Just hand the flamin flag to the pies and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pies were pushed by both Carlton and essendon (both of whom will get better as the season progresses) and have yet to play any of the other top 8 contenders and you're already handing them the flag??? A lot can happen in football.

What a stupid thread.

Geelong have beaten Freo at home, Sydney at home, St Kilda and Hawthorn. All teams talked up as challengers pre-season.

Collingwood have beaten Carlton (most overrated team in the comp) and Essendon.
lol, good attempt to build up your club as a big scalp but last time I checked Carlton are above you, you only sit half a game ahead of Essendon who also had no trouble beating St Kilda who is no big scalp anymore

Sydney? Oh come on and Freo are like the Dogs, never going to be a true challenger

There is not much between the Hawks, Dogs, Dockers, Bombers and Blues, but none are true challengers

Besides we thrashed Port Adelaide who managed to do what the Hawks cant and beat the Crows, so maybe Port should be a contender as well? :D

What a stupid thread.

Geelong have beaten Freo at home, Sydney at home, St Kilda and Hawthorn. All teams talked up as challengers pre-season.

Collingwood have beaten Carlton (most overrated team in the comp) and Essendon.

Freo were not talked up as challengers. yet they will be the only team to finish above both Carlton and Essendon.

Sydney, were shorter to miss the 8 than make it at start of the year.

St.Kilda are gone.

Hawthorn are ordinary (they have only beaten WestCoast - 16th last year, Richmond 15th last year and Melbourne 12th last year). They lose when up against average sides.

Carlton and Essendon are bigger scalps than Sydney, St.Kilda and Hawthorn.

1999 Bombers, 2004 Saints, 2006 Crows and 2008 Cats say hello.
And the best thing about that is that Collingwood should learn from the mistakes of other teams in past seasons. History can teach us all valuable lessons, and I'm sure that Collingwood is very aware that it is about performing most when it matters. I don't think Collingwood will make the mistakes that those teams made, although I'm unsure why you mention the Crows of 2006.

They weren't even the top team that year and had won ony three of their last eight matches which included a 14 goal thrashing by eventual premiers West Coast in Round 17. The 2004 St.Kilda team weren't any better either. That year the Saints won only seven of their last fifteen matches which included a 13 goal loss to Brisbane in the Qualifying Final. Why mention either of those two teams? :confused: Neither of them were anywhere near as good as this Collingwood team.

lol, good attempt to build up your club as a big scalp but last time I checked Carlton are above you, you only sit half a game ahead of Essendon who also had no trouble beating St Kilda who is no big scalp anymore

Sydney? Oh come on and Freo are like the Dogs, never going to be a true challenger

There is not much between the Hawks, Dogs, Dockers, Bombers and Blues, but none are true challengers

Besides we thrashed Port Adelaide who managed to do what the Hawks cant and beat the Crows, so maybe Port should be a contender as well? :D

I disagree with your comment re: Freo not being a contender. If we had kicked straight against Geelong, we would be 2nd on the ladder.

Pies have been sensational- no doubt about it. However, an injury to a key player or two like a lot of the rest of us have copped would probably level things a bit as they've had an extremely good run in this department. I still also think the Cats would give em a run for their money too as they've beaten better teams so far.

You know like certain teams match up better on Collingwood, you guys got flogged in the prelim, i'm not sure where i said Fremantle will challenge? and Hawthorn beat the Pies last year.

Geelong also beat Collingwood last year.

Geelong smashed the Pies in the previous years prelim, yet it didn't stop the Pies coming back winning the GF last year.

Hawks and Geelong round out the big 3. Hawks are widely inconsistent and can not win without Buddy playing big games, but that's possible at the pointy end.
Geelong I still think are off the pace a little but definitely capable if they can get ahead in the midfield. But if they still try and play that corridor footy against the Pies they'll get cleaned up again.

And the best thing about that is that Collingwood should learn from the mistakes of other teams in past seasons. History can teach us all valuable lessons, and I'm sure that Collingwood is very aware that it is about performing most when it matters. I don't think Collingwood will make the mistakes that those teams made, although I'm unsure why you mention the Crows of 2006.

They weren't even the top team that year and had won ony three of their last eight matches which included a 14 goal thrashing by eventual premiers West Coast in Round 17. The 2004 St.Kilda team weren't any better either. That year the Saints won only seven of their last fifteen matches which included a 13 goal loss to Brisbane in the Qualifying Final. Why mention either of those two teams? :confused: Neither of them were anywhere near as good as this Collingwood team.

You are a fool. Were you around in 2004 when St Kilda won 10 straight and were being touted as premiers, and Adelaide were regarded as even better by around Round 17 2006. You are looking at this with hindsight...which is dumb :thumbsu:

Seriously i can't see any team troubling the pies this year. They are just to bloody good with superstars on every line.

Its hard to say it but they will become the first team to win every game for the season :thumbsdown:

agreed...

• 0.5 of a game on top of the ladder
  • 2 attempts to win the grand final

1. Port Adelaide (Etihad)
  2. North Melbourne (Etihad)
  3. Carlton (MCG)
  4. Richmond (MCG)
  5. Essendon (MCG)

The "juggernaut" rolls on.

Absolutely mind blowing record there from the Pies - undefeated or sure.
Give them the flag now :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed...

• 0.5 of a game on top of the ladder
  • 2 attempts to win the grand final

1. Port Adelaide (Etihad)
  2. North Melbourne (Etihad)
  3. Carlton (MCG)
  4. Richmond (MCG)
  5. Essendon (MCG)

The "juggernaut" rolls on.

Absolutely mind blowing record there from the Pies - undefeated or sure.
Give them the flag now :thumbsu:

Its hard to beat teams that you havent been drawn against yet... :rolleyes:

alf.jpg
bite his face!

Freo were not talked up as challengers. yet they will be the only team to finish above both Carlton and Essendon.

Sydney, were shorter to miss the 8 than make it at start of the year.

St.Kilda are gone.

Hawthorn are ordinary (they have only beaten WestCoast - 16th last year, Richmond 15th last year and Melbourne 12th last year). They lose when up against average sides.

Carlton and Essendon are bigger scalps than Sydney, St.Kilda and Hawthorn.

OK then. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to fight the Geelong corner, I feel dirty doing so, but what a crock.

Carlton are not a scalp, who have they beaten?

Sydney and Freo at home are two of the toughest trips in the game when they are average, let alone when they are playing well.

What a stupid post on so many levels.

Im not building my club up at all, I am still not sure where we sit. Our best is awesome but we are still incredibly inconsistent. But this isn't about Hawthorn.

Geelong have beaten better opponents than Collingwood have. I'm not saying Collingwood are not playing well, Im just responding to the OP.

God some of you Pies fans are precious. Heaven forbid someone even slightly questions that the Pies are an "unbeatable juggernaut"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back