple wooden spoons, probably the least succesful era of any club since University, we currently have a record membership of 50,000 whilst in contrast, at Hawthorn, a mere 5 years after their 1991 flag and an era that saw them win 8 flags in 20 years including 7 consectutive grand final appearances - probably the most succesful era of any club since pre-war Collingwood - a third of their membership voted to merge with Melbourne.

Great supporters you,ve got there tiges. You know the word "supporters". I haven,t seen the club I am a member of this year, missed the ballot for the Eagles game here , lived here quite a few years now, spent my first forty years in Melbourne , never ever leave the Hawks, win lose or draw, never. My sons are the same.

i had a look on the 'orrible 'awks board the night of the richmond game & many of your "supporters" were reacting in a similar way

aaahhh yes ...

i banned myself for 48 hours from these boards after Saturday nights game and it was an incredibly wise thing to do IMHO

As soon as Maric was out i called a loss .

10 out in 2 weeks . all forced by injury , poor form , suspension or rampant idiocy. Not 1 inclusion due to beating down the door @ Coburg with great form. We are not good enough yet to be able to weather a storm like that yet. Plain and simple

10 stop gap inclusions plugging the holes in the dyke .

After JR our next marking forward is TV and Miller was the stop gap .... we are being forced to play Luke Mc Guane :rolleyes:.

3 crucial midfield rotations out in Martin , Foley and Jackson , back up in White gone as well this week .Graham in for Maric ...LMAO

Writing was on the wall and in the cold hard light of day that is the fact of the matter .

People can brow beat and carry on like 2 bob watches .."worst loss ever" etc. ... Very , very disappointing , yes ... worst loss ever ? not even close .

I'll put my house on us this week ... im calling it early (depending on the inclusions) ... Put Martin , Maric and Jackson back in hopefully along with 1-2 others and we will smash north .

This week will be the turning point in our history

aaahhh yes ...

i banned myself for 48 hours from these boards after Saturday nights game and it was an incredibly wise thing to do IMHO

10 out in 2 weeks . all forced by injury , poor form , suspension or rampant idiocy. Not 1 inclusion due to beating down the door @ Coburg with great form. We are not good enough yet to be able to weather a storm like that yet. Plain and simple

After JR our next marking forward is TV and Miller was the stop gap .... we are being forced to play Luke Mc Guane :rolleyes:.

3 crucial midfield rotations out in Martin , Foley and Jackson , back up in White gone as well this week .Graham in for Maric ...LMAO

Writing was on the wall and in the cold hard light of day that is the fact of the matter .

People can brow beat and carry on like 2 bob watches .."worst loss ever" etc. ... Very , very disappointing , yes ... worst loss ever ? not even close .

I'll put my house on us this week ... im calling it early (depending on the inclusions) ... Put Martin , Maric and Jackson back in hopefully along with 1-2 others and we will smash north .

Very nice work! A fair dinkum Churchillian post...I'm with you all the way. And I'm getting to see the point of post #1 in this thread, but it took another 354 to get there:D
The foot on the throat of Ess is very similar to the foot on throat of GC. We've gotta find a way to close these games out. It'll come, I'm sure with better personnel (as you point out) and a steel borne out of these tough lessons.

Considering we are still only 1 game outside the 8 and have a healthy percentage by our standards we should leave the judgment till the end of the year. Sure we lost to GC, sure it was humiliating but hell they were due for a win and deserved it despite what a lot of people would say. Im still confident our season isn't over yet with 7 games to go anything can happen.

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
Arse kicked by Karmichael
By the youngest team that ever has been

But I don't give a $%#&
'Cause its all been seen before and said
These are the days
When you wish your footy team was dead

*It's just another Richmond failure
I wish it was draft week
'Cause that's my funweek
My we-will-make-finals-next-year week
It's just another Richmond failure

Have to drink for the pain
Gunna finish on the ladder at nine
And people say I am insane
'Cause I pick us to win every time

'Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out finals are done
Blame it on the coach
And a midfield that was just dumb

*It's just another Richmond failure
I wish it was draft week
'Cause that's my funweek
My we-will-make-finals-next-year week
It's just another Richmond failure

Nice work. I was thinking more along the lines of this though (but unedited - feel free to modify it anybody)....

Peter Garrett said:
Let's begin, I am ready, let's begin
Sell my soul to him
Shed my skin, I just wanna she'd my skin
I don't wanna sell my soul to him
Mechanize, city bursts and farmers die
They cry
Sleep face down in a goods train heading south in the rain

In this world I often think you understand me
In these words I often think you'd recognise me
'Cos I just wanna swim with the fish in the sea
And I want faith to heal so that I can be clean

America's great now
If you don't talk back
You hide your face
Crawl in rubble and smile and scorn
At that snail-paced creature
Going up and down walls

Celebrate, I just want to celebrate
I'm not going to sell my soul to him
When you look right in

LMAO @ an article about the bloke who was running the Fukashima Nuclear Plant being on the box as a type this....

aaahhh yes ...

