K Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you condense that for me, all I have heard is that the players played a role in getting rid of him. Then the players denied it
Talk that there were less than a handful of players that Sando regularly talked with at one extreme and that he didn't talk to any junior guys at the other (sort of explains none of our young guys coming on).

One of the Adelaide posters made the interesting observation that not one adelaide player had tweeted anything about Sando (no goodbye, nothing) since the sacking.

As a Sydney supporter, it's okay I understand if you're not aware of every detail of AFL history.

Before becoming a big SWANS player. Kurt was in the ADELAIDE system for FIVE years where he received crucial training and expererience to become the player he is today. KURT has also 104 games of AFL experience with the ADELAIDE CROWS (the team from Adelaide who wear red, blue and yellow, not to be confused with the other team from Adelaide who are playing tomorrow night).

I hope that explains it for you, let me know if you need to know anything more about AFL.
They trained him to be 203cm???
My respect for Adelaide has grown.

As a Sydney supporter, it's okay I understand if you're not aware of every detail of AFL history.

Before becoming a big SWANS player. Kurt was in the ADELAIDE system for FIVE years where he received crucial training and expererience to become the player he is today. KURT has also 104 games of AFL experience with the ADELAIDE CROWS (the team from Adelaide who wear red, blue and yellow, not to be confused with the other team from Adelaide who are playing tomorrow night).

I hope that explains it for you, let me know if you need to know anything more about AFL.
They trained him to be 203cm???
My respect for Adelaide has grown.

Talk that there were less than a handful of players that Sando regularly talked with at one extreme and that he didn't talk to any junior guys at the other (sort of explains none of our young guys coming on).

One of the Adelaide posters made the interesting observation that not one adelaide player had tweeted anything about Sando (no goodbye, nothing) since the sacking.
Yeah I read that somewhere also. Seems weird there was no thanking of him. He seemed like a good speaker from an outside observer. But its hard to know what happens inside a footy club and his interpersonal skills.

Always been a fan of Merc Tippett, back when he kicked that 7 against that team that is in deep legal trouble now. He has a real presence up forward, he doesn't just work the defence over with his contested marking but he's agile and good at ground level for a guy his size too, really complements the multi-million dollar forward line well. I reckon Josh Gibson is going to have to be everywhere double-teaming them on Sat, especially if Hungry is left one-out with Lake.

Would have to be the highest paid for actual return.

Takes the odd mark, kicks the odd goal, provides a contest.

But at a million or year if that's true, I doubt there's ever been a more overpaid player.
Funny how every guys take home suddenly goes thru the roof when someone wants to have a cheap shot at them :rolleyes:

He's on a bit more than Mitch Clark and a hellova lot less than Travis Cloke....and cost sweet bugger all in exchange.
Take from that anything u want.
Despite all the bullshit, there isnt a club in the AFL that wouldnt do the same deal right now.

I think Kurt will be the first casualty when the salary cap is brought back in line with other clubs.
Can't see that his output would save him in the new order of things. He would be an unjustifiable luxury in the forward line.
Franklin would then have to take on more work load to match his salary. Not an unreasonable request from the Swans.

Funny how every guys take home suddenly goes thru the roof when someone wants to have a cheap shot at them :rolleyes:

He's on a bit more than Mitch Clark and a hellova lot less than Travis Cloke....and cost sweet bugger all in exchange.
Take from that anything u want.
Despite all the bullshit, there isnt a club in the AFL that wouldnt do the same deal right now.

No.

I think Kurt will be the first casualty when the salary cap is brought back in line with other clubs.
Can't see that his output would save him in the new order of things. He would be an unjustifiable luxury in the forward line.
Franklin would then have to take on more work load to match his salary. Not an unreasonable request from the Swans.
Nah - Goodes is going to play on for $100k. Kurt will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is it rolled back? Sick of this COLA BS...

Highly rate him still remember his prelim for the crows against the hawks few years back.
Unfair to judge him solely on his output vs hawthorn, Im guessing out of the 60 odd goals hes kicked for sydney in 25 games about half are against us.

I watch him every freaking other game and i see a guy who's got the mobility of a ruckman and plays as tall as Boomer Harvey, fumbling marks, being exploited with the rebound. Then starts playing hawthorn and he looks like Stuart Loewe's 200cm son who got outside help from his dad on how to kick.

Unfair to judge him solely on his output vs hawthorn, Im guessing out of the 60 odd goals hes kicked for sydney in 25 games about half are against us.

I watch him every freaking other game and i see a guy who's got the mobility of a ruckman and plays as tall as Boomer Harvey, fumbling marks, being exploited with the rebound. Then starts playing hawthorn and he looks like Stuart Loewe's 200cm son who got outside help from his dad on how to kick.
LOL you have a fair point he plays like buddy does against essendon. Just tears it up. I think he has a lot of ability. injury hurt him. Not worth 800k or whatever there paying him

LOL you have a fair point he plays like buddy does against essendon. Just tears it up. I think he has a lot of ability. injury hurt him. Not worth 800k or whatever there paying him
I never had any doubts about Gibson ever, 12 Minutes in 2012 in his last game for Adelaide I thought it might of been Gibson's last season the way Tippett just bent him over, took about 3 contested marks over Gibson and kicked a couple of goals on him with some of those forward entries being 50/50 at best

Tippett is purely a confidence player, He's over-rated so much he becomes pretty under-rated, He's one of the best at taking overhead marks and his height and the strength he has is pretty unreal, his body positioning is pretty crummy and pretty weak below his knee's to be a forward but when things are going his way he changes a game completely because he's about as hard to deal with as any other big name forward. His team rarely loses games when he's on

He's much more valuable when he can do his 5-10 minutes a quarter in the ruck as he's actually a very decent back up ruck and is a good option around the ground. Unfortunately his body only makes it worth risking him for big games or finals in the ruck.

Pretty much if you want seasons long consistent production to get your team in to the top 4 don't look for Tippett, he's way too expensive to provide value for money. But come September when goals are hard to come by if he takes a couple of big marks, kicks a couple of goals and creates a contest and defensive threat then he's worth it.

In that sense he's kind of similar to Brian Lake at the Hawks. If Hawthorn were planning for Lake to carry their backline all year it would probably be a disaster. It's why they have Gibson, Stratton, Spangher and a great number of small defenders. Come finals though they need Lake and his influence can be the difference in a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

K Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back