Just hand the flamin flag to the pies and be done with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITT- bulldogs fan realizes dogs suck and have no chance of winning a flag this year so he labels Collingwood unbeatable...
Hawks, Geelong, Freo, Essendon and Carlton all have the capabilities to win this year.

lol, we are in cruise mode at the moment, Essendon and Carlton supporters are getting way aheah of themselves if they think they will be within 10 goals of us it he second half of the year.

The only team I think we should be afraid of is Geelong, ther list may be in decline but are still a champion team that if remains intact at the end of the year may have the depth and quality on every line to legitimatley challenge. All the other sides are hiding to many dribblers who will be exposed come the buisiness end of the year.

This sentiment comes from the media school of judging everything on whats happened over the last month.

Go back less than 12 months to the middle of 2010 and there was considerable doubt amongst most pundits about whether Collingwood would ever bridge the gap that existed between them and Geelong and St Kilda

Things change quickly in footy. All I would say at this stage is we are looking a good chance of finishing top 4 and if we do we will be a contender. There isnt much between the top sides and it is more likely we wont win the flag this year than we will

Can a Collingwood supporter please explain to me this myth that Collingwood are in 'cruise mode' right now ?

Can a Collingwood supporter please explain to me this myth that Collingwood are in 'cruise mode' right now ?

"We don't want to be at 100 per cent," Malthouse said.
"We don't want that in May because you can't sustain it.
"We're playing April football, thankfully, and we're playing better April football than we did last year."
The three-time premiership coach said the Magpies were perfectly placed to secure back-to-back flags and he wouldn't stress about their form.
"Our goal is to get through April and assess," he said.
"If we were playing late-August football right now, believe me, it will run out by June and we'll be a shadow of what we should be," Malthouse said.

Even a casual observer can see that Collingwood aren't playing anywhere near the intensity they did during finals last year. The full on press isn't being utilised yet and we're content to let teams score heavily against us and just win by a few goals for now. Essendon are a side that are going balls to the wall and have been since the NAB Cup, they'll be buggered by round 12 and drop off right when we're beginning to get ready to ramp it up a bit.

I don't really know why nobody rates Carlton. Sitting in a pretty good position as far as I'm concerned. Do they need to knock off Sydney at the SCG to get crediblity?

All I can say is, put LOTS of money on a Blues / Storm premiership double my friends. You can't lose.

See words like 'cruise mode' and 'sit back' imply that the Pies are purposely playing under their limitations. It doesn't seem to hold a lot of weight and just sounds like cocky supporters claiming invincibility. Have you explored the possibility that you aren't blowing teams away because they haven't allowed you to?

Not saying Collingwood aren't a superior team, they obviously are, but I don't think they're doing it as easy as some supporters like to believe.

See words like 'cruise mode' and 'sit back' imply that the Pies are purposely playing under their limitations. It doesn't seem to hold a lot of weight and just sounds like cocky supporters claiming invincibility. Have you explored the possibility that you aren't blowing teams away because they haven't allowed you to?

Not saying Collingwood aren't a superior team, they obviously are, but I don't think they're doing it as easy as some supporters like to believe.

We've had 3 70+ wins so far and have percentage of 177%. We didn't blow Carlton or Essendon away because they're pretty good sides and they both treated the game against us like a Grand Final. Carlton always get up for us and wanted to spoil our flag unveiling and Essendon under James Hird would've wanted an Anzac Day win badly. We know we'll be hunted and we're the biggest scalp going around at the moment, every team wants to be the one to topple us, we're doing what a good side does and notching up the W's without hitting our real straps.

dead rubber or not, you could tell watching the last quarter that the pies were desperate to win
Are you talking about Round 22 last year? :eek: It was a practice match for Collingwood and therefore played at about 70% intensity against a team that had to win. During the last quarter when four goals in front, Collingwood put the cue in the rack and went into self-preservation mode in preparation for the finals. Hawthorn were then able to get back into the match, but despite that, Collingwood's wasteful kicking and an easy miss by Dayne Beams from 35 metres with 30 seconds to go was the reason Hawthorn won.
We were a rabble throught September last year when the Thompson/Ablett drama was playing out.
Maybe so, but Geelong still had Gary Ablett at least and he was Geelong's best player in the Preliminary Final.
Still think Cats best is competitions best.
Geelong's best is behind Collingwood's best. They're definitely invigorated by Chris Scott as I thought they would be, but the average age of their team so far this season is still 27 years, so by October that will be about 27 years and 6 months. I don't think a team that old has ever won a premiership before because it's very difficult to maintain form when playing so many oldies later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sub rule has to a degree bought them back to the pack.

Will be interesting to see how they go against the Doggies, who I feel are still a quality unit.

Richmond and Essendon have both landed some blows this year.

