Opinion Kane Cornes media career thread

Still a club champion? Or journalist shit stain?

• I still think he's alright

Votes: 55 27.9%
  • Total s**t Stain

Votes: 104 52.8%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish, besides him backing Hinkley to the hilt he always goes into bat for Port. Too much in actual fact, he should be a lot tougher on us.

Idk about that.

Heaping unnecessary pressure on Rozee (favourable comparisons to Walsh and suggesting the Blues picked the wrong one) and Horne-Francis (his ‘icebath’/North obsession) was a net-negative for all concerned except him and his desire for notoriety.

Rubbish, besides him backing Hinkley to the hilt he always goes into bat for Port. Too much in actual fact, he should be a lot tougher on us.
Got an audible chuckle from this one.

Idk about that.

Heaping unnecessary pressure on Rozee (favourable comparisons to Walsh and suggesting the Blues picked the wrong one) and Horne-Francis (his ‘icebath’/North obsession) was a net-negative for all concerned except him and his desire for notoriety.
Port supporter second, elevation of ego first.

Not sure Kornes is a Port supporter at all.

Was a great but selfish player, and now he’s even more selfish in retirement. Continually putting the needs of an individual over the best interests of the club, all because the guy extended his career by 50 games close to a decade ago, then let him go out on his own terms - by bailing on his team six games into a season.

Was a great but selfish player, and now he’s even more selfish in retirement. Continually putting the needs of an individual over the best interests of the club, all because the guy extended his career by 50 games close to a decade ago, then let him go out on his own terms - by bailing on his team six games into a season.
Kane Cornes was not a "great" player. Far ****ing from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a premiership player and delivered when needed in 2004, which is more than you can say about anybody on our current list. That alone may not make him a great but at least puts him up there.

Not sure Kornes is a Port supporter at all.
I think he is but he has a ranking of support in terms of who he cares about:
1. Kane Cornes
2. Ken Hinkley
3. Glenelg
4. Port Adelaide

So if Port is playing the clowns for example he will support Port, but if there is ever a situation where he needs to decide between Port or those top 3 things, he is taking any of them over the club by a long way.

Id say Kornes triggers port fans more than any other supporter base. And by quite a bit

I suspect you are right and I have to admit that I don't fully understand why. Kane obviously lights the blue touch paper with some us and maybe if his name was not Cornes the reaction would be different. Kane Cornes is now part of the media circus and has a social media profile as such he gets paid to stir controversy as that is what attracts an audience. Kane is simply following the path walked by the likes of David King, Garry Lyon etc.

Kane appears to be the 'go to person' if someone in the media wants a comment about Port Adelaide. To add a bit of spice to an otherwise routine story the journos ask Kane to comment in the knowledge that the comment will rattle the cage. Then again Kane Cornes is about the only ex Port player with any sort of national media profile so it is probably a case of who else are they going to ask?

Got an audible chuckle from this one.
Besides his unwavering love and loyalty to Hinkley and his constant goal post shifting to protect him, that gets a lot of supporters off side i'm really struggling to work out what the other issues are?

Besides his unwavering love and loyalty to Hinkley and his constant goal post shifting to protect him, that gets a lot of supporters off side i'm really struggling to work out what the other issues are?
Kornes is a shock jock, pure and simple.

why would anyone need to ask that? one of our two 300 AFL game players is a piece of shit, why do you think it's so upsetting

And... how does it trigger Port fans specifically?
His shtick is triggering people. I don't listen to what he says or read what he writes except what is posted on HumongousSherrin which is usually good for a laugh. He doesn't trigger me but I can't stand the sh!t stain.

And... how does it trigger Port fans specifically?

Because Port is run by a boys club of mediocre tossers which includes his brother and adopted Daddy and he is the media mouth piece they use to spread propaganda in order to protect themselves from scrutiny?

why would anyone need to ask that? one of our two 300 AFL game players is a piece of s**t, why do you think it's so upsetting
Piece of shit is strong language.

when you get past the shock jock schtick, which is what he is actually paid to do, he is still a 300 game (4x B n F, 2 x AA, premiership player) of the PAFC and doesn't actually seem to be piece of shit person either. Seems to be a pretty good family man in actual fact.

If you were saying Nick Stevens is a piece of shit, i would get that, but not Kane Cornes when literally all he is guilty of is having opinions on a game of football that you don't agree with. It's ridiculous.

Because Port is run by a boys club of mediocre tossers which includes his brother and adopted Daddy and he is the media mouth piece they use to spread propaganda in order to protect themselves from scrutiny?
some of this is could be true but it's more of a concern for those in charge of the club for directing this to happen. I have less issue with the mouth piece, who is paid to be a mouth piece on football.

some of this is could be true but it's more of a concern for those in charge of the club for directing this to happen. I have less issue with the mouth piece, who is paid to be a mouth piece on football.

Hang on, he's paid to comment on football and his particular brand of commentary is to be as critical and negative about everything he possibly can be, with one glaring exception. He doesn't have to be a mouth piece for the club, it's actually off brand. He does it to look after his mates.

The media is known as the fourth estate for a reason. Their role is accountability. Kane Cornes plays a very big role in ensuring nobody at our club is ever held accountable for their abject performance.

Piece of s**t is strong language.

he financially profits from gaslighting us. his playing record is irrelevant, he is like Rucci now, he shat all over his entire history with us. a paid shill of the 'Port Adelaide: Managing Expectations' era, est. 2012, so successful it has fans confused as to whether these soulless shills are pieces of shit or not

Back