Thats it , thats it.

aaahhh yes ...

If we can play like we did earlier in the year and at least put 4 good quarters together then we can win. But if we play like we did against the Suns the Roos will take us to the cleaners IMO and may get messy. They are in good form and will be hard to stop.

Who the **** do you think you are coming on here telling us what is and what isnt a supporter when your a ****ing Hawthorn supporter, I see you live in Perth .. whooopdeee ****ing doooo you moron.

Learn a bit of supporter history before trying to big note yourself, we are great supporters, the club is ****ing lucky to have us pay our memberships every year and keep coming back when we are mocked by all every year, Richmond would no longer exist if it wasnt for its supporters, 50,000 members after 32 years without success and in that time played in 3 finals series and you think we arent supporters?

The game on the weekend is one we constantly see at Richmond, a game we dread every year, there is no excuse for losing to a team that hasnt won a game in 22 matches, there no excuse the club can give us for such a piss weak effort, but guess what buddy after a few days we will bounce back up and although we say we wont be there next week, well I bet you my left nut we will turn up to the match, or flick on the TV or turn on the radio even after being kicked in the guts and embarrassed and you know why? because we love this shithouse club more than anyone, Hawthorn fans have got nothing on us buddy, we would piss in your pocket and shit on your head.

Get ****ed ya moron :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the **** do you think you are coming on here telling us what is and what isnt a supporter when your a ******* Hawthorn supporter, I see you live in Perth .. whooopdeee ******* doooo you moron.

Learn a bit of supporter history before trying to big note yourself, we are great supporters, the club is ******* lucky to have us pay our memberships every year and keep coming back when we are mocked by all every year, Richmond would no longer exist if it wasnt for its supporters, 50,000 members after 32 years without success and in that time played in 3 finals series and you think we arent supporters?

The game on the weekend is one we constantly see at Richmond, a game we dread every year, there is no excuse for losing to a team that hasnt won a game in 22 matches, there no excuse the club can give us for such a piss weak effort, but guess what buddy after a few days we will bounce back up and although we say we wont be there next week, well I bet you my left nut we will turn up to the match, or flick on the TV or turn on the radio even after being kicked in the guts and embarrassed and you know why? because we love this shithouse club more than anyone, Hawthorn fans have got nothing on us buddy, we would piss in your pocket and shit on your head.

Get ****** ya moron :thumbsu:

:')

Sorry Birdman end of rant, but watched 360 and on the couch tonight and I'm just pissed off and gutted once again, then I come on here and read this garbage for a Hawthorn fan telling us we arent supporters. FFS.
nah mate your good .. had a bit of a giggle when i read the bold .. but fully agree with the rant any other club including the dawks would have fallen away and merged by now ... i like to think we have faith in our club not support and those outside that faith will never understand

Dare i say it ...

We are mental minions who get monstered every time the acid is on .

Stevie J and Selwood made us look silly .

Sure , our club has made a lot of inroads off field and thats a massive part of it but the fact is ..."on field" the same frailties that have always existed are still there .

Last year we won games against opposition because we caught teams off guard ... zero expectation , fast forward 12 months and it stands out like dogs balls . As soon as there is any weight of expectation put on our list we crack .

We have some talent of that there is no doubt , does our history and culture and more directly our current footy Dept. have the nouse to get the best out of it and be successful ??? This is the question .

Please . im not being unbalanced here ... Ive said all year that whatever we do this year we will only improve on next year , but last night showed that we have a shitload of work to do above the shoulders . Leadership is the major issue . Cotch is a great leader in the "Ablett" mould but as far as strength and enforcers go ? ... We all saw the answers of where we are at last night ...

Last night was just "another Richmond Failure" ;)

Dare i say it ...

Sure , our club has made a lot of inroads off field and thats a massive part of it but the fact is ..."on field" the same frailties that have always existed are still there .

Last year we won games against opposition because we caught teams off guard ... zero expectation , fast forward 12 months and it stands out like dogs balls . As soon as there is any weight of expectation put on our list we crack .

We have some talent of that there is no doubt , does our history and culture and more directly our current footy Dept. have the nouse to get the best out of it and be successful ??? This is the question .

Please . im not being unbalanced here ... Ive said all year that whatever we do this year we will only improve on next year , but last night showed that we have a shitload of work to do above the shoulders . Leadership is the major issue . Cotch is a great leader in the "Ablett" mould but as far as strength and enforcers go ? ... We all saw the answers of where we are at last night ...

The truth is that you are right. We are just not good enough to be a serious team.

To be honest I predicted we would be hammered and was not remotely surprised that we coughed up a lead. Geelong are a tough battle hardened group of winners. We are a talented but frail team with bad vertigo when we get anyway high. Fact is we remain a soft touch for real top 4 propositions.