Just remember, collingwood had a long overdue good run with injury late last year with their key players. Which is what you generally need to win the flag. All it would take is for a Cloke and a swan, or a shaw and a didak or a jolly and a pendlebury and the pies come down a tier to the rest of the pack. But still a dam good team capable of beating anyone on their day! Long way to go in 2011 remember footy does evolve, teams gain and lose form!!

Just remember, collingwood had a long overdue good run with injury late last year with their key players. Which is what you generally need to win the flag.
The main reason that Collingwood were able to field a nearly full strength team last season was due to great player management and recovery and preparation facilities at the Westpac Centre. David Buttifant did a great job of getting the players ready to play each week, and I don't expect that to change this year because he is very good.
All it would take is for a Cloke and a swan, or a shaw and a didak or a jolly and a pendlebury and the pies come down a tier to the rest of the pack.
Oh please. :rolleyes: All teams are equal regarding injuries, so if all teams equally suffer injuries, then Collingwood is still ahead of the rest.
But still a dam good team capable of beating anyone on their day! Long way to go in 2011 remember footy does evolve, teams gain and lose form!!
With all things being equal, then Collingwood are the deserved premiership favourites at this time of the season. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Does not help when Collingwood play every game at the MCG.

Going out on a limb and saying St Kilda will regroup, come back up the ladder, make the grand final and beat Collingwood. Revenge is sweet.

Brendon Goddard needs to play his best and they need to attack more, none of that defensive crap.

Also Fremantle can beat Collingwood.

Perhaps with 3 I/C the intensity of last year isn't as sustainable so they don't blow out sides they just win it..
Plenty of teams can still get their shit together before seasons end, a lot of sides are still inexperienced.

Does not help when Collingwood play every game at the MCG.

Going out on a limb and saying St Kilda will regroup, come back up the ladder, make the grand final and beat Collingwood. Revenge is sweet.

Brendon Goddard needs to play his best and they need to attack more, none of that defensive crap.

Also Fremantle can beat Collingwood.
Playing that card. Please...

Is it our fault we are the highest attended club & teams request to play us at the G so they can make money off us? Was it not Essendon that sold out for more $$$ & move to Etihad? If you had of stayed at the G Essendon would have as many games as we do, so save your arguement.

Freo will not beat Collingwood. Geelong are the only team capable at this stage.

Not sure what people are on about, seriously, the pies started pre season training 2 MONTHS LATER than every other side bar the saints.

We are not playing full intensity, not in form, not 100% fit, thats obvious, you can clearly see the game plan has changed to limit the work rate and will allow the side to increase the work load as the season progresses into finals.

We get challenged, go up a gear and win games, thats what good sides do.

All this Essendon Carlton bs is a joke, they are both playing at 100% intensity and are in about top gear, things will change come the business end and I think most people who know a little about footy understand the pie machine is still warming up.

Once we meet sides when we are up at 100% full on intensity they will get absolutely smashed to bits.

Geelong and Hawks are the ones I am watching, both have the list to challenge, but lack pace.

agreed...

• 0.5 of a game on top of the ladder
  • 2 attempts to win the grand final

1. Port Adelaide (Etihad)
  2. North Melbourne (Etihad)
  3. Carlton (MCG)
  4. Richmond (MCG)
  5. Essendon (MCG)

The "juggernaut" rolls on.

Absolutely mind blowing record there from the Pies - undefeated or sure.
Give them the flag now :thumbsu:

Whilst thoughtfully pointing out we drew the grand final, I note you failed to mentioned we won every other finals game convincingly last year. We haven't played that well this year and are still 5-0, albeit we've hardly had a tough run. Reminds me of Geelong a little - even when not playing great footy still only need 15mins of good footy to win games. I think when there's a need for us to turn it on and step up a notch we'll do it. Round 8 will be a cracker!

I thought the same about Geelong in 2008, but look what happened. Pies are beatable, and they havn't got the flag in the bag yet, long way to go.

Are you talking about Round 22 last year? :eek: It was a practice match for Collingwood and therefore played at about 70% intensity against a team that had to win. During the last quarter when four goals in front, Collingwood put the cue in the rack and went into self-preservation mode in preparation for the finals. Hawthorn were then able to get back into the match, but despite that, Collingwood's wasteful kicking and an easy miss by Dayne Beams from 35 metres with 30 seconds to go was the reason Hawthorn won.Maybe so, but Geelong still had Gary Ablett at least and he was Geelong's best player in the Preliminary Final.Geelong's best is behind Collingwood's best. They're definitely invigorated by Chris Scott as I thought they would be, but the average age of their team so far this season is still 27 years, so by October that will be about 27 years and 6 months. I don't think a team that old has ever won a premiership before because it's very difficult to maintain form when playing so many oldies later in the season.

:confused: 27 is not old mate.

Premierships are won on grand final day. not in round 5. Collingwood aren't even guaranteed a spot there until they have to win a prelim, if they get there. Could be freos year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back