The truth is that you are right. We are just not good enough to be a serious team.

To be honest I predicted we would be hammered and was not remotely surprised that we coughed up a lead. Geelong are a tough battle hardened group of winners. We are a talented but frail team with bad vertigo when we get anyway high. Fact is we remain a soft touch for real top 4 propositions.
It'll come . You were playing Geelong. My mob thought we had them on ice too but no way, and we are supposedly contenders. Well Adelaide looked pretty good yesterday , we looked shabby.

It doesn't take five minutes , I know Richmond have been waiting a while, but it'll turn around when something clicks Footy is funny like that. It just happens . Geelong needs working out though , what the hell happens when they get really good.
Everyone has to look 6 to 8 weeks down the track. Then then true colours will show. Maybe Geelong a too good to early. They are humans you know.

Who the **** do you think you are coming on here telling us what is and what isnt a supporter when your a ******* Hawthorn supporter, I see you live in Perth .. whooopdeee ******* doooo you moron.

Learn a bit of supporter history before trying to big note yourself, we are great supporters, the club is ******* lucky to have us pay our memberships every year and keep coming back when we are mocked by all every year, Richmond would no longer exist if it wasnt for its supporters, 50,000 members after 32 years without success and in that time played in 3 finals series and you think we arent supporters?

Get screwed ya moron :thumbsu:
That was a good post. I'll keep it in mind. I hope your still here . Remember when your club gets up and gets consistant you'll have years of good times out of it. Any way neighbours are allowed to throw empty bottles over the fence :thumbsu:

Dare i say it ...

our soft underbelly is still there for all to see

our soft underbelly is still there for all to see
Stevie J and Selwood provided an absolute masterclass in how to undo a mentally fragile football team .

Our Football dept. needs to spend a good 48 hours with our whole list going over that last 10 minutes of the second quarter and rub their noses in it as one would with with a puppy that shits on the carpet to make sure it never happens again .

We cannot learn enough from that little passage of football ... Two players single-handedly through nouse , brilliance and experience turned a football game around on their own . Be great test for Dimma and Co. to quickly erase the demons and get us back on track

I think we are, in a way, a victim of our own 'competiveness' last year.
Stay with me while I try to explain.
Our biggest losing margin last year was 22 points vs Freo in perth. By anyone's standards that is remarkably competitive. Even Hawthorn suffered a huge loss last year (ironically by 72 to Richmond) and North Melbourne (a finals combatant) lost by over 100. I remember Geelong touching up Collingwood by 96 the year the Pies won the flag.
The point I am trying to make is that last year's incredibly competitive season was never going to be maintained. Already we have lost by 34 to Collingwood and now 44 to Geelong.
I think what disappoints me, and all of us, is that we probably expected the side to be able to beat a Collingwood or a Geelong. That one-point loss last week is looking very costly now.
So we are probably a victim of our own expectation in a way, that was brought on by last year. I think some of got sucked into thinking we will never be heavily beaten again, which is simply impossible.
I'm really disappointed today. We got outclassed by a side that was supposedly having its window shut. What Chris Scott has had the luxury of doing (and full credit to him for doing it) is that he has brought in the likes of Smedts, Horlin-Smith, Duncan, Christensen and Guthrie to play with some of the champions of the game and learn from them. And he hasn't just thrown them all in together, too. he's introduced them one by one and then given them a spell so that the overall performance of the team doesn't suffer. it's shrewd player management by Geelong, but it's also a luxury they could afford. We haven't had that luxury.
And while champions such as Scarlett, Ling, Ottens etc have retired, they have planned for it and brought in some talented kids to learn from them while they can.
Once again, we simply don't have that luxury and I think many of us (perhaps including the coach) have underestimated just how difficult our rebuild of three years ago was going to be.

It'll come . You were playing Geelong. My mob thought we had them on ice too but no way, and we are supposedly contenders. Well Adelaide looked pretty good yesterday , we looked shabby.

It doesn't take five minutes , I know Richmond have been waiting a while, but it'll turn around when something clicks Footy is funny like that. It just happens . Geelong needs working out though , what the hell happens when they get really good.
Everyone has to look 6 to 8 weeks down the track. Then then true colours will show. Maybe Geelong a too good to early. They are humans you know.
Agreed and thanks for the input- it WILL click some time soon, I think the talent is there. Yes, undoubtedly there are still a number of passengers, but overall, we should be able to compete with the Cats, Hawks etc and have some wins against them. LAst night, injuries without any doubt played a major part, as did ill discipline. But it will click eventually, maybe even later this season.

Geez idy, whilst im enraged at a third successive loss...last I checked Geelong havent lost a game this season (6-0) and are a firm flag fav and were 1-3 on last night. we're on a mission to make the 8, not sure losing to Geelong should derail that:confused: bugga me, youd be claiming a fellas career's over after a l;oss to Roger Federer...get some perspective pal

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another Richmond failure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back